New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Welcome New Members » Introduction » What up to all
What up to all
abanks47 Date: Thursday, 29/Oct/09, 2:12 AM | Message # 1

Emcees
whats up yall, just came across this while surfing youtube. been searching for a new forum for a minute, hopefully this be it. I listen to all music, but hip hop is and always will be playing in my head for all eternity. also id like to add hip hop aint dead.
Cats im into:
MF Grimm, blue sky black death, Jedi mind tricks (jus allah solo as well), cunninlynguists, warcloud, prince paul, Wu, nas, Onyx, Mic Geronimo, tons more but those are most off the top

Always open to suggestions

Peace

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

eboyd Date: Thursday, 29/Oct/09, 8:12 AM | Message # 2

Heads
Definitively? Really Joker? Rofl! Welcome to the site abanks. Yeah, I think you will like it here. Also, I hope you are open minded when it comes to political and religious debate because being that there are several political emcees out there (Immortal Technique, Chuck D, both members of Dead Prez, etc.) we tend to have a lot of debate on both topics due to strong inclinations in one direction or another so a lot of us get into a great deal of discussion on that. Currently we have been discussing religion and philosophy so I am just letting you know ahead of time that quite a few of us are atheists/agnostics and we politically align with anarchy, so if you come across a thread or comment that refers to anything that you object to when it comes to your beliefs, please be open minded and rational if and when you come across and decide to reply to it. For example, say you are a Christian and you find somewhere where an atheist is trying to show evidence that God doesn't exist. Just know that he/she probably isn't trying to offend you, and if you do come across something that does happen to offend you, simply tell someone with a golden mic (the people in the Heads group. We are the administrators of the site) and we will take appropriate measures to make sure the thread/comment is moved to the Rant Forum and that person is reprimanded, even if it is a fellow administrator.

Also, if you are an artist, we have a very fun artists and battlers section where you can post your music, graffiti art, b-boy videos, or you can just go to the Cypher and write a quick rhyme to hone in on your skills, or maybe challenge a member of the site to a battle of some sort, be it a text battle, recorded rap, beat battle, graf battle, b-boy battle, or beatbox battle (if you can find someone else who beatboxes and records). We also occasionally have battle tournaments. So if you are interested, go check that out.

Lastly, in order to more sufficiently surf through the threads on this site, if you haven't figured it out on your own already, at the top of the page you will see a link that says "New Messages". Click on it and you will be directed to a page where you have access to all of the threads on the site except those in the Rant Forum.

Again, thanks for joining. We consider each new member an important part in making this a bigger and better movement.

Peace,
Erik Boyd

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Chinita Date: Thursday, 29/Oct/09, 8:43 AM | Message # 3

Heads
welcome abanks

s0dr2 Date: Thursday, 29/Oct/09, 2:25 PM | Message # 4

OGs
Quote (Joker13)
shut the fuck up i did that by accidentthe little red line for firefox came on and i just picked a random word lol

Accidenthe? Really Joker? Rofl!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Chinita Date: Thursday, 29/Oct/09, 2:45 PM | Message # 5

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
Accidenthe

lol

Adam Date: Thursday, 29/Oct/09, 5:18 PM | Message # 6

B-Girls
God damn we are absolutely awful with staying on topic rofl Welcome though!

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
Menace Date: Thursday, 29/Oct/09, 5:31 PM | Message # 7

Heads
Quote (Adam)
God damn we are absolutely awful with staying on topic rofl Welcome though!

this is practically RHHF only here you will see random political/religious debates in threads about music and off topics about being gay LOL what can i say it ain't perfect but it's family no ?? LOL :D

abanks47 Date: Thursday, 29/Oct/09, 5:39 PM | Message # 8

Emcees
in reference to beliefs, I do believe in God, but I dont let that affect others. Im against the church, and am open minded to all others. i dont push my beliefs on no one and hate that so many christians do just that. basically i dont give a shit what others think as long as they let me do my thing ill let them do theres.

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

eboyd Date: Thursday, 29/Oct/09, 6:34 PM | Message # 9

Heads
Sounds good. We've had people leave in the past because they were pretty hardcore evangelical christians and didn't appreciate logical criticisms from nonreligious folks so I felt I needed to bring it up. We have Muslims, Christians, Theists, Deists, Agnostics, Atheists, etc. and when it comes to politics we have people who support everything from anarchy to a theocracy, so you should be just fine. Welcome to Real Hip Hop Forever.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Chinita Date: Thursday, 29/Oct/09, 6:39 PM | Message # 10

Heads
Quote (Adam)
God damn we are absolutely awful with staying on topic

LOL its a tradition like the who's better 2pac or biggie topic in the group lol

Quote (abanks47)
Sounds good. We've had people leave in the past because they were pretty hardcore evangelical christians and didn't appreciate logical criticisms from nonreligious folks so I felt I needed to bring it up. We have Muslims, Christians, Theists, Deists, Agnostics, Atheists, etc. and when it comes to politics we have people who support everything from anarchy to a theocracy, so you should be just fine. Welcome to Real Hip Hop Forever.

haha the crazy debates in here

Quote (Menace)
this is practically RHHF only here you will see random political/religious debates in threads about music and off topics about being gay LOL what can i say it ain't perfect but it's family no ?? LOL

amen to that real hip hop forever!

Quote (abanks47)
am open minded to all others. i dont push my beliefs on no one and hate that so many christians do just that. basically i dont give a shit what others think as long as they let me do my thing ill let them do theres.

dido

Adam Date: Thursday, 29/Oct/09, 6:41 PM | Message # 11

B-Girls
Yeah that real hip hop!

Chinita Date: Thursday, 29/Oct/09, 6:44 PM | Message # 12

Heads
forever lol

Adam Date: Thursday, 29/Oct/09, 6:53 PM | Message # 13

B-Girls
Indeed.

Menace Date: Thursday, 29/Oct/09, 7:16 PM | Message # 14

Heads
Quote (LadyChinita)
dido

when i scrolled down i thought you wrote dildo not dido i was like damn at last she's going wild :D

Adam Date: Thursday, 29/Oct/09, 7:33 PM | Message # 15

B-Girls
SAME@!! But then I was like nah.. she wouldn't, and scrolled back up.

Forum » Welcome New Members » Introduction » What up to all
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: