[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: El_Matador, Aristotle, s0dr2  
Forum » RHHF Artists/Battlers » The Cypher » Have you ever had that feeling?
Have you ever had that feeling?
Uncharted Date: Friday, 26/Feb/10, 9:18 PM | Message # 1

Emcees
Have you ever had the feeling that you REALLY wanted to write some new rhymes or simply make some music. like you get into this creativity explosion where you just grab a pad and something to write with and just write a whole bunch of random rhymes down ,or you had that same feeling but something was just blocking you from it and eventually that creative explosion so now you dont know what to write about. Im having that feeling right now, has any of you feeling also?

EmSeeD Date: Friday, 26/Feb/10, 9:41 PM | Message # 2

Heads
yeah i had that for the past few days, maybe it would help to look at some other lyrics from others,

what i do is when i think of a good topic to make a song about i always write it down somewhere to remind myself to write a song about that topic, or even if i think of a good rhyme i write it down in my phone to remind myself to use it in a song.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Chinita Date: Friday, 26/Feb/10, 11:05 PM | Message # 3

Heads
Quote (Uncharted)
Have you ever had the feeling that you REALLY wanted to write some new rhymes or simply make some music. like you get into this creativity explosion where you just grab a pad and something to write with and just write a whole bunch of random rhymes down ,or you had that same feeling but something was just blocking you from it and eventually that creative explosion so now you dont know what to write about. Im having that feeling right now, has any of you feeling also?

um no, never had it lol

ilikebacon3000 Date: Saturday, 27/Feb/10, 1:47 AM | Message # 4

Emcees
I've had this feeling lately for guitar.
I've been listening to The Blue Album from Weezer on repeat and it really makes me wanna write something... But it's so hard sometimes, especially when your out of your creative batteries, which for me is cigarettes and an empty, soundproof room so no one can hear me play.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
Acekat00o Date: Saturday, 27/Feb/10, 4:02 AM | Message # 5

Heads
Im having it right now with graffiti and had it with my acoustic

Graffiti
thessad Date: Saturday, 27/Feb/10, 10:42 AM | Message # 6

Writers
Yeah, I get that feeling a lot, especially after watching some Grind Time battles. I find that if you're not planning on actually using the written for anything (as in quality doesn't really matter) the best thing to do is just write as quickly as you can for as many bars as you want, just coming up with multis and filling in the blanks with whatever you can think of.

NtG Date: Saturday, 27/Feb/10, 8:58 PM | Message # 7

Heads
Usually when i make my best beats, its around 1-2:00 AM. Im usually tired as fuck, almost as if im drugged out, i guess being drugged out really does make you make good music LOL. As an example of this, i flipped a new sample last night at 1:30 while everyone else in my house was asleep.

[deleted]
eboyd Date: Saturday, 27/Feb/10, 9:24 PM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (NtG)
Usually when i make my best beats, its around 1-2:00 AM. Im usually tired as fuck, almost as if im drugged out, i guess being drugged out really does make you make good music LOL. As an example of this, i flipped a new sample last night at 1:30 while everyone else in my house was asleep.

haha i do that shit too. my man Mnemonic did a track talking about the late night because it seems most artists have a creative rush late at night. it might have something to do with being in a lucid state of some sort. idk.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

NtG Date: Saturday, 27/Feb/10, 10:53 PM | Message # 9

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
haha i do that shit too. my man Mnemonic did a track talking about the late night because it seems most artists have a creative rush late at night. it might have something to do with being in a lucid state of some sort. idk.

Yeah, usually im asleep on the floor of my living room, then i wake up at around 11 and im like "O, i need to go turn off the computer!" but then i end up opening FL studio and make that hot shit.

[deleted]
eboyd Date: Saturday, 27/Feb/10, 11:09 PM | Message # 10

Heads
Quote (NtG)
Yeah, usually im asleep on the floor of my living room, then i wake up at around 11 and im like "O, i need to go turn off the computer!" but then i end up opening FL studio and make that hot shit.

haha exactly how i feel! :D yeah, it's pretty universal among artists from what i hear. probably because different chemicals are getting released in the brain, plus the creative side of the brain kicks in when dreaming is induced during REM so i would assume it's somehow related.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ilikebacon3000 Date: Sunday, 28/Feb/10, 1:38 AM | Message # 11

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
haha exactly how i feel! yeah, it's pretty universal among artists from what i hear. probably because different chemicals are getting released in the brain, plus the creative side of the brain kicks in when dreaming is induced during REM so i would assume it's somehow related.

Man, the worst shit happened the other day. I was having a dream about me walking up some stairs, and I saw a basketball bounce down, and this girl walked up to me and asked me her write her a poem.

So I wrote this poem in my dream, and I woke up RIGHT after writing it. I hurried around the house trying to find paper to write it down on, because it was good. All I remember is "One ball will grow to be"..... It was really good.... FUCK it's still bothering me.. But that shit is long gone :(
^^NO HOMO on the ball part.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Sunday, 28/Feb/10, 1:50 AM | Message # 12

Rappers
No, because my creative awesomness is too great to be blocked dance

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

TUMBLR CLICK CLICK CLICK!
MashPotato Date: Tuesday, 02/Mar/10, 12:40 PM | Message # 13

DJs
I haven't turned off my "studio" in over a year. It's always ready to go and I press record more than I should. Plus I have notebooks everywhere, at least 3 are in the car now, and my mobile phone records auto notes as mp3s until the 2Gig SD card is full. I use that more than anything (for work too). I used to carry around these tiny media sticks. They were smaller than a cigarette lighter and they recorded/played up to 1Gig of audio each. Super cheap so I have a few of them. I keep one by the bed, one in the kitchen, etc.

TL;DR Version - I rarely miss a chance to note an idea because once I missed a chance and regretted it, then took steps in an attempt to never face that dilemma again. ;)

Save Time Travel
Register at chess.com (free). Send me your username. I'll challenge you.
HateMainstreamMusic Date: Tuesday, 02/Mar/10, 12:42 PM | Message # 14

Emcees
i kind of had this now... guess who's going crate diggin today?

MashPotato Date: Tuesday, 02/Mar/10, 1:02 PM | Message # 15

DJs
You're mom? Oh, wait, you said crate, not dumpster. Burn! :p

Save Time Travel
Register at chess.com (free). Send me your username. I'll challenge you.
Forum » RHHF Artists/Battlers » The Cypher » Have you ever had that feeling?
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: