[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: El_Matador, Aristotle, s0dr2, ThaScience  
Forum » Off-Topic » Sports & Entertainment » The Official Grand Theft Auto Thread
The Official Grand Theft Auto Thread
El_Matador Date: Sunday, 07/Mar/10, 6:49 PM | Message # 16

Heads
Quote (MashPotato)
I'm the GTA Queen! (for the record)

Finally someone who know what the fuck Blue Hell is lol People around me claiming they're GTA pro's but they really ain't

Quote (MashPotato)
El, first off, did you like LC or VC better? While both are remakes of previous games, VCS has a more new things to offer than LCS. Most notably is gang wars. It's not exactly like SA, but VCS has an undeniable SA feel. If I had to choose one, I'd go with VCS, but don't be expecting to play VC. If you can't decide on it, just rent them if you can. But they should be really cheap if you can find copies. Where I'm at there are only a few stores that sell older games like PS2 titles.

Loved em both, GTA 3 was the darkest (and most glitched) GTA ever, the city was gray, sad and somehow scary. I spent many years in VC too... but I think I liked VC more.

The point is, I don't have no PS2 or PSP, and I wonder if both Stories are worth of buying\borrowing the console just for them.

I read some things and watch alot of movies about Stories. People says that LCS story suck and it is like Vice City, no new things improved in engine. I heard also some good things about VCS. What do you think about VCS? I mean, was it harder to beat than SA, how was the storyline?

The only thing I'm sure about is Stories are spin-offs and they're not better than originals... The point is are they good enough to give a fuck and try to get them.

Quote (MashPotato)
If you guys liked SA, you would love Saints Row 2

That game was funny as fuck... and glitched as fuck. lol

Quote (MashPotato)
I experienced a very similar thing. I bought an xbox 360 JUST so I could play GTA IV because I loved SA so much. GTA were really the only games I would play. So when I got IV I was at first blown away by the life-like graphics. Sometimes in the evening when you're driving along the bridges and the sun hits just right I swear it looked exactly real. But the thing about IV was that it wasn't fun like SA was fun. I don't give a fuck about story or missions. Give me the world and leave me alone in it. Don't tell me what I have to do and give me a time limit and stupid obstacles. Girls just wanna have fun...

If I had played IV first I probably would've loved it to no end, but I was pampered by the size of SA and the attraction of being able to do my own thing in various ways. When I later found SR2, it was bliss. It was to me what SA2 should have been. After I turned it on I spent about 2 hours making MYSELF! Do you know what this means! I'm a little German Irish white girl and I always have to play video games as a Serbian or Afrian American male. SR2 let me make my character look exactly like me. That made me love it instantly. After the first mission (the intense prison island escape) I made it to shore, jacked a car and the first thing that played was Eek-A-Mouse's Ganja Smugglin. At that point, the game had my heart. lol. I spent around 300-400 hours playing that game before I ever went past the 4th mission. I just explored and created my own fun.

LOL! Too bad they didn't make San Andreas Stories (unfortunately, the PSP's memory couldn't handle that)

MENACE 2 JOKER: Go back to Mexico you damn spic
JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

MashPotato Date: Sunday, 07/Mar/10, 7:32 PM | Message # 17

DJs
Man, I found Blue Hell entrances in SA last year that no one else had ever discovered. I'm with you on that tip.

I watched my boyfriend (at the time) play through GTA3. I played it myself a few years later. (I, um, kinda "accidentally" packed his PS2 when I moved. It came with me. ..he didn't.) GTA3 felt really small after SA, but I liked it. Especially the motorcycle course. The controls were bad though, and like all of the GTA's are flawed this was no exception in that you had to play the stupid missions just to unlock more areas to play in. :( I can see how when it came out 3 must've been amazing. Especially if you had just played 2. lol. I enjoyed VC more than 3. Lots of places to stunt on a motorcycle and some fun side missions. The controls in VCS are like SA, not like VC. VCS feels so much better (play-wise) than VC. I can't tell you much about the story missions. I don't pay much attention to them, consider them an annoyance, and I haven't played those games in a long time.

I think you could borrow a PS2, rent VCS once or twice, and enjoy it with no regrets. That is - IF you can find a copy of it anywhere.

Just to be able to play it, I would've gladly accepted a limited-land version of SA Stories.

...I sound like such a geek. <_<

Save Time Travel
Register at chess.com (free). Send me your username. I'll challenge you.
HateMainstreamMusic Date: Sunday, 07/Mar/10, 7:37 PM | Message # 18

Emcees
i love the old liberty city... as matador said.. its was depressing and very grey...

Menace Date: Sunday, 07/Mar/10, 7:45 PM | Message # 19

Heads
GTA 3 was the BOMB back in the day . When i played it the first time i didn't even own a console or a PC i played it at a internet cafe i used to frequent . GTA 3 was every kids gaming dream come true . The game was awesome i have such good memories on it . GTA VC was also mad cool . For me at that time GTA VC was the freshest game i ever played coming from a morbid GTA 3 LC background to a sunny Miami like environment was mad cool .

ilikebacon3000 Date: Sunday, 07/Mar/10, 10:02 PM | Message # 20

Emcees
Quote (HateMainstreamMusic)
i love the old liberty city... as matador said.. its was depressing and very grey...

Agreed. New LC is tries too hard to be dark and bland. Old LC just was.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
El_Matador Date: Sunday, 07/Mar/10, 10:18 PM | Message # 21

Heads
Quote (MashPotato)
Man, I found Blue Hell entrances in SA last year that no one else had ever discovered. I'm with you on that tip.

What did u find?

Quote (MashPotato)
I think you could borrow a PS2, rent VCS once or twice, and enjoy it with no regrets. That is - IF you can find a copy of it anywhere.

If I won't find it then I'll download the game from the torrents like a European Pirate :D

Quote (MashPotato)
GTA3 felt really small after SA, but I liked it. Especially the motorcycle course

GTA 3 had no motorcycles :D

Quote (MashPotato)
Just to be able to play it, I would've gladly accepted a limited-land version of SA Stories.

...I sound like such a geek. <_<

lol I see you don't really care about storyline but... have you beat SA storyline missions?

Quote (Menace)
GTA 3 was the BOMB back in the day . When i played it the first time i didn't even own a console or a PC i played it at a internet cafe i used to frequent . GTA 3 was every kids gaming dream come true . The game was awesome i have such good memories on it . GTA VC was also mad cool . For me at that time GTA VC was the freshest game i ever played coming from a morbid GTA 3 LC background to a sunny Miami like environment was mad cool .

GTA 3 still kicks ass... I would say GTA 3>GTA 4 and, somehow someway, it is true

Quote (ilikebacon3000)
Agreed. New LC is tries too hard to be dark and bland. Old LC just was.

I loved Niko, Johnny and Luis but I'm not sure if I liked the new Liberty City.

JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

ilikebacon3000 Date: Sunday, 07/Mar/10, 10:22 PM | Message # 22

Emcees
Quote (El_Matador)
lol I see you don't really care about storyline but... have you beat SA storyline missions?

I didn't care at first about the story and I usually don't on my first playthrough. But I always go back and watch every cutscene and shit sometime or another. (I know this wasn't adressed toward me. I was just bored.)

Quote (El_Matador)
GTA 3 still kicks ass... I would say GTA 3>GTA 4 and, somehow someway, it is true

Agreed... Sadly...
Quote (El_Matador)
I loved Niko, Johnny and Luis but I'm not sure if I liked the new Liberty City.

UGH I still have yet to meet Johnny and Luis. PLEASE, no spoilers on this thread.

El_Matador Date: Sunday, 07/Mar/10, 10:24 PM | Message # 23

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
UGH I still have yet to meet Johnny and Luis. PLEASE, no spoilers on this thread.

SPOILER: the most important thing about Ballads Of Gay Tony's plot!!! It is revealed in game that Luis has a small cock (I'm serious)

Quote (ilikebacon3000)
(I know this wasn't adressed toward me. I was just bored.)

lol!

MashPotato Date: Sunday, 07/Mar/10, 11:21 PM | Message # 24

DJs
I don't want to know how, but are you saying that you can obtain "backup" copies of PS2 games from a torrent thing?

GTA 3 had motorcycles... On the island you start on at the northwest corner there's a really fun bike course. ...wait. Maybe that was in LCS, not 3. ...yeah, in 3 that area had a construction site and a diner.

I did finish the SA storylines. Most of them were really well done. Loved Wuzi.

Besides Bacon3k, did everyone else play L&D and Tony? Without xbox Live I had to wait for the release on disc and by then I was so done with that game.

How would you rate all of the GTA games you've played? I'd have to say..

SA > IV > VCS > VC > LCS > GTA3 > L69 > GTA2 > GTA1 > CTW

Save Time Travel
ilikebacon3000 Date: Sunday, 07/Mar/10, 11:53 PM | Message # 25

Emcees
Quote (MashPotato)

SA>Vice City>IV>GTA3>VCS>LCS>GTA2 (I never played L69 or CTW or GTA1)

Uncharted Date: Monday, 08/Mar/10, 0:00 AM | Message # 26

Emcees
i used to play the old LC ALL THE TIME the new one just tries too hard to capture that essence of the old one

MashPotato Date: Monday, 08/Mar/10, 3:41 AM | Message # 27

DJs
Quote (El_Matador)
What did u find?

Sorry, I forgot to look earlier. I haven't played that in a while and have archived all of that stuff to an external drive. This is the only one I could easily find that I had documented:

Go to this location and jetpack up - into Blue Hell. It's in the Market district of Los Santos. Um, another thing I just remembered was that one of the problems with BH is that you can't go under the water to travel between the islands. However, I found 2 locations where this is possible. One is an underground space near the suicide photographers where you could go through the water between the Mountain area and Los Santos islands. The other was to follow under one of the bridges between north LS and south LV. It's the one near the Panoptocon.

Added (08/Mar/10, 3:41 Am)
---------------------------------------------
...the underwater transfer points are important because (as far as I know) there's no BH entrance in LV, but if you get under LV you can explore Area 69 with no guards around. There's also the motorcycle/crate glitch to get in there, but there are guards inside if you go in that way.

Save Time Travel
HateMainstreamMusic Date: Monday, 08/Mar/10, 9:42 AM | Message # 28

Emcees
Quote (MashPotato)

SA>VC>GTA3>LCS>CTW>VCS>GTAIV>GTA2>GTA1

El_Matador Date: Monday, 08/Mar/10, 10:37 AM | Message # 29

Heads
Quote (MashPotato)
GTA 3 had motorcycles... On the island you start on at the northwest corner there's a really fun bike course. ...wait. Maybe that was in LCS, not 3. ...yeah, in 3 that area had a construction site and a diner.

Yes, LCS had, not 3 :D

Quote (MashPotato)
I did finish the SA storylines. Most of them were really well done. Loved Wuzi.

To me, they should keep the whole storyline in a gangsta style, something ain't right when you see a ghetto soldier jumping with a parachute in a business suit with M4 to do some action in James Bond style. They shouldn't make San Andreas Stories, just Los Santos Stories, and keep the whole plot in the ghetto.

Still tho', that strange SA storyline is understandable, cos they had use use somehow someway the whole SA map in the story lol

Quote (MashPotato)
How would you rate all of the GTA games you've played? I'd have to say..

I haven't played Stories so I won't use them in my listing

GTA VC > GTA 3 > GTA 4 > GTA SA (sorry MashPotato LMAO) > GTA CTW (the main character was a fucking asshole but whole game had many funny dialogues) > GTA 1 > GTA 2 > GTA Advance > GTA Londons

Quote (MashPotato)
Go to this location and jetpack up - into Blue Hell. It's in the Market district of Los Santos. Um, another thing I just remembered was that one of the problems with BH is that you can't go under the water to travel between the islands. However, I found 2 locations where this is possible. One is an underground space near the suicide photographers where you could go through the water between the Mountain area and Los Santos islands. The other was to follow under one of the bridges between north LS and south LV. It's the one near the Panoptocon.

Added (08/Mar/10, 3:41 Am)
---------------------------------------------
...the underwater transfer points are important because (as far as I know) there's no BH entrance in LV, but if you get under LV you can explore Area 69 with no guards around. There's also the motorcycle/crate glitch to get in there, but there are guards inside if you go in that way.

Underwater locations! Thanks for the tip, I'll defo check it out!

btw have you entered INSIDE the Los Santos Airport? I couldn't get inside, only on the rooftop. I heard that inside are textures of peds that are not moving (which can be seen in the SA intro).

Quote (MashPotato)
I don't want to know how, but are you saying that you can obtain "backup" copies of PS2 games from a torrent thing?

Of course, I already downloaded VCS :D Now I gotta borrow the console from someone

HateMainstreamMusic Date: Monday, 08/Mar/10, 12:19 PM | Message # 30

Emcees
Quote (El_Matador)
Of course, I already downloaded VCS Now I gotta borrow the console from someone

you do know the EASIEST way to play backups on a ps2 you have to hard mod the ps2 right?

Message edited by HateMainstreamMusic - Monday, 08/Mar/10, 12:19 PM
Forum » Off-Topic » Sports & Entertainment » The Official Grand Theft Auto Thread
Search: