[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: I_Guy, eboyd, El_Matador  
Forum » Off-Topic » Creative Writing » Scholorship Essay Questions (Erik, where u at son??)
Scholorship Essay Questions
Lord_Meth Date: Wednesday, 29/Dec/10, 0:26 AM | Message # 1

Heads
Im bout to start writing to my scholorships and I need some great essay tips like how to start it off, how to make it sound nice, all that jazz.
I already kno how I WANT it to go, but its the taking the steps and carrying out those thoughts thats tough.
I really want to make this sound nice and I really want these scholorships
(These muthafucks are gonna pay for my tuition and fees plus books!)
So this is a very big deal, plus its gonna be competition.
Im a great writer. One of the best...in life (joke) but I love to write stories and raps (as u guys kno).
So its not the writing that scary, but how to put those ideas onto paper in a complete, solid structure.
So any tips u guys have would be great!
Much love!

Sick With It
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 29/Dec/10, 6:03 AM | Message # 2

Heads
well, let's start with finding out what the essay questions are lol. it's hard to start an essay when you have no clue what you are supposed to write about haha!
also, is there anything more specific you need help with? are you trying to get advice on essay structure? writing a proper intro? what?

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Lord_Meth Date: Wednesday, 29/Dec/10, 11:45 PM | Message # 3

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
well, let's start with finding out what the essay questions are lol. it's hard to start an essay when you have no clue what you are supposed to write about haha!
also, is there anything more specific you need help with? are you trying to get advice on essay structure? writing a proper intro? what?

All of my scholarships r about "What are ur career aspirations and how do ur friends and family support u towards this goal??"
My only problem is starting off my essay. After I get started, I can breeze thru the essay.

Sick With It
s0dr2 Date: Thursday, 30/Dec/10, 11:27 AM | Message # 4

OGs
Quote (Lord_Meth)
All of my scholarships r about "What are ur career aspirations and how do ur friends and family support u towards this goal??"

sounds pretty lame tbqh lol...start it off something along the lines of: "Lesbian insect between sisters, hot or not? Okay, now that I have your attention, my career aspirations are..."

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

eboyd Date: Thursday, 30/Dec/10, 3:27 PM | Message # 5

Heads
Quote (s0dr2)
"Lesbian insect between sisters, hot or not? Okay, now that I have your attention, my career aspirations are..."

lol! i've heard people suggest such things (albeit far less outlandish hahaha! but similar in the whole "now that i have your attention" part). i personally think that actually lowers the quality of the work. be subtle but grab the readers' attention. it's a tough task but if you can pull it off i guarantee you will be considered for these scholarships to say the least. when you should actually do is write or at least outline the body of your essay first. if your essay is about how friends and family have helped you get to where you are today, then the intro should really sum up your friends and family and your relationship to them. one way to do it would be to quote someone well known. a quote that describes your relationship with your friends and family well could serve as an effective attention getter. of course you will need to make a smooth transition from the quote to your writing.

the thing is that i can't help you until you write or outline the body or at least describe your friends and family and your relationship with them first though. once you do that i can help you write an effective intro. like i said though, i recommend you write or at least outline the body before you write the intro.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Uncharted Date: Thursday, 30/Dec/10, 10:47 PM | Message # 6

Emcees
how about a jot list?????

-introduction
-3 body paragraphs
-conclusion

NtG Date: Thursday, 30/Dec/10, 10:56 PM | Message # 7

Heads
its easier to write your body paragraphs first

[deleted]
Lord_Meth Date: Friday, 31/Dec/10, 0:54 AM | Message # 8

Heads
I think thats a solid idea. Ima do that tomorrow!

Sick With It
eboyd Date: Friday, 31/Dec/10, 3:20 AM | Message # 9

Heads
cool. send me a ruf and i'll assist with the intro. email address is in my sig.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Off-Topic » Creative Writing » Scholorship Essay Questions (Erik, where u at son??)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: