Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: I_Guy, eboyd, El_Matador  
Forum » Off-Topic » Creative Writing » Niggaz, Niguaz,Nigguhz, & more Niggers
Niggaz, Niguaz,Nigguhz, & more Niggers
Menace Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 5:51 PM | Message # 16

Heads
yes but this power is USELESS both in social and economical it doesn't help us at all so us black folk having leverage over another where does it get us and what does it get us ?? you even admit it clearly it does not make sense the word itself doesn't bring NOTHING and it is bullshit man I AM OFFENDED when someone of any race tells me that a racial slur is power i live in a predominantly WHITE COUNTRY Erik people called me names and even Negro but intelligent people here both Black , Brown or whatever act like human beings whit each other they don't need to have philosophical power over another and you will be amazed how multiculturalism strives maybe better then in the US because people try to eliminate this kind of talking that has nothing to do whit us and be sure that Black American's will be respected more if they eliminate this word they will set an example to everyone that we are not different in any way in fact THATS REAL POWER ELIMINATING THIS WORD breaking these chains will mean the mental liberation of your typical black person

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 5:58 PM | Message # 17

Heads
I wasn't saying the word is good, I was simply saying that the reason black people use it is that it gives them philosophical power even though that power is useless. It also shows that they are not afraid of the word anymore. It doesn't need to be used and probably shouldn't, but realistically it will not die out until there is true racial equality or blacks begin to have the upper hand on whites.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 6:08 PM | Message # 18

Heads
from what i saw most black americans use it from their basic instinct rather then from a philosophical stance where they can maybe use it so once again its a IDIOTIC for a black man to use it realistically it's stupid to even mention it or welcome it in the English lexicon the word itself creates moral and "philosophical" division i bet Malcolm and MLK would turn in their graves if they see this we created a way to segregate ourselves even in our vocabulary and by the way we see Niggas all over TV but we never see a documentary on the TV about the Kush Empire no no NEVER we are NIGGAS but we ain't a civilization

Menace Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 6:19 PM | Message # 19

Heads
verbal segregation is a good term that could be applied to the word Nigga man for the past 50 years or more it seems evolution is rather going backward then forward

Menace Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 6:32 PM | Message # 20

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
old out their neighbors in Africa

the pure thing that pisses me off is that some people try to coin slavery on Africans that shit makes me go insane not saying that you did you just gave an example of evil people but I'm saying in general what i see many people fail to understand that racial supremacy and race slavery was created by the white man and surprisingly the correlation between the rise of racism and the rise of Christianity are shocking i think it is no contestation that this religion contributed to this phenomenon times went trough and as all we go trough a evolution this religion revised herself as many did

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 6:33 PM | Message # 21

Heads
On a social level it comes from instinct, but psychologically speaking, where does that instinct come from? Think about it. Most "instincts" are truly just reactions of a being's enculturation. Animals, for example, do certain things out of instinct because these "instincts" are adaptations to the environment in which they were bred. Take, for example, the fish. One of it's basic instincts is to take in water and process it through the gils to make oxygen. Why? Because they are in the ocean and if they breathed like humans do they would suffocate. It's the same idea.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 6:36 PM | Message # 22

Heads
i agree the environment builds the individual and from what we see Black American's live in a hostile environment where their mental capability does not go beyond these words they still are in their cages

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 6:48 PM | Message # 23

Heads
Idk for sure that racism started with whites, although it definitely became relevant through whites. If you look at it historically, everyone came from Africa and were black, but there were a select few cases in which white children were born to black people, a disease called albinism, and the parents, embarrassed, outcasted their children. Over time these albino families spread to Europe. Not saying this is true, but it is a logical argument that has been presented and it is a possibility which would mean that the first instance of racism came from black people. Of course it was nowhere near what white racism has always been.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 6:57 PM | Message # 24

Heads
not really Erik when people started to migrate from Africa they were black when they arrived in that particular place the environment started doing her job changing them to adapt all these skin tones are years of adaption under 1 particular environment science proved this in fact in reality 99% we are the same our looks changed in time because of the environment that we lived in BUT yes Erik historically the white man invented race slavery when Alexander conquered Egypt the people there were Black and Brown they didn't enslave them he left Ptolemy Egypt and Greeks started to mingle whit Brown and Blacks as well as in Babylon and other places so race has not a big issue in ancient times

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 8:29 PM | Message # 25

Heads
my point was not to present a fact, it was to provide another possibility that has been toyed with simply to show you that we do not, and will probably never, know the true source of racism.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Lord_Meth Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 8:55 PM | Message # 26

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
Unless the black race either gets true equality with the white race or gains power over all races like white people have today, which I hope never happens because we need to put an end to the power struggle already, black people will never emancipate themselves from the word "nigga" because it is used to counteract "nigger" and it is very powerfully expressive in that it is the black way of segregation. Whites segregated blacks for several years, to different degrees and for different lengths of time depending on the country you refer to. "Nigga" is a word blacks and whites both know white people can't use because if they do they will have an angry mob chasing them. The word itself is a form of power. It is the power that blacks, especially those still bitter over racism, use as the only power they have over whites. A racist white corporation owner can flex his power without saying a word. He just puts blacks in either the most demeaning or lowest paying jobs, but the black man holds one thing over him that he cannot touch and that's the word "nigga."

Wow I actually agree wit that Erik

Sick With It
Menace Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 8:58 PM | Message # 27

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)

Wow I actually agree wit that Erik

yup Meth go and buy some bread and some drinks whit the word Nigga lol

Lord_Meth Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 9:00 PM | Message # 28

Heads
Quote (Menace)
yup Meth go and buy some bread and some drinks whit the word Nigga

Wanna join? biggrin
We'll listen to smooth jazz and just chill out with my niggas from class, I dont drink so Ill have cranberry juice wink

Sick With It
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 9:02 PM | Message # 29

Heads
Quote (Menace)
yup Meth go and buy some bread and some drinks whit the word Nigga

dude, this is the what i mean by power:

"the possession of control or command over others; authority; ascendancy: power over men's minds."

in other words, power in the mental/emotional sense.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 9:14 PM | Message # 30

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)
We'll listen to smooth jazz and just chill out with my niggas from class, I dont drink so Ill have cranberry juice

its kinda hypocritical cause the Jazz movement was a very afrocentrical movement so you know the sentence does not match you the genre biggrin

and yes Brian biggrin i misunderstood that changes all cause that's the way i think too and it seems brothers don't understand

Forum » Off-Topic » Creative Writing » Niggaz, Niguaz,Nigguhz, & more Niggers
Search: