6.49-40[ 0 ][0.00%]
7.39-30[ 0 ][0.00%]
8.29-20[ 0 ][0.00%]
9.19-10[ 0 ][0.00%]
10.9-0[ 0 ][0.00%]
Answers total: 2
EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 10/Oct/10, 10:28 PM | Message # 1

Heads
One of the criticisms Canibus always faces is his beats, well C of Tranquility is definitely a step up in production with the likes of DJ Premier, Jake One and Scram Jones on board. The production is much better than his last album Melatonin Magik. The subject matter has a lot of Sci-Fi themes, like listening to a science fiction movie from the 70's. There's less conspiracy talk on this album too, the songs are mostly about his beliefs about hip hop, in an abstract way he speaks of what he believes hip hop can do for people

Canibus lyrics have definitely stepped up too, the first two tracks he spits fire with rhymes that are focused strictly being lyrical "the super duper uber music conducter producer from the future stuffed tubers with gun powder to improvise bazookers, colder than killer cobras over jehovahs".
On the song Lunar Deluge Canibus successfully combines being lyrical with his abstract sci-fi subject matter, which makes this my favorite song on the album lyrically, however the lyrics were a little hard to understand for me at first, i had to play the last verse over to try and figure out what he was trying to say, at first it sounded like he was just talking some science fiction shit but he's talking about the begginings of hip hop just in an abstract way

My favorite song on this album was Merchant of Metaphors, not because it was lyrical but because how well the beat and sample suited Canibus flow and aggressive style.

my other favorite songs were Golden Terra of Rap produced by DJ Premier, Lunar Deluge & Good Equals Evil

although the beats and lyrics have stepped up, but his rough voice and the thumping beats were a bit hard to listen to at times it hard to listen to him rap about world peace on the song "Free Words", i can't hear about a topic like world peace being shouted at me from rough hardcore delivery. this happened for me again on the song Cingularity Point. Cingularity Point may well have the best beat on the album, but the thing is its a laid back type of bea the beat is a nice change but the problem is Canibus raps over it with his rough hardcore delivery and it doesn't suit the beat at all. There was actually a different version of Cingularity Point which leaked along with other songs a year ago, although that beat wasn't as good as this album version it actually suited Canibus flow a lot more, even though this album version has one of the best beats on the album it just doesn't suit him

Pine Comb Poem has a nice change in beat too, its a more dance type of beat however canibus still doesn't really flow to the beat, instead he does what he does on every song and just spits out the same type of rhymes with the same tempo. again this doesn't suit the beat well at all, this is one of canibus biggest problems throughout his whole career.

Good Equals Evil has another dope relaxed beat. Canibus suits the beat a little more but his rough voice is still a little hard to listen to over such a beat, and i know canibus can rap without that voice because i've heard him do it on songs like Ripperland. it would be a lot easier to hear Canibus use that kind of delivery on laid back beats like these. However the concept of the song Good Equals Evil is still good.

Worthlessness Purpose and Right Now are the closing tracks, and mix a lot better with Canibus style

overall C of Tranquility is a decent album, the rhymes are fire, the beats are mostly dope too, the sci-fi style rhymes may be hard to grasp at first though.

Overall i have i give it 75%

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
EmSeeD Date: Monday, 11/Oct/10, 3:15 AM | Message # 2

Heads
favorite songs

Merchant of Metaphors

Golden Terra of Rap (produced by Premo)

Lunar Deluge

Cinguality Point (just found out there was another version with a different beat that suited it a lot more)

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Lord_Meth Date: Monday, 11/Oct/10, 7:30 PM | Message # 3

Heads
I still haven't DL'ed it yet...

Sick With It
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Canibus - C of Tranquility
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: