6.49-40[ 0 ][0.00%]
7.39-30[ 0 ][0.00%]
8.29-20[ 0 ][0.00%]
9.19-10[ 1 ][50.00%]
Answers total: 2
Kiba Date: Friday, 24/Oct/08, 1:29 AM | Message # 1

Emcees
I havnt made a thread b4 so i hop this works right tongue

Canibus never went anywhere after the beating he took publicly from the disappointment of his first album, due to its production, Canibus needed to come through with a solid second album to regain his fans confidence. Canibus dumped Wyclef and the results are a much improved and extremely enjoyable album.
The beats on this album are much improved and worthy of having him rhyme on top of them. On his last album the production seemed laid back and too slow. The beats on this album are hard-hitting and faster-paced to keep up with his hardcore speedy delivery. Canibus feels much more at ease on this album.
The first two songs "The C-Quel" and "2000 B.C." show Canibus had'nt lost a step and he brings rapid fire lyrics straight at you. "Life Liquid" is a solid song as Canibus and Journalist have good chemistry together. "Watch Who U Beef Wit" shows the power of Canibus' lyrics as he creates a dark and sinister song. The song everyone was waiting for back then was "I'll Buss 'Em U Punish 'Em" with Rakim. It had been a minute since Rakim made his classic albums, but Rakim keeps up with Canibus' lyrical talent and this is one of the most memorable moments on the album. "Doomsday News" sees Canibus rhyming over a minimalistic beat that really allows Canibus' rhymes to stand out. "Lost @ C" sees Canibus ripping a great Irv Gotti beat as he brags, "I can kick a rhyme longer than your whole album". "Horsementality" is another good song where Canibus flips some clever rhymes and Ras Kass steals the show and even spits in pig-latin. The highlight of the entire of the album is 100 bars where he raps for 5 minutes straight (no chorus)and is just an amazing song.
This album was definitely slept on by fans and magazines as it was what fans always wanted to hear from Canibus. His amazing lyrics over formidable production. The biggest problem with this album is that it is strickly battle raps and doesn't diverse into other subjects. If you're not a big fan of battle raps it can get tiring.
The production is solid and Canibus lyrically gives us a great album. There's no reason to sleep on this one.

Lyrics: 98%
Flow: 90%
Production: 80%
X-Factor: 85%
Overall: 90%

I looked at the moon so full and so bright
And then at the fireplace with its flickering light
And realised why this world will never be right

Message edited by Kiba - Friday, 24/Oct/08, 1:32 AM
Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 25/Oct/08, 3:07 PM | Message # 2

Heads
wow good ass review Kiba!!!!!!!!
U made me really want this album now LMAO once Ill get it Ill give my own *but as clearly detailed as Kiba's* review

Sick With It
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Canibus - "2000 B.C."
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: