[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: El_Matador, ThaScience  
Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » -Reality Check: Are You For Real About This Shit Or Not?!?!-
-Reality Check: Are You For Real About This Shit Or Not?!?!-
eboyd_ Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 2:13 AM | Message # 1

Removed
i wrote this on YT:

http://www.youtube.com/groups_....mzSCroo

those of you who have been here from the beginning know why we started this group and movement. our movement is not about bickering and complaining about the fake bullshit on the radio or even ignoring that shit and sharing good music. this movement is about ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING! TAKING ACTION! our goal is to balance the airwaves, but we aren't going to do so without ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING! sure, things are changing for the better slowly and we may have a hand in that, but do you seriously think we are making that much of a difference sitting here behind our computers? do you want to be remembered as someone who was a part of some little tiny movement that only a few people who were involved remember or do you want to be the hand that writes the history books? i don't know about you, but i want that for myself. it agitates me that i helped start this movement and i am the only person taking it this seriously. we are going on 2 years and we are 300+ strong and only about 20 of us are actually somewhat active and an even smaller amount (i can count on my hands) are actually doing things for this movement other than have friendly convo. now, with that all off my chest, there are so many things we can do, but instead we spend all our time discussing if Artist 1 is better than Artist 2 or what is the funniest video on YT. isn't that the same monotony and apathy we are fighting against? it's cool to have those, but when important threads get ignored routinely, how do we expect to grow? i have people telling me "chill. this stuff takes time." well maybe so, but it takes time and EFFORT, which is something we are NOT giving. let's take some initiative and get things done. we should be exchanging email addresses, phone numbers, people who live nearby should try to meet up and talk about the movement, we should start scheduling protests, rallies, etc. well, i hope at least 5 people read this and truly get something from this.

oh, and lastly, we need to try our hardest to get ALL of our members involved. we have 300+ members as i stated before. we need to have 300+ members who we know. artists, get together and make music, send it to the big corporations, etc., make phone calls to radio stations and/or go to their stations and demand that they play some alternative hip hop, etc., etc. there are so many things you can do!

I_Guy Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 2:29 AM | Message # 2

Heads
I've thought about this the whole time. Finally, someone speaks about it. ok

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
eboyd_ Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 2:35 AM | Message # 3

Removed
i've been working hard for a while and i actually did speak out a little in the beginning, but i quieted down because people said "chill, we're new." well, that excuse is now invalid. man, you and i need to exchange emails and phone numbers and start working closely together. we need to start making music and brainstorming together bro. email me here and we will exchange phone numbers, is that cool?:

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

I_Guy Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 2:37 AM | Message # 4

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
is that cool?

That's definitely cool. Get Emseed on this too. He's down for anything when it comes to this.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
eboyd_ Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 2:40 AM | Message # 5

Removed
yeah, i know he is. he's apparently away for the weekend though. send me an email ASAP, maybe even now if you can, and i will send you my cell # in response.
Chinita Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 2:55 AM | Message # 6

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
yeah, i know he is. he's apparently away for the weekend though. send me an email ASAP, maybe even now if you can, and i will send you my cell # in response.

yea he is away for the weekend, i talked to emseed earlier..well i am glad u said something erik, u see i poseted the same thing when i was angry but no one responded to mine when i said do something about it.. ah well but we need to get more organized work on one thing then another, we need to stop jumping around like first the anthem, what happend to that? now the new site comeing up, we need to get prioritys straight, see what needs to be done in an order and get people working on that one job and stick to it. we are going around in circles, make a to do list and work on that.

just an example
to do list:

1.bulding the new site
2. layouts, plans
3.rhhf anthem
4. mixed tape
5 t-shirt/hats, promotional items
6.advertising/promoting
7.marketing plan etc.
8.myspace
9.channel
10 contacting stations and other contacts
etc..just examples of a list, please come up wth ideas then we can add it to the list prioritys or simple things first..or common sense
then slowly cross things off the list, that way you can see that things are getting done.

like know if we work on a new site most of what we are doing here now will lost or we have to kind of start over also..

I_Guy Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 2:55 AM | Message # 7

Heads
I'm goint to try to get at a local guy named Stik Figa. He's doing it pretty big in my city. Also another guy named St8 Jakket (Stik's good friend). They are really the only two who are representing real hip hop. I know Stik through my sister's exboyfriend. Stik's a pretty humble guy. But I'm going to try to contact him and see if he'll help us out at all, as far as the local radio stations go.

Stik Figa

Str8Jakkett

Message edited by I_Guy - Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 3:02 AM
eboyd_ Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 3:01 AM | Message # 8

Removed
sounds good. yes, i agree chinita. in fact, just a minute.
Chinita Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 3:10 AM | Message # 9

Heads
u see sometimes people do things better when they go by a list as a group, a step by step plan, we are spinning and no one knows what to do next. we need more organization. if we know what we are working on next, we'll stick to that until that gets done then hit the next project etc, now if we had alot more people we can assigned tasks but we are small so we can try and work on this list as a group depending on what the next project is. we can also asigned some to be in charge of a project or if not together which ever is easier for us for instance the anthem.. maybe meth or ntg can take control of that or emseed but emseed has been doing alot to also promote/advertise the group and site just like i have, promoting is very important or we won't have anyone, we have made changes to our youtube channels promoting the site. i see him working really hard to do that, he's posted links in the site, he has fixed up the youtube channel and things like that make a big difference, we have been working on things even together and discussing things. we also added the rhhf artists on myspace from siwoots playlists, the myspace believe it or not is very important right now because it comes up first in searches so people will see that first, so i've fixed it all up and i am keeping track of it. there are many producers trying to reach us and beat makers that i will talk to about joining our site... anyway some do need to step it up a bit.

Chinita Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 3:31 AM | Message # 10

Heads
Quote (I_Guy)
Stik Figa

those guys are nice, i like that stik figa video..

Acekat00o Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 1:51 PM | Message # 11

Heads
ive never been to the myspace group ,dont even have an account ,btw if this helps, i've taged www.realhiphopforever.com on an abadoned building biggrin

Graffiti
Menace Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 2:03 PM | Message # 12

Heads
well i am breaking my balls and i don't see that much feedback on things i want a model for a flyer (pamphlet) so i can print out and keep them on me so in case i see someone and i want them to check our site and such plus i am working on creating a t-shirt whit the logo and the link whit what power i have i am tryin to do my best

eboyd_ Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 4:29 PM | Message # 13

Removed
Those are GREAT ideas! I will have to write something up for you to put in the pamphlet.
Menace Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 4:31 PM | Message # 14

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
Those are GREAT ideas! I will have to write something up for you to put in the pamphlet.

cool we need a design for it too i heard there are online engines that lets u create such things but still i think i will ask Emseed for help on this

NtG Date: Saturday, 03/Jan/09, 4:34 PM | Message # 15

Heads
we need more active members first of all, and then we need to knock shit of chinitas list one by one.

[deleted]
Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » -Reality Check: Are You For Real About This Shit Or Not?!?!-
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: