[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: El_Matador, ThaScience  
Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » A Message From VIGALANTEE (to RHHF)
A Message From VIGALANTEE
eboyd Date: Tuesday, 25/Oct/11, 3:14 AM | Message # 1

Heads
here's a message Vig left on Facebook:

"word to the rhh4f,in order to bring change to the culture,we must uplift the culture,and support the underground of the culture,that's how you make a difference if not we are just fans with no real power but to cheer and reflect on the past and steady ignore the present,there are a lot of gifted talent on this page we simply ignore,a like here and a like there but no real push by 8,000 peeps who could shake Goliath with 8,000 sling shots of change and respect for the culture,the difference is the music we bash have more unity from their fans where it counts,they buy and push that music,we sit and criticize them but we don't ride for the artist that we claim we respect????? agent x one of the creators of this page have a cd out,where's the love??? i was here when this site started and our vision was to promote hip-hip and la chinta doe's it h.a.m but the fans or lover of the culture don't,hell even when rhh4ever had a mix tape how many downloaded a free mix tape,certainly not 8,000????? or when trigger dropped how many??? to all the emcee's keep grinding and reminding! saying you love hip-hop is great,but supporting real hip-hop is the greatest way to make change! one-love not bitter just better "vigalantee""

http://www.facebook.com/message....lSA7bOw

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Greeny Date: Tuesday, 25/Oct/11, 4:00 AM | Message # 2

OGs
The facebook group's got 8000 followers? :O

:)
eboyd Date: Tuesday, 25/Oct/11, 4:05 AM | Message # 3

Heads
yes it does!

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 25/Oct/11, 4:06 AM | Message # 4

Heads
we're affiliated with Temple of Hiphop and Guerrilla Republik

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Tuesday, 25/Oct/11, 4:12 AM | Message # 5

Heads
I definitely feel like we need more unity and need to support each other more, i also think we need to stop bashing people so much about different music tastes, coz this is causing disunity here, I understand we're promoting real hip hop, but even some rappers that are borderline, or are ok rappers, people who like them are getting bashed for that too. It went the other way too, there were people on here hating on what they calling 'traditional' hip hop, basically being trolls about it, but I have a feeling the hating on that won't be happening anymore ;)

but yes, we have so much more potential that we could be doing, there are things that i can do and things that i simply can't, like Reviews and Interviews for example, I would be doing that but the fact is I'm a shit writer, I don't want to embarrass this site by putting out a poorly written review or interview. But I know there are good writers here like you eboyd or menace, there are always opportunities for interviews or reviews but noone wants to do it. I know every active member on this forum is here because they all care about the forum, but when it comes to other things like the main page, i feel like its really only me and chinita, and the other admins like raprevival who contribute heavily to the facebook page, and they're the only reason that page is doing well.

man just look at the two comments this guy brandon posted on the facebook page just 1 hours ago

the rhhf mixtape has over 200 downloads on the bandcamp site, this is considering the mixtape was originally put up on another mediashare site so its probably even more than that, the full mixtape was downloaded 100 times on the bandcamp site alone. I consider that to be a lot, I don't expect 8000 people to download it straight away, especially when that mixtape was released when there were only about 3000 likes on that page, and imo the mixtape is pretty average anyway, so i consider over 200 downloads a lot for what it is

I think Agent X's album does need more support too, if you have the money, just to show we all got each others backs, I'm looking at the stats for that on bandcamp, and only 1 person bought the full album on bandcamp, others did buy individual tracks from it though.

But I'm gonna try to step up my game

Quote (Greeny)
The facebook group's got 8000 followers? :O

8000 likes on the fan page, not the group, thats different

Quote (eboyd)
we're affiliated with Temple of Hiphop and Guerrilla Republik

i'm really excited about this

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
eboyd Date: Tuesday, 25/Oct/11, 4:32 AM | Message # 6

Heads
no doubt man. your input is appreciated and well put. as for interviews and contributing to the main page, you know i used to do it all the time man. for one, i don't have the time to do it anymore. i'm never home. most of the time when i'm on it's on my cell phone which has been shit lately, plus i can't access the mod/admin options from my phone on the main page, and even if i could, i don't have time to check the emails and contribute. i had to stop getting the emails by phone from the RHHF hotmail account because it was disrupting you and Chi from knowing what was new and what wasn't.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Chinita Date: Thursday, 27/Oct/11, 11:58 PM | Message # 7

Heads
oh mark, thats me running the page, i post on there alone and its fun lol but raprevival post when they have the session on sats......the page is doing well, i keep it running smoothly by posting updates and keeping it active with old school nights, ladies nights, funk days, posting events, albums for our affiliates ect..many love that page..and its growing because i promote the hell out of it...and work hard on that page on top of the mainpage.....now as for what vig..said, he does not know what goes on..that message is based on his music..people are picky and buy what they like... i've have gotten compliments on the page of people that said they have learned of new artists, new producers, have purchased music on itunes because of things i post and our underground list..its growing and getting better...we cant help it if some people might not like vigalantees style..you cant make people like or buy something they dont feel..

which btw brother iz of guerrilla republik signed up to the site today..he does not have time to join us in the forum but he will be posting on the main page when he can and when he learns a bit more......he added his first post today, i just had to fix the image.......i went through some steps with him on the phone..so please be on the look out for any added posts on the mainpage that have to be approved by us....

i also agree about the interviews and reviews, i'm in the same boat as mark, if i could do it..i would but i stink at writing....

eboyd Date: Friday, 28/Oct/11, 4:34 AM | Message # 8

Heads
Chi, he wasn't even referring to himself. that was based on a phone convo we had. i know for a fact people here and on fb are feeling my style, yet i've sold more copies to the kids at the school i coach than i have to people on here. in fact it's a lot more. i've sold 2 copies online period. one was to Mark and the other to Meth. i am grateful as hell for those two sales, but that $10 isn't even going to make it to me. i need to make a lot more money to even see any of it.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Friday, 28/Oct/11, 6:05 AM | Message # 9

Heads
so did vigilantee buy one?

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Chinita Date: Friday, 28/Oct/11, 10:07 AM | Message # 10

Heads
ok cool..what i mean is the underground hip hop world are picky as hell lol ..we deff need more unity, people need to stop being lazy and help more but what i'm saying is..you cant force them to like or buy an album they dont feel..for instance many were not feeling jedi mind tricks new album and didnt buy it....infact they dogged them out on their page.....but on the other hand immortal techs new album is making a killer....i know many like your tracks..thats what its about, building a fan base that like your style music. btw erik you got a good response on your tracks from people on the page and i love the video....now that you made the fan page i can tag you and slowly you will build up more fans :)

eboyd Date: Friday, 28/Oct/11, 12:58 PM | Message # 11

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)
so did vigilantee buy one?

he's been promoting his own album that just dropped and spending his hard earned money on that project, but he promised that as soon as he has the money to do so he will.

Quote (Chinita)
ok cool..what i mean is the underground hip hop world are picky as hell lol ..we deff need more unity, people need to stop being lazy and help more but what i'm saying is..you cant force them to like or buy an album they dont feel..for instance many were not feeling jedi mind tricks new album and didnt buy it....infact they dogged them out on their page.....but on the other hand immortal techs new album is making a killer....i know many like your tracks..thats what its about, building a fan base that like your style music. btw erik you got a good response on your tracks from people on the page and i love the video....now that you made the fan page i can tag you and slowly you will build up more fans :)

for sure. that's fantastic that they liked it but guess how many decided to buy it..... that's right, none. out of everyone who is feeling my music, i have had 2 people buy it online. that's why the style of hip hop we're into is fucking stagnant while the garbage at the top remains supreme. i can understand not supporting an album that sucks, but when it's clear that a lot of people are feeling the music there is no excuse for not buying it. if you want dope music you need to support it!!!

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Chinita Date: Saturday, 29/Oct/11, 10:00 AM | Message # 12

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
if you want dope music you need to support it!!!

Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » A Message From VIGALANTEE (to RHHF)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: