New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: El_Matador, ThaScience  
Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » Site Promotion Through Members' Social Networks
Site Promotion Through Members' Social Networks
eboyd Date: Tuesday, 26/Apr/11, 9:53 PM | Message # 1

Heads
We have a lot of promotion that needs to get done with very few people actually doing promotion. The only way promotion will actually get accomplished is if everyone does it. Shouts out to Chinita who is doing most of the little promoting that gets done as well as EmSeeD and TheHipHopSpot. All it takes is properly utilizing social networks. Most people on here have Facebook and YouTube accounts. It's quite simple: you add RHHF to your top friends, become a fan, check to see if there's anything we are promoting and share it with your extended social network, etc. If it's on YouTube, every time you upload a video, post the RHHF logo in the video somewhere. Also, frequently blast our URL out there to different people. If you have any questions as to different things you can do, contact me or Chinita or ask in this thread.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ilikebacon3000 Date: Tuesday, 26/Apr/11, 10:07 PM | Message # 2

Emcees
But there is so much posted (at least last time I checked on the FB page) that it would annoy the fuck out of people if I reposted alot of shit you know?

I'm not on Twitter

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
eboyd Date: Tuesday, 26/Apr/11, 10:42 PM | Message # 3

Heads
many of my friends post a lot on Facebook and it never bothers me. besides, you don't need to share every post that comes your way, just select a few posts a day and share them. that will be sufficient.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Wednesday, 27/Apr/11, 3:38 AM | Message # 4

Heads
should this be in the og section instead? idk if its a good look for visitors to see this

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 27/Apr/11, 11:05 AM | Message # 5

Heads
why??? we're trying to get our regular members to promote the site through their social networks. if they don't see it how are they gonna know??

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Lord_Meth Date: Wednesday, 27/Apr/11, 3:01 PM | Message # 6

Heads
Yea, I agree with that.

Sick With It
Adam Date: Wednesday, 27/Apr/11, 4:06 PM | Message # 7

B-Girls
... but... this is like annoying to some people.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
ilikebacon3000 Date: Wednesday, 27/Apr/11, 10:14 PM | Message # 8

Emcees
^yep. there are better ways to advertise than blowing ourselves up through a social network.
hell most of the people I know IRL or on facebook wouldn't be interested.
it wouldn't reach our target demographic. we need a way of really finding a way to hit a certain demographic, and spamming news feeds isn't going to do it. all it's gonna do is annoy people and more than half the time i see a link on FB, i don't even check it.

Adam Date: Wednesday, 27/Apr/11, 10:32 PM | Message # 9

B-Girls
^agreed.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 27/Apr/11, 10:45 PM | Message # 10

Heads
dude, just do it. maybe you don't, but other people do. believe me, most of our new membership has been gained that way. we have 4000+ followers on facebook. this is because of the promotion we do on our social networks.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Thursday, 28/Apr/11, 4:02 PM | Message # 11

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
dude, just do it. maybe you don't, but other people do. believe me, most of our new membership has been gained that way. we have 4000+ followers on facebook. this is because of the promotion we do on our social networks.

jes

ilikebacon3000 Date: Thursday, 28/Apr/11, 11:55 PM | Message # 12

Emcees
but how many of those people do you see affiliated with RHHF, or doing anything with us? virtually none.

ilikebacon3000 Date: Thursday, 28/Apr/11, 11:55 PM | Message # 13

Emcees
and I mean yeah, we have alot of artists submitting shit but how many of them come post on the forums and shit?

eboyd Date: Friday, 29/Apr/11, 2:34 AM | Message # 14

Heads
who cares? the word gets around and those people do plenty of things with us. that's how we got MarXman's attention and now he and Even Steven are affiliating with us. they have an FM radio station in Pennsylvania and they've been pushing our site on every episode of their show as well as playing my music. and even people that don't have such outlets can get our name out there through word of mouth, and simply gaining a fanbase is helpful, especially to our artists and the artists we advertise.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Friday, 29/Apr/11, 5:47 AM | Message # 15

Heads
the more promotion we get the better, and the better it will be for the future, even in terms of rapping if it ever takes off, its like a favour for a favour, we put their submission up and they spread our site around to all their contacts, it can only get better and better from there. we actually have a lot of submissions in the email too, and i need some help going through them, they'll be label "submission" in the title, before you put them up you just have to make sure the song doesn't suck first

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » Site Promotion Through Members' Social Networks
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: