[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: El_Matador, Aristotle, s0dr2  
Forum » RHHF Artists/Battlers » Battle Archive » El_Matador vs. 8Diagrams (Text Battle)
El_Matador vs. 8Diagrams
Adal-Beraht Date: Tuesday, 22/Sep/09, 5:22 PM | Message # 16

Rappers
I vote El Matador because he has better word play based on this. But to really be able to vote fairly, it should be recorded so that emotions and flow come into play. Based on rhymes, I vote El Matador.
B)

AB
El_Matador Date: Tuesday, 22/Sep/09, 5:43 PM | Message # 17

Heads
Russell, you need to work on few things:

1. You writing too long lines
2. You using too simple and predictable rhymes. Before you try to use some complex rhyme scheme, start using better rhymes. If you've got a problem with that, you can always help yourself with some rhyme dictionary
3. Speakin on dictionary, avoid copying hard words from dict into your rhymes. It might sound wise, but in practice, it'll be reterded cos people could not understand you. Plus you might misunderstand something and it will make yourself look dumb
4. When you are serious with writing, avoid lines that will make you look gay (no matter if you really are or if you're not). I raised my eyebrow on "molesting you like a pedo bear". It doesnt matter if lyrically or not, that was gay as fuck.

MENACE 2 JOKER: Go back to Mexico you damn spic
JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

Menace Date: Tuesday, 22/Sep/09, 5:45 PM | Message # 18

Heads
i vote the the pervert cause the homosexual needs to work on his shit

El_Matador Date: Tuesday, 22/Sep/09, 6:38 PM | Message # 19

Heads
Quote (8Diagrams)
Yeah, I dig, man. I just thought being complex would make me seem lyrical but I think I need to LEARN before anything else.

Yeah, you got few things to learn. You wont be a lyrical master after few days, just take your time and practice.

JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

emseed Date: Tuesday, 22/Sep/09, 7:11 PM | Message # 20

Watchers
since this battle is over one of you guys should move it into the battle archive section, do you know how to do that?
El_Matador Date: Tuesday, 22/Sep/09, 7:39 PM | Message # 21

Heads
Quote (emseed)
since this battle is over one of you guys should move it into the battle archive section, do you know how to do that?

yes I know, but few folks wanted to drop their opinions on that. I'll let them do that tonight, and tomorrow I'll drop it into archive

El_Matador Date: Tuesday, 22/Sep/09, 7:47 PM | Message # 22

Heads
Quote (8Diagrams)
Quote (El_Matador)
Yeah, you got few things to learn. You wont be a lyrical master after few days, just take your time and practice.

K, thanks, you taught me more than anyone.

All good holmes, hope you gonna get better with it soon.

Chinita Date: Tuesday, 22/Sep/09, 7:55 PM | Message # 23

Watchers
[quote=EmSeeD]okay but why would he want to find fish? [/quote]
hahahahaha i guess they don't use this line where you live, plenty of fish in the sea.. :)

congrats miguel and very good word play, good job guys and thats some good advise you got from miguelito :) the more battles the better you get is what i think. can't wait to start my battles :)

EmSeeD Date: Tuesday, 22/Sep/09, 8:19 PM | Message # 24

Heads
Quote (Chinita)
Quote (EmSeeD)
okay but why would he want to find fish?

hahahahaha i guess they don't use this line where you live, plenty of fish in the sea..

oh okay but i don't think it really worked, it was a bit confusing

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
El_Matador Date: Tuesday, 22/Sep/09, 8:26 PM | Message # 25

Heads
Quote (8Diagrams)
It's weird, though, because my verses against MAK in my first battle weren't too bad. Maybe I just went in the wrong direction after that...?
Here, I'll show you:
http://realhiphop4ever.ucoz.com/forum/26-2008-1

Yes, exactly. You had a good start but after that you went into writing funny rhymes and all that gay stuff. If you wanna be good with rhyming then you need to be little bit more serious about it.

EmSeeD Date: Tuesday, 22/Sep/09, 8:38 PM | Message # 26

Heads
Quote (8Diagrams)
Yeah, it's cool haha! But yo, do you have any advice? Anything will do

keep practicing, and try freestyle writing, i know writing won't really be a true freestyle but you know what i mean. write a verse but go with the first thing that comes to your head, i don't mean do that in a battle but do that to practice. the more you write the more words you know and the more rhymes you will know, its not just about knowing words but also knowing rhymes. study patterns for writing too, like double word rhymes etc, and for word play look for words that have more then one meaning, that's the easiest way to come up with word play.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
El_Matador Date: Tuesday, 22/Sep/09, 8:46 PM | Message # 27

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)
keep practicing, and try freestyle writing, i know writing won't really be a true freestyle but you know what i mean. write a verse but go with the first thing that comes to your head, i don't mean do that in a battle but do that to practice. the more you write the more words you know and the more rhymes you will know, its not just about knowing words but also knowing rhymes. study patterns for writing too, like double word rhymes etc, and for word play look for words that have more then one meaning, that's the easiest way to come up with word play.

Yes but leave the wordplay for later. First off, start to write (when I started with rhyming, I used to write everyday to practice) and look for some new words and use them cos like I said, your rhymes are too simple. And leave the advanced wordplay and rhyme scheme for later. If you want to play with words and throw them like from machine gun, first you gotta know them. So wake up and start to practice, what do u waiting for?

Quote (8Diagrams)
El_Matador, check out this thread rofl http://realhiphop4ever.ucoz.com/forum/13-3225-1
But change the title of that thread to "Mystery Science Theater 3000 XD"

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

El_Matador Date: Tuesday, 22/Sep/09, 8:54 PM | Message # 28

Heads
Quote (8Diagrams)
Ha ha, you that liked that, eh?

I dont know where did you find that but that was crazy

Im moving it to battle archive

El_Matador Date: Tuesday, 22/Sep/09, 8:57 PM | Message # 29

Heads
Quote (8Diagrams)
I grew up watching it on TV over here in the states.

I've never heard about it, but that shit was funny

El_Matador Date: Tuesday, 22/Sep/09, 9:00 PM | Message # 30

Heads
Forget it, its in the archive so its whatever

Forum » RHHF Artists/Battlers » Battle Archive » El_Matador vs. 8Diagrams (Text Battle)
Search: