[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Aristotle, s0dr2, ThaScience  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » The D.O.C. - Helter Skelter (creepy, scarry, raspy, other words fucking amazing)
The D.O.C. - Helter Skelter
El_Matador Date: Wednesday, 27/May/09, 9:44 AM | Message # 1

Heads

Helter Skelter was a second album released from The D.O.C.
We all know his debut "No One Can Do It Better" a big hip-hop classic. Helter Skelter is so much different than his debut. It was recorded few years after his car crush where he crushed his larynx and lost his voice. He rappin' here with his damaged, raspy voice, he sounds like a monster (lol)
Helter Skelter is most underrated hip-hop album ever made, cos it is dope as fuck, and to me its better than DOC's debut album. I dont hate on him because sometimes is hard to understand what he rappin about with his creppy voice. Check this album out, you wont fuckin regret.

1. "Intro" (featuring Eddie Griffin)

That intro is a perfect start for album, thats a skit where you can hear DOC's car crush, reanimation and his scream of affright when he discovered that he lost his voice

2. "Return Of Da Livin' Dead"

Spittin' over tweaked up "Its funky enuff" beat. Track is good but obscure horrorcore video is even better

link for the video

3. "From Ruthless 2 Death Row (Do We All Part)"

one of my favourite tracks here. DOC's reminiscing how's things used to be, he regretting some things. beat contains sample from "Isley Brothers - Livin for the love of you". there's no hook in this track, beat is very dope, Erotic D perfectly used that sample from Isley Brothers

4. "Secret Plan" (featuring Jello Biafra)

Creepiest song on the album. Creeping me the fuck out. Lyrics are hard to understand, he talks about future of America and have scarring visions about that

5. "Komurshell (Mo' Hair)" (featuring Erotic D)

Just a skit, nothing special

6. "4 My Doggz"

One of best tracks on the album. Dedicated to his real people, hook is good
"For my doggz who be with me yo keep it tight for your nigga, dont forget me, yo"

7. ".45 Automatic" (featuring Erotic D)

Crazy track, but I dont really feel it

8. "Sonz o' Light" (featuring Erotic D and Mally-G)

Mad creepy track. Lyrics are good, I dont like the hook

9. "Bitchez" (featuring Erotic D)

G-Funk flava, beat is dope as fuck, like it was Dre, lyrics are dope (DOC dissin' people from Death Row and Dre is a main target. That was smart cos he saying no names). Hook is so so

10. "Interlude" Feat. Voodoo Einstien

5 minutes long interlude with heavy metal and DOC screaming somethin in bacground. I didnt like that shit

11. "Da Hereafter" (featuring Erotic D)

Good lyrics, another dope beat. Hook is very good

12. "Erotix Shit" (featuring DFC, Erotic D, MC Breed, Mz. Allan & Mally G)

Bragga on Helter Skelter with psycho beat. Its iight

13. "Welcome To The New World" (featuring Erotic D)

"One time for your mind its meeee - Th-Th-The DOC"
Nothing special, track is just ok, beat is so so, no hook

14. "Killa Instinc" (featuring Erotic D)

Maaaaaad dope shit. DOC dissing OJ Simpson. LOL
Very good psycho beat, DOC spit crazy lyrics

15. "Komurshell" (featuring Voodoo Einstein)

Erotic D raps. Its an introduction to another track

16. "Brand New Formula"

Best track on the album. Dope lyrics, good hook, raw beat with the same sample from Marvin Gaye song. This one is better than original Formula, its more raw.

17. "Outro" (featuring Erotic D)

DOC reading tracklist from the album and he proclaming that he's going to drop more shit

18. Crazy Bitchez" (featuring Erotic D) *BONUS TRACK*

Lyrics from "Bitchez". I dont feel the beat, DOC screaming like a crazy, in the beginning he tried to sound exactly like a Ol Dirty Bastard. I dont like that track. Only hook is good here

MENACE 2 JOKER: Go back to Mexico you damn spic
JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Wednesday, 27/May/09, 10:03 AM | Message # 2

Emcees
This album is classic(to me)..... Used to bump it all the time! - very slept on tho'

...........Gonna go home after work and reminisce on this shit.

Added (27/May/09, 10:03 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Remember this shit man?!?! LOL

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

El_Matador Date: Wednesday, 27/May/09, 10:07 AM | Message # 3

Heads
Quote (MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue)
This album is classic(to me)..... Used to bump it all the time! - very slept on tho'

...........Gonna go home after work and reminisce on this shit.

There's no more underrated album than Helter Skelter, shit is untouchable

Remember this shit man?!?! LOL

Oh yeah, thats Melhex (and mine) theme song when we going to drink biggrin biggrin

JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Wednesday, 27/May/09, 10:46 AM | Message # 4

Emcees
Quote (El_Matador)
Oh yeah, thats Melhex (and mine) theme song when we going to drink

beer biggrin

I hope everyone in here knows how much D.O.C has contributed to the game..... there's alotta young cats in here that might not. The West Coast wouldn't be shit without this man...... Chronic wouldn't exist, Detox wouldn't be in the works, Snoop wouldn't be half of what he was, A lot of N.W.A shit wouldn't have been nearly as good as it was and the list goes on........Tons of the west coast shit you rap a long with was either coached by or written by this man.... LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

El_Matador Date: Wednesday, 27/May/09, 11:26 AM | Message # 5

Heads
NOW THE BOYS IN THE HOOD
SOMETIMES GET HIGH!
BUT I JUST DRINK 8-BALLLLLLS!
BECAUSE IT'S CHEAPER TO BUY!

lol that was crazy XD

I hope everyone in here knows how much D.O.C has contributed to the game..... there's alotta young cats in here that might not. The West Coast wouldn't be shit without this man...... Chronic wouldn't exist, Detox wouldn't be in the works, Snoop wouldn't be half of what he was, A lot of N.W.A shit wouldn't have been nearly as good as it was and the list goes on........Tons of the west coast shit you rap a long with was either coached by or written by this man.... LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!

Word up, D.O.C. built big piece of West Coast hip-hop with his pen. I got D.O.C. on my top 10

El_Matador Date: Wednesday, 27/May/09, 8:25 PM | Message # 6

Heads
Quote (Joker13)
did you ever review a album like this before?

why do u ask?

El_Matador Date: Wednesday, 27/May/09, 9:05 PM | Message # 7

Heads
Quote (Joker13)
cause your good at it and i just did it like this lol

For real? Well, thanks, I appreciate that. Nah, thats my 1st review. I have seen this style of reviews on amazon.com

El_Matador Date: Wednesday, 27/May/09, 9:11 PM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (Joker13)
me and you shall be the reviewing brothers except you eat pussy...

LMFAO! Life's a shorty, we should try everything, even once in the lifetime... even if that was some salmon sandwhich

EmSeeD Date: Wednesday, 27/May/09, 9:15 PM | Message # 9

Heads
i've only heard a few tracks, the production is alright i like the song "From Ruthless To Death Row", its a shame D.O.C.'s voice was like that though, this could have been a good album. But then again some of these songs were supposed to be for Dr. Dre and Ice Cube's album Helta Skelta so i would rather have had that, but D.O.C. had a falling out and took off with the material and put this out.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
I_Guy Date: Thursday, 28/May/09, 0:21 AM | Message # 10

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)
i like the song "From Ruthless To Death Row", its a shame D.O.C.'s voice was like that though, this could have been a good album. But then again some of these songs were supposed to be for Dr. Dre and Ice Cube's album Helta Skelta so i would rather have had that, but D.O.C. had a falling out and took off with the material and put this out.

Yep.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
El_Matador Date: Thursday, 28/May/09, 8:54 AM | Message # 11

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)
i've only heard a few tracks, the production is alright i like the song "From Ruthless To Death Row", its a shame D.O.C.'s voice was like that though, this could have been a good album. But then again some of these songs were supposed to be for Dr. Dre and Ice Cube's album Helta Skelta so i would rather have had that, but D.O.C. had a falling out and took off with the material and put this out.

He took only "Killa Instinc" and "Sonz o' Light" from Helta Skelta material. From unreleased Death Row stuff I'd like to hear "Dr. Dre - The Chronic 2: Papa's Got A Brand New Funk". But The D.O.C. with Erotic D did good job with Helter Skelter

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » The D.O.C. - Helter Skelter (creepy, scarry, raspy, other words fucking amazing)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: