Answers total: 13
Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 22/Nov/08, 6:53 PM | Message # 1

Heads

Lyrics: 94%
Flow: 88%
Production: 80%
X-Factor: 95%
Overall: 89%

I dont know wat Nas ate or drank but whatever his inspiration for this album, mustve been phenomenal!!!!!
Nas lets it known to the World and his message is, "Hip Hop IS Dead..." He pours out his frustration with the state of Hip Hop and goes even further.
Nas opens the CD off with a bang with Money Over Bullshit were he brings hard beats with a furious intro verse into his mind. And just when u think the album would slow down he goes into another hit with You Cant Kill Me. Then CArry on Tradition Follows with a deep message about how MCs lost their skills and they need to step it up. He pays a tribute which to some may sound like a diss to ALL of the Hip Hop Legends. Then the song which played on the radio and BET to let them know how Hip Hop was doing...Hip Hop Is Dead...This is probably one of the songs that actually hit a couple hard parts about Hip Hop. Then Who Killed It? may sound like a Sherlock Holmes story but it has a extremely deep and well hidden message in it. And the first reunion with once bitter rivals Jay-Z even makes a guest spot on the album but....even the weight of the two superstars seem to be dragged and strained. And the album from there on out falls into a normal pattern of good songs mixed with great songs.
But Nas seems reinvigorated with Fury and Passion for Hip Hop, which makes this album a definate must have..

Thx Kiba for the inspiration on my reviews

Sick With It
Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Saturday, 22/Nov/08, 6:55 PM | Message # 2

Rappers
"cant forget about you" greatest song on the album!!!

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

TUMBLR CLICK CLICK CLICK!
Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 22/Nov/08, 6:56 PM | Message # 3

Heads
Quote (Blaze)
"cant forget about you" greatest song on the album!!!

I preferred Money Over Bullshit and Let There Be Light

Sick With It
eboyd_ Date: Sunday, 23/Nov/08, 0:24 AM | Message # 4

Removed
Lyrics: 90% Real
Beats: 95% Real
X-Factor: 65% Real
Overall: 83.3% Real

There were some great songs on this album beatwise and lyric wise, and the album had a tremendous impact on the genre, but this album, being a concept album, was poorly executed. Although there were many track in which the concept is truly executed, about half of the tracks don't even follow the theme. Overall a solid album though.

Lord_Meth Date: Sunday, 23/Nov/08, 0:28 AM | Message # 5

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
There were some great songs on this album beatwise and lyric wise, and the album had a tremendous impact on the genre, but this album, being a concept album, was poorly executed. Although there were many track in which the concept is truly executed, about half of the tracks don't even follow the theme. Overall a solid album though.

I agree with some songs didnt have anything to do with the concept of the album and thats wat kinda help it back from being as good as Untitled in my opinion at least

Sick With It
eboyd_ Date: Sunday, 23/Nov/08, 1:32 AM | Message # 6

Removed
i liked it better than "Untitled" musically actually.
Lord_Meth Date: Sunday, 23/Nov/08, 12:46 PM | Message # 7

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
i liked it better than "Untitled" musically actually.

By musically u mean by the beats...? Cuz if so yea I agree with u

Sick With It
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Nas - "Hip Hop Is Dead"
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: