[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: El_Matador, Aristotle, s0dr2, ThaScience  
Forum » Off-Topic » Sports & Entertainment » The Official Grand Theft Auto Thread
The Official Grand Theft Auto Thread
El_Matador Date: Saturday, 13/Feb/10, 5:33 PM | Message # 1

Heads
Everything and anything about GTA series goes here... an' we go! Anyone has played "Liberty City Stories" or "Vice City Stories"?

MENACE 2 JOKER: Go back to Mexico you damn spic
JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

EmSeeD Date: Saturday, 13/Feb/10, 8:36 PM | Message # 2

Heads
Quote (El_Matador)
Anyone has played "Liberty City Stories" or "Vice City Stories"?

i only played some GTA Libery City Stories but my PSP broke, and i've got Vice City Stories somewhere but i don't play it much, its my little brothers.

i've played GTA3, Vice City, San Andreas & GTAIV, clocked GTA3 in one week and clocked Vice City around 2 weeks or maybe just over, GTAIV was long as though.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
HateMainstreamMusic Date: Saturday, 13/Feb/10, 8:47 PM | Message # 3

Emcees
i played them all except 1 and 2...liberty city stories was amazing... so is china town wars...

NtG Date: Saturday, 13/Feb/10, 10:16 PM | Message # 4

Heads
Ive only played San Andreas, and IV. IV was a disappointment to me cuz San Andreas was just so DAMN GOOD!

[deleted]
El_Matador Date: Saturday, 13/Feb/10, 10:49 PM | Message # 5

Heads
What you guys can tell me about LCS and VCS? From what I heard, LCS got silly story that goes nowhere, with the main hero who is totally controlled by Salvatore and his tongue is too up in Salvatore's ass (its not likely for GTA protagonists). About VCS all I heard is a very touching storyline, but people says, that VCS ain't even close to classic VC. Tell me dudes, are LCS and VCS worth of play?

btw LCS Theme is amazing, and for damn sure best GTA's theme ever (SA theme is right after it)

Quote (EmSeeD)
GTAIV was long as though

San Andreas was longer tho'... and more difficult. GTA IV was Eazy as E.

JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

HateMainstreamMusic Date: Saturday, 13/Feb/10, 11:00 PM | Message # 6

Emcees
btw LCS Theme is amazing, and for damn sure best GTA's theme ever (SA theme is right after it)
haha yeah it is...best gta theme song... and there not really worth playing... i'd go for chinatown wars now... it has a good story... lcs i enjoyed the story but thats probably because i was younger then... and anything mafia back then was cool to me... gta 3 and vice city are much better than the first 2 psp ones...

EmSeeD Date: Saturday, 13/Feb/10, 11:01 PM | Message # 7

Heads
Quote (El_Matador)
GTA IV was Eazy as E.

yeah it was, and that theme song is the shi'ite. i was thinking the other day which game had the hardest Final mission, out of the ones i played GTA3 and San Andrea's had the hardest Final missions.

which one do you think was harder?

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
HateMainstreamMusic Date: Saturday, 13/Feb/10, 11:03 PM | Message # 8

Emcees
you know what i fucking hated in san andreas... remember that mission where you had to have like almost max swimming skills to do the mission? it took so long just swimming around it circles to get my skill up LOL

El_Matador Date: Saturday, 13/Feb/10, 11:26 PM | Message # 9

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)
GTA3

if you use sniper rifle then "The Exchange" will be the easiest final gta mission ever

Quote (EmSeeD)
which one do you think was harder?

San Andreas for sure. It was not only hard, it was also boring and annoying cos you had to own almost 100% (if I'm not wrong) of the Los Santos, which means you had to win a FUCKING BUNCH of territory wars with Ballas and the other gangs to unlock the final mission.

Quote (HateMainstreamMusic)
you know what i fucking hated in san andreas

SA was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long plus the story was strange to me, first CJ is a typical ghetto soldier doing everything to bring the Groove Street Famillies status back, and right after then, he's a super James Bond-ass agent, jumping with the parachute, working for the government (Mike Toreno) and fighting with the international mafias. To me, San Andreas storyline lost something original after completing the 1st part, which means Los Santos missions.

Quote (HateMainstreamMusic)
remember that mission where you had to have like almost max swimming skills to do the mission? it took so long just swimming around it circles to get my skill up LOL

Yeah, the mission when you have to get on the board of some ship and steal something, or kill some fucker, I don't remember. But I remember it was maximum lame with those swimming skills, things like this makes you wanna use the (yuck!) cheats. Speakin on annoying shit in SA, I was also WTF when I've discovered that after purchasing an old airport in the desert you had to complete the flying school. Fucking sucks.

But other than that... the game was good. It might sound weird, but my fav part of the game is crashing cars, I love when CJ is cursing on other drivers :D I used to drive around for looooooooong hours and just knocking other cars and listening to CJ's cursing :D

HateMainstreamMusic Date: Sunday, 14/Feb/10, 9:45 AM | Message # 10

Emcees
Quote (El_Matador)
I was also WTF when I've discovered that after purchasing an old airport in the desert you had to complete the flying school. Fucking sucks.

HAHAHA i remember that... shit took me forever on the computer... i HATED the flying school

MashPotato Date: Sunday, 07/Mar/10, 5:12 PM | Message # 11

DJs
I'm the GTA Queen! (for the record)

El, first off, did you like LC or VC better? While both are remakes of previous games, VCS has a more new things to offer than LCS. Most notably is gang wars. It's not exactly like SA, but VCS has an undeniable SA feel. If I had to choose one, I'd go with VCS, but don't be expecting to play VC. If you can't decide on it, just rent them if you can. But they should be really cheap if you can find copies. Where I'm at there are only a few stores that sell older games like PS2 titles.

If you guys liked SA, you would love Saints Row 2.

Save Time Travel
Register at chess.com (free). Send me your username. I'll challenge you.
HateMainstreamMusic Date: Sunday, 07/Mar/10, 5:30 PM | Message # 12

Emcees
saints row 1 for its time > saints row 2 for its time... and also there are other reasons i like the first better... (i have both)...
1. protect the pimp from sr1... why'd they get rid of it? it was AWESOME...
2. Saints Row 2 was full of little additions... nothing big except flying... it was pretty much the same shit... gameplay wise
3. idk about you... but i love customizing shit... and sr1 had a lot more clothes and chains if i remember...

the story was a better in 2... but its nothing too memorable... so it was almost no step up from 1 imo...

but hey thats just what i think... sr2 could be liked... but thats just my little 2 cents...

MashPotato Date: Sunday, 07/Mar/10, 5:49 PM | Message # 13

DJs
*pockets pennies*

1&2. I played SR2 before I played SR1. So I'm seeing it from the opposite perspective, but I can totally understand what you're saying. The loss of the tilting bridge, baggy clothes, the girl that drives you around, those fools that want their money back trying to kill me every day, the extensive and progressive races. Yes. They removed a lot. But they replaced those pieces with cool stuff, imo.

3. As for clothing. I wrote the guide on that. I'm not joking. Check GameFAQs. I wrote the guide on that. ;) lol. There are a lot more customizable features and clothing accessories in SR2.

Nothing too memorable!? There are pirates fighting ninja at the dock. I repeat, there are pirates fighting ninja!! That had to be the single funniest random moment in a video game ever. Plus, Gat really came to life in SR2. He's the best man. Ever.

Save Time Travel
HateMainstreamMusic Date: Sunday, 07/Mar/10, 6:04 PM | Message # 14

Emcees
Quote (MashPotato)
1&2. I played SR2 before I played SR1. So I'm seeing it from the opposite perspective, but I can totally understand what you're saying. The loss of the tilting bridge, baggy clothes, the girl that drives you around, those fools that want their money back trying to kill me every day, the extensive and progressive races. Yes. They removed a lot. But they replaced those pieces with cool stuff, imo.

Oh how i miss you baggy clothes... oh how i miss you... but i just loved everything in sr1... i played it so long to get the gold gun.. the special rocket launcher... the pimp stuff... i didn't do that in sr2... Because i enjoyed the activities... they were simple and basic... and not TOO silly... I loved that bridge that i would climb and snipe people from the top... i miss the tilting bridge too... fuck, i'm getting nostalgic...

Quote (MashPotato)
3. As for clothing. I wrote the guide on that. I'm not joking. Check GameFAQs. I wrote the guide on that. lol. There are a lot more customizable features and clothing accessories in SR2.

But wasn't there less clothes but more options with them?... thats what i thought... like you could change the colors and stuff...

Quote (MashPotato)
Nothing too memorable!? There are pirates fighting ninja at the dock. I repeat, there are pirates fighting ninja!! That had to be the single funniest random moment in a video game ever. Plus, Gat really came to life in SR2. He's the best man. Ever.

yeah i understand what your saying... they made the characters more deep... It was much more story based... but like a year later... it just was a disappointment... Maybe i expected too much? I mean i remember in the summer after 6th grade... i got my xbox 360 JUST for saints row... so am a fan of the series for sure... and i liked sr2 don't get me wrong... but they added some silly things and took away my favorite stuff... i wish they kinda added onto it instead of switched the features... then i probably would've liked it more...

Added (07/Mar/10, 6:04 PM)
---------------------------------------------
ONE MORE THING...
Music in SR1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SR2

MashPotato Date: Sunday, 07/Mar/10, 6:45 PM | Message # 15

DJs
You're right that you can change the colors and styles of individual parts on a piece of clothing in SR2, but there are more clothing options in SR2. Count them if you wish - SR1 Clothing FAQ and SR2 Clothing FAQ.

I experienced a very similar thing. I bought an xbox 360 JUST so I could play GTA IV because I loved SA so much. GTA were really the only games I would play. So when I got IV I was at first blown away by the life-like graphics. Sometimes in the evening when you're driving along the bridges and the sun hits just right I swear it looked exactly real. But the thing about IV was that it wasn't fun like SA was fun. I don't give a fuck about story or missions. Give me the world and leave me alone in it. Don't tell me what I have to do and give me a time limit and stupid obstacles. Girls just wanna have fun...

If I had played IV first I probably would've loved it to no end, but I was pampered by the size of SA and the attraction of being able to do my own thing in various ways. When I later found SR2, it was bliss. It was to me what SA2 should have been. After I turned it on I spent about 2 hours making MYSELF! Do you know what this means! I'm a little German Irish white girl and I always have to play video games as a Serbian or Afrian American male. SR2 let me make my character look exactly like me. That made me love it instantly. After the first mission (the intense prison island escape) I made it to shore, jacked a car and the first thing that played was Eek-A-Mouse's Ganja Smugglin. At that point, the game had my heart. lol. I spent around 300-400 hours playing that game before I ever went past the 4th mission. I just explored and created my own fun.

Later when I got SR1, I felt the same as you. It was basically the same thing as what I had just played, except now I was stuck to the ground - I couldn't fly, I couldn't swim, my jet skis and boats were gone, where's my heli?, all of my clothes, my ninja outfit, the entire Suburbs expansion district is gone, as well as the Marina and other areas, just gone... etc. There was so much missing that I was used to having. I think the feeling could be equal either way - going SR1 to 2 or 2to1.

*sings* My little pony.. ;) The Hip Hop in SR1 was far more extensive than in SR2. The Biz track was hilarious. But there were some hits on SR2 like Sexy Results, Death of a Moralist, the entire 420 station, and the surprise sing-along's to 80's tunes. Overall SR1 Music >> SR2 Music.

Breaking into stores at night, robbing the safe, and making the get away while drunk and high, everything flashing... Those were the days. ;) The drug effects and variety in SR1 > SR2. I could talk forever about that game. lol.

Save Time Travel
Forum » Off-Topic » Sports & Entertainment » The Official Grand Theft Auto Thread
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: