[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: Aristotle, s0dr2, ThaScience  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Nas - "Untitled" ((How real is it?))
Nas - "Untitled"
How real is it?
1. 100-90% [ 6 ] [28.57%]
2. 89-80% [ 7 ] [33.33%]
3. 79-70% [ 4 ] [19.05%]
4. 69-60% [ 3 ] [14.29%]
5. 59-50% [ 0 ] [0.00%]
6. 49-40% [ 0 ] [0.00%]
7. 39-30% [ 0 ] [0.00%]
8. 29-20% [ 0 ] [0.00%]
9. 19-10% [ 0 ] [0.00%]
10. 9-0% [ 1 ] [4.76%]
Answers total: 21
EmSeeD Date: Wednesday, 26/Nov/08, 2:37 AM | Message # 16

Heads
Quote (Montana213)
i say about 93% because i found that it was my favotie album of his since illmatic and its a great album

Quote (Blaze)
95%....
that gayme and chris brown track was a shame

Quote (Meth)
Flow: 92%
Lyrics: 100%
Production: 85%
X-Factor: 92%
Overall: 92%

Quote (PNobleDaLyricist)
95% imo

Quote (eboyd)
now Meth, can you please fix the votes? isn't that a bit unfair? i think you were the only person who gave it a 100%.

really? you think meth was the only one who gave it 100-90?

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
eboyd_ Date: Wednesday, 26/Nov/08, 2:44 AM | Message # 17

Removed
OK, either way it wasn't 10 people. besides, last time i checked there were only 1 or 2 votes for it and 4 for 89-80%. it suddenly jumped in 1 day. that didn't happen without cheating. either way, you guys will see, that shit, in the long run, will be considered an average album.
ThaScience Date: Thursday, 27/Nov/08, 8:49 PM | Message # 18

OGs
89%... but only cos the stuff I wanted to hear hes already done. biggrin

Montana213 Date: Friday, 28/Nov/08, 1:13 AM | Message # 19

Emcees
yo whos ThaScience,

Can't turn back my eyes on the prize
I got nothing to lose
everybody gotta die
say good-bye to the bad guy

Deadly-Sin Date: Friday, 28/Nov/08, 4:21 PM | Message # 20

Removed
I gave it 69-60% on the pure fact! Nas is way
to overrated if he wasnt as overrated as he is
id give up a higher score, the album was alright
iv heard way better tho, i didnt like the beats to some
of the tracks tho.
Menace Date: Friday, 28/Nov/08, 4:25 PM | Message # 21

Heads
Quote (Kriptah-Knite)
of the tracks tho.

69-60 just for that ?? thats stupid man sorry thats just idiotic i mean he is overrated yes u take 10% for that but thats to much sorry u are very rude and arrogant here man

Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 29/Nov/08, 2:00 PM | Message # 22

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
OK, either way it wasn't 10 people. besides, last time i checked there were only 1 or 2 votes for it and 4 for 89-80%. it suddenly jumped in 1 day. that didn't happen without cheating. either way, you guys will see, that shit, in the long run, will be considered an average album.

I swear on everything I aint change the votes E
I have no clue who changed them

Sick With It
eboyd_ Date: Saturday, 29/Nov/08, 4:49 PM | Message # 23

Removed
OK. well, they are back now so it is all good.
EmSeeD Date: Saturday, 29/Nov/08, 5:07 PM | Message # 24

Heads
Quote (Kriptah-Knite)
of the tracks tho.

yeah a lot of the beats suck, surely nas could afford some decent producers on there, why doesn't he do stuff with premo anymore? but the album is really a chill laid back album, i actually like it and because of the message i reckon its gonna be called a classic in the future, the album grows on you after a few listens

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 29/Nov/08, 5:12 PM | Message # 25

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
it was good, but come on, y'all are making it out to be a classic and it just isn't. sure, the meaning behind it, the impact, blah blah, but that doesn't make a great album. let me put it this way, is this a great poem?:
the government is trying to screw us
don't let America fuck you up
they have spies at your house
don't let them control you
the media sucks
the economy blows
they're useless like whales with no blowholes
as you can see, that poem has a great message, but it was put together in such a terrible manner that the message doesn't do a thing to improve it. it just stinks. now Nas' album isn't so seriously lackluster, but it definitely needs a decent amount of improvement.

there I can agree with u on but were not listening to the album as it written on paper and just reading the lyrics
We hearing it being performed and with an actual flow and even if Nas's lyrics were like that on the album his flow made the lyrics fall into order

Sick With It
eboyd_ Date: Saturday, 29/Nov/08, 5:28 PM | Message # 26

Removed
no, that has nothing to do with what i said. i wasn't making a statement about the lyrics at all. the lyrics (minus those on "Fried Chicken") were great. i was making a comment on the project overall. if anything, the lyrics would have made it classic, but his flow is off and minus the beats on "Fried Chicken," "Queens Get The Money," "Sly Fox," and maybe "Project Roach" the beats on this album range between "lackluster" and "awful".
Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 29/Nov/08, 5:34 PM | Message # 27

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
no, that has nothing to do with what i said. i wasn't making a statement about the lyrics at all. the lyrics (minus those on "Fried Chicken") were great. i was making a comment on the project overall. if anything, the lyrics would have made it classic, but his flow is off and minus the beats on "Fried Chicken," "Queens Get The Money," "Sly Fox," and maybe "Project Roach" the beats on this album range between "lackluster" and "awful".

LMAO!!!!!!!
I mean to me the beats were likable I mean they werent Illmatic's DJ Premo's or It Was Written or Hip Hop Is Dead but I mean I could sit there and listen to them and knock my head to em

Sick With It
eboyd_ Date: Saturday, 29/Nov/08, 5:41 PM | Message # 28

Removed
so you are going to sit there and tell me you liked the beat to "Make The World Go Round" and that "Hero" had a beat that was top 100 worthy? and all of the other beats were so good that they make this album a classic and Nas' second best effort?
Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 29/Nov/08, 5:46 PM | Message # 29

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
so you are going to sit there and tell me you liked the beat to "Make The World Go Round" and that "Hero" had a beat that was top 100 worthy? and all of the other beats were so good that they make this album a classic and Nas' second best effort?

I aint say all of that, btw I liked the beat to Hero but like I said the beats were LIKABLE not classic beats,

to me the beats didnt have to make the album a classic, the lyrics and message were enough to make the album a classic in my opinion

Sick With It
eboyd_ Date: Saturday, 29/Nov/08, 5:55 PM | Message # 30

Removed
it is music, not poetry, as you said before. if it were spoken word poetry then this would be a classic album, but it wasn't. it was a hip hop album. hip hop music is about both the music and the lyrics. if both aren't on point then the album isn't going to be a classic. sure, it may be good, but classic? no. i liked the album too, but it is far from a classic by any standards. it may be a classic in your eyes and that is fine because that is your opinion, but overall the album just isn't classic. the classics/borderline classics that came out this year, by unanimous consent, are as follows:

-Invincible - Shapeshifters
-Elzhi - The Preface
-EMC - The Show
-The Roots - Rising Down
-Metaform - Standing on the Shoulders of Giants
-Clutchy Hopkins - Walking Backwards
-Madvillain - Madvillainy 2: The Remix
-Q-Tip - The Renaissance

and maybe a few others. those are the ones that i've heard of being called classics that came out this year.

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Nas - "Untitled" ((How real is it?))
Search: