New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: El_Matador, ThaScience  
Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » New Forum
New Forum
TheWatcher Date: Tuesday, 21/Jul/09, 7:39 PM | Message # 1

Heads
Already sent this to Menace but looks like this is where I'm supposed to post this stuff so alright..

I'd like to see a new forum where I (or anybody) would post a thread for an artist so that section would be filled with threads called Tupac, Redman, Jay Electronica, Rakim etc. Inside the threads everyone would post some decent tracks from that artist to listen to, preferably with a link to the youtube video for it or at least a download link. They would also post the lyrics to the track just to make it easier for people who aren't really into that artist to really see what everyone else seems to see about that guy (Doom.. Perfect example except that he's wackjuice..) The rules would be only one video per post (as if you post like 40 a page the thread will never load for anyone and everybody loses.) I could moderate that section (try to find videos if the poster can't) and manage the 1 video per post thing.

EmSeeD Date: Tuesday, 21/Jul/09, 7:59 PM | Message # 2

Heads
sounds okay, we have some threads like these in the hip hop videos forum

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Adam Date: Tuesday, 21/Jul/09, 8:12 PM | Message # 3

B-Girls
Are you talking about a portaled forum? Or did you mean a new subject with threads like stated?

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Tuesday, 21/Jul/09, 8:14 PM | Message # 4

Rappers
Quote (Adam)
Are you talking about a portaled forum? Or did you mean a new subject with threads like stated?

a sub forum here, new section... whatever you wanna call it

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

TUMBLR CLICK CLICK CLICK!
I_Guy Date: Wednesday, 22/Jul/09, 0:05 AM | Message # 5

Heads
That would be alright. I think those threads should contain all posts related to that individual artist though. That would clear up alot of repitition.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
Chinita Date: Wednesday, 22/Jul/09, 12:11 PM | Message # 6

Heads
Quote (TheWatcher)
I'd like to see a new forum where I (or anybody) would post a thread for an artist so that section would be filled with threads called Tupac, Redman, Jay Electronica, Rakim etc. Inside the threads everyone would post some decent tracks from that artist to listen to, preferably with a link to the youtube video for it or at least a download link. They would also post the lyrics to the track just to make it easier for people who aren't really into that artist to really see what everyone else seems to see about that guy (Doom.. Perfect example except that he's wackjuice..)

nice idea, members can concentrate and get familiar especially with new artists or old..love the lyrics part too and it would be organized, things get lost in gen hip hop..what would we name this forum if we did it?

Quote (TheWatcher)
The rules would be only one video per post (as if you post like 40 a page the thread will never load for anyone and everybody loses.) I could moderate that section (try to find videos if the poster can't) and manage the 1 video per post thing.

true maybe one track, to get a better feel of this artist and maybe a short bio if available..

Quote (TheWatcher)
I could moderate that section (try to find videos if the poster can't) and manage the 1 video per post thing.

if u can keep on top of it, sounds like a good plan, n if we can figure it all out or try it out and see if it works. worth a shot. we need a name also.

Chinita Date: Wednesday, 22/Jul/09, 12:23 PM | Message # 7

Heads
Quote (TheWatcher)
The rules would be only one video per post

oh one video per post in that thread, i was a bit confused before..yea sounds good :)

Chinita Date: Wednesday, 22/Jul/09, 4:39 PM | Message # 8

Heads
bump

Lord_Meth Date: Wednesday, 22/Jul/09, 4:41 PM | Message # 9

Heads
no.........I gaurentee half of the forums would be dead if we did............there something called wikipedia if u wanna learn about an artist

Sick With It
Chinita Date: Wednesday, 22/Jul/09, 4:47 PM | Message # 10

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)
no.........I gaurentee half of the forums would be dead if we did............there something called wikipedia if u wanna learn about an artist

might be true but we can try...
haha we are a hip hop site, why send people to crappy wikki to learn about artists when they can post artists here like our index and besides wiki is crap sometimes u dont know whats true on there or not. i dont know about a whole forum but it might clear up clutter or we put it with hip hop videos/artists or something like that but that might be confusing.. we had the artist/producers section but no one is takin care of that anymore..

Lord_Meth Date: Wednesday, 22/Jul/09, 4:49 PM | Message # 11

Heads
Quote (LadyChinita)
hip hop videos/artists or something like that but that might be confusing.. we had the artist/producers section but no one is takin care of that anymore..

Lapen handled it, but he is relatively inactive
But its not like I personally ever used it...I always used the web to find out about an artist....the upcoming releases are useful tho

Sick With It
Chinita Date: Wednesday, 22/Jul/09, 5:04 PM | Message # 12

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)
I always used the web to find out about an artist

exactly, we are the web..what are we, chop suey? %)

wish we had someone that can build it, there are many new and great artists that no one knows about, people are deffinatley interested or our underground hip hop thread wouldnt have so many views, its one of our top 5 threads..we have to figure out something...this will be in the forum though, not a site page like the artist section... a forum people can comment, just thinking of what we can do to add it.. gen hip hop is to cluttered for it and it will get lost just like our bboy threads.. we have to bring out all elements of hip hop..in the new site we will add all elements anyway and hip hop history so we will need this, dont know if a new section or forum in the thread..havent figured that one out yet. lol

Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Wednesday, 22/Jul/09, 5:06 PM | Message # 13

Rappers
That forum will make it easier for people to learn and listen to new artists

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

TUMBLR CLICK CLICK CLICK!
Lord_Meth Date: Wednesday, 22/Jul/09, 5:12 PM | Message # 14

Heads
Well if yall want to go ahead, lol I wont piss my pants or anything...I just dont think it would really be necessary...........BUT it will bring new members possibley if we do....Its watever with me......Go head...if yall dont...I wont complain either

Sick With It
TheWatcher Date: Wednesday, 22/Jul/09, 5:13 PM | Message # 15

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)

How's that now? This would be like an artist introduction section.. Your logic astounds me <_< Wikipedia doesn't talk to you, wikipedia isn't a person, wikipedia won't recommend artists, wikipedia won't mention artists you don't know anything about, wikipedia doesn't post videos with the artist you're looking for and if someone took the time to post both videos and lyrics for the track it would make it so much easier to check out artists (I'm lazy like that.. I would enjoy that section).

Quote (EYAR15)
That forum will make it easier for people to learn and listen to new artists

Or just what he said ^

Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » New Forum
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: