6.49-40%[ 0 ][0.00%]
7.39-30%[ 0 ][0.00%]
8.29-20%[ 0 ][0.00%]
9.19-10%[ 1 ][9.09%]
10.9-0%[ 0 ][0.00%]
Answers total: 11
Render215 Date: Monday, 13/Apr/09, 0:56 AM | Message # 31

Emcees
The Eminem Show is when he started to stop caring... imo..

How can anyone take him seriously anymore? Prancing all over MTV.... I was a really big fan... Then i just got tired of hearing his recycled ass material over and over...

Spitting stagnant writtens as dope freestyle material.... And without Proof as backup... jeez. Eminem. It's over. Bow out gracefully. Gracefully for him is putting on a blonde wig apparently, and making jams for the local bowling alley...

"People said his brain was infected by Devils..."
EmSeeD Date: Monday, 13/Apr/09, 1:30 AM | Message # 32

Heads
there was just too much going on in eminem's life at this point, he was the most famous rapper in the world, he had the sauce magazine on his ass, he had a whole bunch of people beefing with him benzino, fred durst, canibus, icp, Royce Da 5'9", Ja Rule, Suge Knight, Jermain dupri, Whitey Ford, that guy from House of Pain (forgot his name). He was also in rehab plus he went to jail for hitting some guy who was kissing his wife so yeah i can understand how he stopped caring at this point.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Render215 Date: Monday, 13/Apr/09, 3:03 AM | Message # 33

Emcees
censored sake.... Never has so much baggage come along with listening to a record... lol The Eminem Show is seriously on some Geraldo Rivera shit....
Only at points, I wanted to throw a chair at Eminem.. lol

Personally, I think Eminem would be pure fire to this day if he hadn't stuck around with Dre... which is highly debatable..

Imagine how fresh he'd be if he had a skilled DJ/beat maker to tour and create albums with... Even somebody like Blockhead.. Some of the hottest joints i heard from Eminem were when he did songs with a few other people on mixtapes / DJ records.. Anybody agree or disagree? or at least understand where i'm comin from?

eboyd Date: Monday, 13/Apr/09, 3:06 AM | Message # 34

Heads
Quote (Render215)
Blockhead

FUCK YEAH! Blockhead is one of my fav current producers!!! Madlib is #1 for me and Damu The Fudgemunk is #2 and i probably have to give 3 to either Just Blaze or Kanye, but 5 would definitely go to either Blockhead or Prefuse 73!

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Monday, 13/Apr/09, 3:26 AM | Message # 35

Heads
yeah unfortunately Eminem now produces a lot of his own beats which pretty much all his beats suck, dre only did two or maybe three beats on this album eminem did the majority, i hate eminem's beats but i guess he doesn't realise his beats suck lol. But listen to the song Never Enough from eminem's Encore album, dre did that beat and its dope as, but eminem's flow on that song is really shit, 50 cent even out shined him on that song which is embarrassing.

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Monday, 13/Apr/09, 10:59 AM | Message # 36

Emcees
the album was weak...... he knew he already had the fanbase to sell millions and took advantage of it by quickly putting together mediocre album that would make his immature fans laugh and shit and then threw in a couple of descent tracks to try and hush the critics... A rapper of his calibre shouldn't stoop so low...not a good look for hiphop and not a good role model for aspiring rappers...artists have given up on challenging other artist to step their game up which is why real hiphop fans find new shit hard to swallow.... back when hiphop was Amazing you had everyone trying to out do each other lyrically and shit and now everyone just wants to out do each other in the bank

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

Render215 Date: Monday, 13/Apr/09, 3:47 PM | Message # 37

Emcees
Boy, we tell it how it is here.. lol

Lord_Meth Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 6:10 PM | Message # 38

Heads
Quote (Render215)
Personally, I think Eminem would be pure fire to this day if he hadn't stuck around with Dre... which is highly debatable..

listen to Infinite and u have ur answer....isnt as good
Quote (MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue)
the album was weak...... he knew he already had the fanbase to sell millions and took advantage of it by quickly putting together mediocre album that would make his immature fans laugh and shit and then threw in a couple of descent tracks to try and hush the critics... A rapper of his calibre shouldn't stoop so low...not a good look for hiphop and not a good role model for aspiring rappers...artists have given up on challenging other artist to step their game up which is why real hiphop fans find new shit hard to swallow.... back when hiphop was Amazing you had everyone trying to out do each other lyrically and shit and now everyone just wants to out do each other in the bank

quite clear u didnt listen to the album very well if u think its immature, its his most serious and personal album ever!!
SSLP MMLP were immature...but MMLP had some of his best songs of his career on it which happened to be very mature and sophisicated (The Way I Am, Stan)
but even when Eminem is ranting about murder and rape hes still a fucking lyrical monster.

And on each of his albums he continued to get better and change up his style

SSLP = Donned the Slim Shady Era, extreme horrorcore and random acts of violence
MMLP = The same horrorcore style and slim shady, but this times incoperates more material from Boy bands, homosexuals, dissing celebrities
Eminem Show = Leaves the Horrorcore scene behind and steps up to more personal and reality based raps, disses to Canibus, politians, Dupri, and everyone else who hates him, goes on more to explain his relationship with his mother and his father, and more love to his daughter who even makes an appearenace on the album for My Dad's Gone Crazy and on that track he dips back to his old Slim Shady days
Encore = Straight Bullshit
Infinite = A full length demo

Sick With It
EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 16/Apr/09, 5:15 AM | Message # 39

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)
Quote (Render215)

listen to Slim Shady EP, he recorded that before he went with dre, it has a lot of the same songs SSLP has. The majority of the SSLP wasn't produced by dre, dre only did 3 tracks Guilty Conscience (which is good), My Name Is (wack) and Role Model (pretty nice song). The rest of the album would have been made whether or not he was with dre. and if i recall you say SSLP is your 2nd fave album of his.

EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 16/Apr/09, 5:21 AM | Message # 40

Heads
i think where this album really went wrong is that eminem wanted to be on his own beats, most of his beats SUUCCK. plus he changed his voice and flow here so his lyrics don't sound as dope anymore, even if some of his lyrics were just as good as previous albums the delivery just isn't as good.

Render215 Date: Thursday, 16/Apr/09, 5:30 AM | Message # 41

Emcees
Excellent points Emseed... Yeah I did like SSLP a lot... Certain songs of course. I kinda grew with Eminem through High School... SSLP was when i was like a freshman... It was so immature and rugged.. like me. I felt like i could relate to this dude so much... MMLP was progressively better, and so was I.... getting into the right drugz and right ciphers in my Junior and Senior days... Soundbombing 2 was a hit... And Eminem Show dropped when I was taking classes for my Associates degree... Grown Up basically..

Eminem was such a good fit for me bc of the timeline his albums were released compared to my age and maturity... just a thought from me...

I can't relate to his music at all anymore... Perhaps I have outgrown his style.. Or he really does suck. I'll go with he really does suck anymore. lol

eboyd Date: Thursday, 16/Apr/09, 5:44 AM | Message # 42

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)

BULLSHIT! Infinite was FUCKING DOPE! probably his best material!

Quote (Lord_Meth)
Eminem Show = Leaves the Horrorcore scene behind and steps up to more personal and reality based raps, disses to Canibus, politians, Dupri, and everyone else who hates him, goes on more to explain his relationship with his mother and his father, and more love to his daughter who even makes an appearenace on the album for My Dad's Gone Crazy and on that track he dips back to his old Slim Shady days

yeah, but the music was mediocre at best.

Quote (Lord_Meth)
Infinite = A full length demo

HELL NO!!!!!!

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 16/Apr/09, 5:59 AM | Message # 43

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
BULLSHIT! Infinite was FUCKING DOPE! probably his best material!

lyrically yes. but the beats weren't so good,except for Open Mic. But yeah lyrically his best, some don't like it coz Eminem tries to rap like AZ which is fair enough i can understand that, but to me i don't really care about that coz its still dope to me.

Lord_Meth Date: Friday, 17/Apr/09, 10:29 PM | Message # 44

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)
listen to Slim Shady EP, he recorded that before he went with dre, it has a lot of the same songs SSLP has. The majority of the SSLP wasn't produced by dre, dre only did 3 tracks Guilty Conscience (which is good), My Name Is (wack) and Role Model (pretty nice song). The rest of the album would have been made whether or not he was with dre. and if i recall you say SSLP is your 2nd fave album of his.

SSLP is number 1
Eminem Show is 2nd
MMLP is 3rd
Inifinite 4th
Encore 5th
Quote (eboyd)
BULLSHIT! Infinite was FUCKING DOPE! probably his best material

LMAA no Erik, it wasnt
For one it couldnt be cuz he wasnt even "Eminem" yet...if that was Em's best work he wouldve stayed with that style, but he knew he was still developing
Say if I started rapping or watever...and I was rapping like Canibus and I had an album come out, sure I would get good reviews but my style wasnt original so I cant call it my best work cuz Im not even fully developed yet
Quote (eboyd)
yeah, but the music was mediocre at best.

Mediocre........really?
sounds like u just hate Eminem if u think that
Give the album a full and clear listen, trust me thats wat I did and I found Eminem to be incredible
He may not be lyrical as some of the people u dig, but his flow, delivery, lyrics, concepts r fucking dope man
U cant say his flow is wack cuz its just infectous, if u liked Eminem on Renegade by Jay-Z, u would love him on Eminem Show dude real talk
Quote (eboyd)
HELL NO!!!!!!

It wasnt a diss, but it was a full length demo, Infinite was the best track off that CD tho thats his best song pre-Dre
Quote (Render215)
Perhaps I have outgrown his style.. Or he really does suck. I'll go with he really does suck anymore. lol

WAHAHAHA!!!!!
cmon Render, u dont have to be mature or immature to like an artist, thats were the excuse is
U cant outgrow somebody's style LMAO if thats the case Rakim, KRs-One, Kool G Rap r all out dated rappers......not the case
Some people let the talk about an artist being weak get to them
thats how I was with Eminem, I was listening to everyone saying "oh man hes a sell-out blah blah blah hes wack" so I gave him a chance and I was tooken by surprise by how good he was

Sick With It
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Eminem - The Eminem Show
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: