[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: Aristotle, s0dr2, ThaScience  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Common - "Like Water For Chocolate"
Common - "Like Water For Chocolate"
How real is it?
1. 100% - 91% [ 7 ] [63.64%]
2. 90% - 81% [ 1 ] [9.09%]
3. 80% - 71% [ 2 ] [18.18%]
4. 70% - 61% [ 0 ] [0.00%]
5. 60 - 51% [ 0 ] [0.00%]
6. 50% - 41% [ 0 ] [0.00%]
7. 40% - 31% [ 1 ] [9.09%]
8. 30% - 21% [ 0 ] [0.00%]
9. 20% - 11% [ 0 ] [0.00%]
10. 10% - 0% [ 0 ] [0.00%]
Answers total: 11
NtG Date: Tuesday, 17/Mar/09, 7:08 PM | Message # 31

Heads
my fav songs were Dooinit, 6th Sense, Cold Blooded and The Light.

[deleted]
Lord_Meth Date: Tuesday, 17/Mar/09, 7:14 PM | Message # 32

Heads
I liked

The Light, Thelonious, The Question, A Film Called Pimp, A song For Assata, Tthe 6th Sense, Payback is a Grnadmother

the whole CD was dope

Sick With It
ill Date: Tuesday, 17/Mar/09, 7:14 PM | Message # 33

Emcees
they sum up the album really, ill listen and nod my head if it comes on but im not like omg i wanna listen to that song, sixth sense is the only one i actualy "listen" too

The World Is Yours
Uncharted Date: Sunday, 22/Mar/09, 2:59 PM | Message # 34

Emcees
this is the most underrated song on LWFC when its a classic

ill Date: Sunday, 22/Mar/09, 3:03 PM | Message # 35

Emcees
^^ yeah thats one of my favourites

The World Is Yours
Lord_Meth Date: Sunday, 22/Mar/09, 3:09 PM | Message # 36

Heads
Quote (Uncharted)
this is the most underrated song on LWFC when its a classic

Quote (ill)
^^ yeah thats one of my favourites

^^^wat Ill said

Sick With It
EmSeeD Date: Friday, 10/Apr/09, 8:51 PM | Message # 37

Heads
Quote (ill)
the light annoys me too, i dunno why. but yeah it just seemed flat, i guess thats kinda his style but still

wha???

i've only gotten The Light and 6th Sense, and they're awesome but it sounds like i need to get the whole album

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Lord_Meth Date: Friday, 10/Apr/09, 8:56 PM | Message # 38

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)
i've only gotten The Light and 6th Sense, and they're awesome but it sounds like i need to get the whole album

your telling me u didnt before?!

Sick With It
ill Date: Friday, 10/Apr/09, 8:57 PM | Message # 39

Emcees
lol funny i was jamming with a mate going through some hip hop classics yesterday and i put this album on, i really dont see the appeal of it, halfway through we were both like, huh? this is gash. i cant see whats the deal with this album maybe 3 songs i would play on it, if that. Em check it out but its not like the light and 6th sense - the album is very different, they stand out from the album in my opinion

The World Is Yours
Lord_Meth Date: Friday, 10/Apr/09, 8:58 PM | Message # 40

Heads
Quote (ill)
lol funny i was jamming with a mate going through some hip hop classics yesterday and i put this album on, i really dont see the appeal of it, halfway through we were both like, huh? this is gash. i cant see whats the deal with this album maybe 3 songs i would play on it, if that. Em check it out but its not like the light and 6th sense - the album is very different, they stand out from the album in my opinion

MEh, in that case u didnt feel it then.......This album is a Hip Hop classic

Sick With It
EmSeeD Date: Friday, 10/Apr/09, 9:51 PM | Message # 41

Heads
Quote (ill)
Em check it out but its not like the light and 6th sense - the album is very different, they stand out from the album in my opinion

yeah that's the reason i never bought the whole album, i just previewed the songs on itunes and those two stood out, plus the fact that i knew premo and j dilla were behind them.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
eboyd Date: Saturday, 11/Apr/09, 2:36 AM | Message # 42

Heads
J Dilla was behind the entire album AND tracks like "Song For Assada," "Ghetto Heaven Pt. 2," "Hot Shit," "Questions," etc. are almost, maybe even just as good as "The Light" and "Sixth Sense." The whole album is AMAZING! The album I don't see the hype of is "Resurrection."

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

SnoopG79 Date: Sunday, 12/Apr/09, 3:05 PM | Message # 43

Beatboxers
Quote (ill)

I kinda find this hard to believe when like eboyd said, Dilla (your favorite producer I believe) was on the boards for most of the album.

Was it Common that you weren't feelin'?

Only god can judge me.
ill Date: Sunday, 12/Apr/09, 4:14 PM | Message # 44

Emcees
word its weird for me too, and im not gonna lie its alot of the beats too, the whole thing just sounded flat

The World Is Yours
eboyd Date: Sunday, 12/Apr/09, 4:21 PM | Message # 45

Heads
It's not flat, just a lot more mellow than most hip hoppers are used to. If you are a hip hop head that doesn't listen to much jazz (idk how it is for you but it sounds that way) then I understand why you would dislike this. This album was a bit roots/jazz/sing songy and I can see how that can be off putting for someone who is used to hard hitting drums and heavy bass rhythms with rhymes that match that.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Common - "Like Water For Chocolate"
Search: