[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: El_Matador, Aristotle, s0dr2, ThaScience  
Forum » Off-Topic » Sports & Entertainment » What are you reading?
What are you reading?
ilikebacon3000 Date: Sunday, 13/Mar/11, 4:40 PM | Message # 1

Emcees
I'm currently re-reading "The Perks of Being a wallflower" (one of my favorite books of all time)

And I'm reading 3 books on the oklahoma city bombing... one called "American Terrorist" about Timothy MCVeigh and 2 generic reference books i found at the library over it, which just contain interviews from survivors, media people, and rescue workers.
i just finished another book about.. i'm obsessed %)

oh and i finished julias caesar and i'm gonna be working on The Odyssey and To Kill a Mockingbird soon...

Shakespeare is DOPE (no sarcasm.) Julius Caesar was the shit.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
Menace Date: Sunday, 13/Mar/11, 6:07 PM | Message # 2

Heads
A lot of hustler magazine for no apparent reason and two books, "The Secret Order of Assassins" and "The Assassin Legends: Myths of the Isma'ilis ". I've been playing the Assassin's Creed series for a while now and the games made me research into the real assassins order and so on LOL :D

EverGlazed Date: Monday, 14/Mar/11, 7:40 AM | Message # 3

Writers
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
Shakespeare is DOPE

lol I dont think Shakespeare and Dope have ever been used in the same sentence before.... facepalm

Im reading 'The Traveller' by John Twelve Hawks atm, and so far its been fuckin' siiiick :P
In short Its about a few people who can travel between realities, the people who want them gone and the people who are sworn to protect them. Sounds gay I know...lol

A book that I highly recommend is 'McMafia: Crime Without Frontiers'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misha_Glenny
http://www.amazon.co.uk/McMafia....4075039

..And all the Jack Reacher (Lee Child) Novels :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/EverGlazed?feature=mhum
El_Matador Date: Tuesday, 11/Oct/11, 2:36 PM | Message # 4

Heads
I'm reading Stephen King's Night Shift at the moment. King writes crazy horror stories

MENACE 2 JOKER: Go back to Mexico you damn spic
JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

Greeny Date: Tuesday, 11/Oct/11, 3:20 PM | Message # 5

OGs
I don't find time to read anymore. Listening to audio books instead. Just finished Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol". It stinks. Some awesome first person drowning scenes though.

:)
Adam Date: Wednesday, 12/Oct/11, 7:06 AM | Message # 6

B-Girls
Reading... bah, there is much more productive stuff I could do like try and get my deviant art portfolio to 100 before the school year is out.

But I am reading "The Partner" written by John Grisham, who is my fav author.

Greeny how can you not have time to read, but instead have time to listen to audio books, audio books would require much more concentration then reading at your own pace.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
Greeny Date: Wednesday, 12/Oct/11, 7:15 AM | Message # 7

OGs
I can listen to the audio book whilst working.
How does it take more concentration? You only use your ears for it. You have to fully dedicate your time to read a book.

Adam Date: Wednesday, 12/Oct/11, 7:19 AM | Message # 8

B-Girls
Because I can pause when reading just by looking away or something. With an audio book I might miss a few lines and have to rewind or something.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
Greeny Date: Wednesday, 12/Oct/11, 10:36 AM | Message # 9

OGs
An audio book can be paused; both have to be paused at the end of a sentence. It's way easier to just listen rather than reading. At least it is for me. I drift off easier when I'm reading. I can read entire pages unconsciously.
I got through the audio book in less than 3 workdays. I can get through 3 books a week just by listening to audio books whilst working.

Lord_Meth Date: Wednesday, 12/Oct/11, 4:42 PM | Message # 10

Heads
I am currently reading Justin Cronin's The Passage, good book.
And I'm also reading Christopher Pike's (who by the way is my favorite author and biggest inspiration) Until the End and his Thirst series.
Also, I'm reading my own book, looking for scenes that I can edit.
So it's all good in the hood.

Sick With It
KrazeeTork Date: Sunday, 16/Oct/11, 6:31 AM | Message # 11

Removed
my emails plus stuff on this forum.
EmSeeD Date: Friday, 06/Apr/12, 6:16 AM | Message # 12

Heads
Steven Kings "IT"

this book is awesome

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Treach Date: Friday, 06/Apr/12, 10:45 AM | Message # 13

OGs
Kurt Vonnegut "Breakfast of champions"

"We took pride in intellect and skill
Now you gotta have some sex appeal to get a record deal"
- K-RINO
Greeny Date: Friday, 06/Apr/12, 5:16 PM | Message # 14

OGs
I been reading these awesome cartoonized series from the 70's based on classic books... Read "The Man With The Iron Mask" (reminded me of MF DOOM lol) and "20 Years Later", both by Dumas and both followers of "The Three Musketeers".
Reading "Around the World in a Submarine" by Jules Verne.
Also reading a Danish philosophy historian's book about Kierkegaard (Ole Morsing in case you give a shit) and Løgstrup's "Opgør Med Kierkegaard" (some versus shit) and a book on logic called "Logic", mainly because it made me think of Sims lolol, but also because I read some of that author's (Justus Hartnack) stuff in philosophy class, including snippets from "Logic".

s0dr2 Date: Friday, 06/Apr/12, 7:26 PM | Message # 15

OGs
i dont read but i wish i did

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Forum » Off-Topic » Sports & Entertainment » What are you reading?
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: