Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: El_Matador, ThaScience  
Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » Forum Restructuring
Forum Restructuring
eboyd Date: Sunday, 06/Dec/09, 3:06 PM | Message # 1

Heads
Ok, this will be a long discussion with a lot of contrasting opinions so bear with me here.

I feel that there are a number of things that need to be changed on the forum for various reasons. What I will do is present what needs to be changed, and each topic will be followed by the reasons it needs to be changed and the ways I would hope the ideal restructuring to go. So without further ado, here we go:

New messages counter:

Reasons

-threads are getting lost in the shuffle
-certain types of threads are getting precedence over other threads (ie: knowledge/political and off-topic over general hip hop) because they are all seen as one unified forum under the new messages counter
-because of the aforementioned, assumptions easily get made about our site (ie: we are an atheist hip hop site because of the plethora of knowledge threads that are biased towards atheism)

Proposed remedy to the problem

Remove all forums from the new messages counter

How will this help?

-people will only be able to go to a thread if they want and therefore will not get the idea that there is bias
-people will have to decide what topic they want to go to and so if a forum is being neglected it will only be because the thread is irrelevant and we should consider losing it (depending on what the forum is for)
-threads will not get lost in the shuffle as quickly

Knowledge/political forum:

reasons

-specific subjects (such as rational philosophy, anarchy, etc.) are given far too much precedence, jeopardizing the neutrality of this site

proposed remedy to this problem

Create a Knowledge Section with forums such as religion (or lack thereof), religious debate, politics, philosophy, economics, etc.

how will this help?

-religious people could have an entire section to discuss their religious views without ridicule, eliminating the anti-religious bias inherent on the site, yet still go and discuss opposing views in the religious debate forum
-different threads that relate to certain topics will no longer be neglected

For now that is all I have. There will be more later. These are the structural issues our forum is currently having though.

VOTE!
http://realhiphop4ever.ucoz.com/forum/16-3606-1

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Sunday, 06/Dec/09, 4:15 PM | Message # 2

Heads
Very important thread! Needs responses!

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 06/Dec/09, 4:19 PM | Message # 3

Heads
i'll reply soon i'm in class atm

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
eboyd Date: Sunday, 06/Dec/09, 4:24 PM | Message # 4

Heads
Ok

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Chinita Date: Sunday, 06/Dec/09, 4:49 PM | Message # 5

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
Proposed remedy to the problem

Remove all forums from the new messages counter

How will this help?

-people will only be able to go to a thread if they want and therefore will not get the idea that there is bias
-people will have to decide what topic they want to go to and so if a forum is being neglected it will only be because the thread is irrelevant and we should consider losing it (depending on what the forum is for)
-threads will not get lost in the shuffle as quickly

i like the idea, we can try it out for a week to see how it works but we have to monitor the threads to see if it slows things down or really helps, if it doesn't work out then we can put it back.

maybe you should move this to the og/heads forum to see what the og's think of this idea and so they know about it.

Quote (eboyd)

Create a Knowledge Section with forums such as religion (or lack thereof), religious debate, politics, philosophy, economics, etc.

i like this idea also, its worth a shot and again its reversible, just remember you have to write up some rules and guidlines explaining this..

Quote (eboyd)
religious people could have an entire section to discuss their religious views without ridicule

that would def have to be monitored and again with some quidelines, like comments will be removed if they go in there to bash or mess up the section or go off topic.

eboyd Date: Sunday, 06/Dec/09, 4:57 PM | Message # 6

Heads
moved. glad to see you back chinita :)

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Chinita Date: Sunday, 06/Dec/09, 5:23 PM | Message # 7

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
glad to see you back chinita

thanks had such a great time this weekend, always good to be back in my own bed though :) sorry i had to cut you off, i felt really bad, call me now if u want..
we got allot of hits i see and we got new members..thats awesome. i went ahead and still posted that info in the group section until you help me edit it, i'm sure it will get us new members.

eboyd Date: Sunday, 06/Dec/09, 9:58 PM | Message # 8

Heads
Mother fucker!!! Someone please post in this thread! >(

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Adam Date: Sunday, 06/Dec/09, 10:05 PM | Message # 9

B-Girls
I don't think you should take off new messages.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 06/Dec/09, 10:47 PM | Message # 10

Heads
Quote (eboyd)

i think this is an ok idea i just don't know if it will be very active, there's only one time i thought about making a religious thread, but then i was like nah it will just turn into another argument

eboyd Date: Sunday, 06/Dec/09, 11:11 PM | Message # 11

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)
i think this is an ok idea i just don't know if it will be very active, there's only one time i thought about making a religious thread, but then i was like nah it will just turn into another argument

the main reason is because i am talking to Pensmoke about getting on again and trying to recruit some religious, specifically Christian members so that they can have that section to discuss religious topic, possibly even to brainstorm for tracks, and not worry about our radical views, effectively eliminating the bias of this site. also, that way, if any of them decides to come out of their shell and discuss topics with the atheists or others, they are free to do so. and this will not happen if we do not get rid of the New Messages counter. the first thing that everyone sees when they go there are our most prevalent posts and because we have so many strongly anti-religious people here, they are easily some of our most popular.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Monday, 07/Dec/09, 0:54 AM | Message # 12

Heads
i'm just worried coz they might still be tempted to go into anti religious threads and complain or atheists might be tempted to go into the religious threads and start bashing it, like even if an atheist makes an anti religion thread in the non religious section it might still cause tention. as long as they can leave the tention out and just accept that some people believe other things i'm fine with it coz i'd like to get pensmoke back, i think even I_Guy said he didn't want to see him go

btw Trigger said we can have any of his tracks we like, i asked if we could get the track he did with Pensmoke just to get Pensmoke on the mixtape, but then i guess we'd still have to ask Pensmoke coz i remember him saying in a vid he didn't like the swearing from Trigger in the track and the Scarface sample, since he's a christian emcee, but then he still let Trigger use it for his Donuts and Knowledge mixtape

eboyd Date: Monday, 07/Dec/09, 1:45 AM | Message # 13

Heads
That's why we have moderators :)

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

I_Guy Date: Monday, 07/Dec/09, 3:53 PM | Message # 14

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)
i'm just worried coz they might still be tempted to go into anti religious threads and complain or atheists might be tempted to go into the religious threads and start bashing it, like even if an atheist makes an anti religion thread in the non religious section it might still cause tention.

If they go into each other's section then it is at their own risk. They can't possibly claim to be offended because it would be their decision for stepping in. It will then put the responsibility on the member, not the site.

So when shall we do this?

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
TheWatcher Date: Monday, 07/Dec/09, 6:04 PM | Message # 15

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
That's why we have moderators

Our moderators are atheists, I demand you make myself, Pensmoke and Emseed the Arch Bishops of RHHF! On a more serious note: This doesn't sound like a bad idea at all.

Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » Forum Restructuring
Search: