[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: El_Matador, ThaScience  
Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » -Reality Check: Are You For Real About This Shit Or Not?!?!-
-Reality Check: Are You For Real About This Shit Or Not?!?!-
eboyd_ Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 2:13 AM | Message # 1

Removed
i wrote this on YT:

http://www.youtube.com/groups_....mzSCroo

those of you who have been here from the beginning know why we started this group and movement. our movement is not about bickering and complaining about the fake bullshit on the radio or even ignoring that shit and sharing good music. this movement is about ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING! TAKING ACTION! our goal is to balance the airwaves, but we aren't going to do so without ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING! sure, things are changing for the better slowly and we may have a hand in that, but do you seriously think we are making that much of a difference sitting here behind our computers? do you want to be remembered as someone who was a part of some little tiny movement that only a few people who were involved remember or do you want to be the hand that writes the history books? i don't know about you, but i want that for myself. it agitates me that i helped start this movement and i am the only person taking it this seriously. we are going on 2 years and we are 300+ strong and only about 20 of us are actually somewhat active and an even smaller amount (i can count on my hands) are actually doing things for this movement other than have friendly convo. now, with that all off my chest, there are so many things we can do, but instead we spend all our time discussing if Artist 1 is better than Artist 2 or what is the funniest video on YT. isn't that the same monotony and apathy we are fighting against? it's cool to have those, but when important threads get ignored routinely, how do we expect to grow? i have people telling me "chill. this stuff takes time." well maybe so, but it takes time and EFFORT, which is something we are NOT giving. let's take some initiative and get things done. we should be exchanging email addresses, phone numbers, people who live nearby should try to meet up and talk about the movement, we should start scheduling protests, rallies, etc. well, i hope at least 5 people read this and truly get something from this.

oh, and lastly, we need to try our hardest to get ALL of our members involved. we have 300+ members as i stated before. we need to have 300+ members who we know. artists, get together and make music, send it to the big corporations, etc., make phone calls to radio stations and/or go to their stations and demand that they play some alternative hip hop, etc., etc. there are so many things you can do!

eboyd_ Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 5:04 PM | Message # 16

Removed
To get more active members we need to do things like Menace mentioned, but we do need to do things in order. Here's the list (chinita's was just a sample):

1. Run the site more efficiently
2. Build the new site
3. Create the brochures
4. Finish the anthem
5. Finish the political track
6. Finish the mixtape
7. Create merchandise to sell in person, on MySpace and the site
8. (Not sure yet. Any additions go here and after this)

Chinita Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 5:17 PM | Message # 17

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
2. Build the new site
3. Create the brochures
4. Finish the anthem
5. Finish the political track
6. Finish the mixtape
7. Create merchandise to sell in person, on MySpace and the site

great list to start erik, there we go and we can start deleting things off as they get done, this way we will feel that things are getting done.

another thing we can add is find some others to help, i see others were offering in the group, maybe they can help with soemthing in here like running it more effficiently or other things on that list or or making some videos to promote the site and pass it on in youtube if nothing else some members can do that and all they need is windows movie makers etc. just examples or finding more help can fall into running this site more efficiently until we move.

Acekat00o Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 5:37 PM | Message # 18

Heads
we can create stickers and put them througout our cityes

Graffiti
I_Guy Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 5:38 PM | Message # 19

Heads
Quote (Acekat00o)
we can create stickers and put them througout our cityes

I like that. It's easy and simple.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
eboyd_ Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 5:41 PM | Message # 20

Removed
A slight adjustment:

2. Create merchandise to sell in person, on MySpace and the site
3. Build the new site
4. Create the brochures
5. Finish the anthem
6. Finish the political track
7. Finish the mixtape

EmSeeD Date: Friday, 09/Jan/09, 5:02 AM | Message # 21

Heads
Quote (Menace)
well i am breaking my balls and i don't see that much feedback on things i want a model for a flyer (pamphlet) so i can print out and keep them on me so in case i see someone and i want them to check our site and such plus i am working on creating a t-shirt whit the logo and the link whit what power i have i am tryin to do my best

how are you gonna get the t-shirts made?

btw about the recording, i just need to get one of those audio interface things.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
eboyd Date: Friday, 09/Jan/09, 5:06 AM | Message # 22

Heads
Menace said he'll handle it. gotta wait for him.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Saturday, 10/Jan/09, 0:34 AM | Message # 23

Heads
i know, i just wanna know how he's gonna get them made

eboyd Date: Saturday, 10/Jan/09, 0:48 AM | Message # 24

Heads
Well, send him a message to ask.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Chinita Date: Saturday, 10/Jan/09, 1:09 AM | Message # 25

Heads
Quote (EmSeed)
i know, i just wanna know how he's gonna get them made

i'm sure he'll let us know when he comes in sweety, i don't know either.

ill Date: Tuesday, 13/Jan/09, 3:46 PM | Message # 26

Emcees
happy to help here

The World Is Yours
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 14/Jan/09, 0:43 AM | Message # 27

Heads
cool. stay posted and if there's anything we would like to ask you to do we will ask ASAP.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Em-See'D Date: Thursday, 15/Jan/09, 11:20 PM | Message # 28

Watchers
Hey guys i think my neighbours caught on coz now i cnt get on the net. Maybe only once a week now. But i wil stil do what i can.
eboyd Date: Thursday, 15/Jan/09, 11:28 PM | Message # 29

Heads
How much longer are you at your grandparents' house for?

And did you get my email?

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Saturday, 17/Jan/09, 5:34 PM | Message # 30

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
How much longer are you at your grandparents' house for?

And did you get my email?

till the end of march. i'll be on here on the pc every saturday and sunday, i can sometimes get on with my cellphone like i did to write that message up there but my cellphone is cheap and it takes ages to see everything and go through the threads on this site.

Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » -Reality Check: Are You For Real About This Shit Or Not?!?!-
Search: