Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: El_Matador, ThaScience  
Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » Autoplay On The Playlist On The Main Page
Autoplay On The Playlist On The Main Page
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 5:48 AM | Message # 1

Heads
Alright, here's the issue. 2 Heads are f****n lazy and felt it was more beneficial to turn off autoplay than actually sit down and put it on pause when they don't want to hear the playlist biggrin My question is mainly directed to members who are not actually part of our administrative staff. Do you, as a customer, feel it is more important that we have the music auto play on the main page because it livens that page up and realize that all it is is one click to pause/stop and you don't have to deal with it, or are you the type that gets mad when a site, MySpace page, YT page, etc., has autoplay and find it to be a detracting factor? Give your opinion here!

The other thread
http://realhiphop4ever.ucoz.com/forum/16-1806-1

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Chinita Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 10:33 AM | Message # 2

Heads
i'll start this off and we can go either way, we want to do whats best for the site and members...
the reason for the music in the first place was to have some music on the site because it was so quiet and dead so we put music..this is a hip hop site so it should have some kind of music playing espcially different songs that come on.. on the tag board many had siad they loved that playlist and some have come up to me on myspace saying they love the site and music we got on there, we have 29,000 views and people come back for a reason. now without auto play i feel the page seems dead and why change something that is working out good as far as visitors and views..when i reach another hip hop site or myspace i just pause the button..when i add or news, video of the day, feature, new videos, what i do is quickly stop it or listen to it and yes it can be annoying at times but in my opinion i feel the site needs it for some liveliness. for watchers, visitors that come on our site being its a hip hop site so its not about me of what i like, this is about the site as a whole..if people read news they can hear music.. so please lets hear other opinions from heads, og's and all members including you erik and how you feel about it because we aim to please everyone and at the same time will not do anything to hurt the site.
one more thngs its bads enough we had to remove the tag board and now the music..there is not much more on the front page but the news and videos we add.. <_<

look how quickly people loved their feature "auto play " on youtube untill they took it away we had some live music on there, it was good and most loved it..

Chinita Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 10:37 AM | Message # 3

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
Alright, here's the issue. 2 Heads are f****n lazy and felt it was more beneficial to turn off autoplay than actually sit down and put it on pause when they don't want to hear the playlist My question is mainly directed to members who are not actually part of our administrative staff. Do you, as a customer, feel it is more important that we have the music auto play on the main page because it livens that page up and realize that all it is is one click to pause/stop and you don't have to deal with it, or are you the type that gets mad when a site, MySpace page, YT page, etc., has autoplay and find it to be a detracting factor? Give your opinion here!

well do you like the auto play or not? you didn't say how you felt about it..

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 10:40 AM | Message # 4

Heads
i'll save my opinion for a rainy day smile

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Chinita Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 10:45 AM | Message # 5

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
i'll save my opinion for a rainy day

erik we need ur opinion now as a head or is everyone going to leave it for a rainy day LOL it might not rain so spill up.. smile

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 10:53 AM | Message # 6

Emcees
i think an anthem should be on autoplay.......and the other tracks optional

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

Chinita Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 10:54 AM | Message # 7

Heads
Quote (LadyChinita)
well do you like the auto play or not? you didn't say how you felt about it..

sorry i didn't mean if you like it LOL i find it annoying also but its not about us, its about the site..people loved auto play in youtube until they took it away..they still find ways of getting auto play back on their channels..lol

Chinita Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 10:56 AM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue)
think an anthem should be on autoplay.......and the other tracks optional

well we can take care of that in the new website we are working..but for now, is that answer that you like the some kind of music comeing on in the site?

Chinita Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 11:00 AM | Message # 9

Heads
oh i remember we did have that track on the intro page but we are trying to get that into page back that had the logo on it and music..miss that smile many people liked that..

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 11:02 AM | Message # 10

Heads
once we get enough feedback i will give my opinion. i can give you a half-assed one now or i can fully formulate one and then come back give it to you once i see all the different points of view.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Chinita Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 11:11 AM | Message # 11

Heads
Quote (MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue)
think an anthem should be on autoplay....

ok i just realized you did put auto play on there lol

NtG Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 11:40 AM | Message # 12

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
once we get enough feedback i will give my opinion. i can give you a half-assed one now or i can fully formulate one and then come back give it to you once i see all the different points of view.

ok goose lover. i dont want it on autoplay. my opinion stands

[deleted]
Menace Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 11:45 AM | Message # 13

Heads
its all good whit me it gives us a note of professionalism

11thPlague Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 11:46 AM | Message # 14

Removed
I personally dont like the video of the day right there on the main page
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 11:49 AM | Message # 15

Heads
Where would we put it if not on the main page?

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » Autoplay On The Playlist On The Main Page
Search: