[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: I_Guy, eboyd, El_Matador  
Forum » Off-Topic » Creative Writing » My Response To A Crappy Forecast For 2009 In Hip Hop :D
My Response To A Crappy Forecast For 2009 In Hip Hop :D
ill Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 10:46 AM | Message # 16

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
Ill, I was referring to kids who are the type that like the latest fad. Kids who like Soulja Boy et al .

ohh my bad bro, you put some good points to him that dude has no clue haha

The World Is Yours
MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 11:09 AM | Message # 17

Emcees
Fuckin Hilarious Article!!!! It's funny how they say we need to "let go of the past" but does nobody notice that the newer rappers that are actually half decent (charles hamilton, Wale, amongst others) all have that old style that real heads are trying to hold onto?!?!?
Like when Lupe dropped everyone said he's the future but his style is straight outta 94/95..........shit is ridiculous and this fag that wrote the article says he's a producer so he thinks he knows what hiphop heads wanna hear but only hiphop heads know what we want...save the bullshit material for everyone else! -eg. the "you just dont like them cuz they got more money" crowd.

oh, and this whole I wanna rap and sing trend....Ya, NOTHING NEW!!!! Bone Thugs?!?!? - and they still do it WAAAAAYYYY better than any new cat can!!!! step up your game if you want the credit and learn what originality really is!!!

Added (04/Feb/09, 11:09 Am)
---------------------------------------------
wish I never entered this thread... Shit got Me Real Pissed Off...... I just wanna let someone have it!!!!!!!!!! angry angry2 devil spiteful

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 11:33 AM | Message # 18

Heads
Lol! Now if a hip hop artist wants to really be "original" he needs to start fucking with the count, tempo, etc. of a track. That is the only thing that hasn't been done yet. I've heard ONE hip hop song (off Invincible's debut album, produced by Wajeed) and made one myself in which the count wasn't a 4 count, plus I_Guy is working on one. I've never heard a tempo that had a change up in it. The only thing that hasn't been experimented with in hip hop music is the music itself. There are few COMPOSERS in hip hop and a TON of producers. Anyone can be a producer, but you have to earn the title composer. We need composers in hip hop to make any further progress.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 11:41 AM | Message # 19

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
There are few COMPOSERS in hip hop and a TON of producers. Anyone can be a producer, but you have to earn the title composer. We need composers in hip hop to make any further progress.

well that's a problem cause hip hop itself was built on sampling as you already know so composers were not needed but we must step it up whit this too

Chinita Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 12:13 PM | Message # 20

Heads
Quote (Menace)
COMPOSERS

ok so enlighten me cause i dont feel like looking up anything right now, i'm being lazy and a bum today lol..had a long weekend.. but what is different with composer/musician/producer? is composer the same as musician.. that makes the music..idk i'm just putting things out there without thinking right now.

Chinita Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 12:13 PM | Message # 21

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
There are few COMPOSERS in hip hop

what do you mean?

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 12:20 PM | Message # 22

Emcees
Composers create music from scratch basically-
Producers/beatmakers mostly pull shit from wherever thay can and put the pieces together and add their own "twist" to it.....

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

Menace Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 12:21 PM | Message # 23

Heads
well Chinita its goes like this

musical composer - A composer is a person who writes music or creates it. The term refers particularly to someone who writes music in some type of musical notation, thus allowing others to perform the music. This distinguishes the composer from a musician who improvises or plays a musical instrument.

music producer - In the music industry, a record producer (or music producer) has many roles, among them controlling the recording sessions, coaching and guiding the musicians, organizing and scheduling production budget and resources, and supervising the recording, mixing and mastering processes.

there is a difference BUT in hip hop is a little bit different then in other genres cause the base of hip hop is sampling our sounds have no real musical composition cause we sample a famous example in hip hop is The Roots they are a live instrumental group that composes their music they don't sample it its a difference between composing music and sampling it

Chinita Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 12:24 PM | Message # 24

Heads
Quote (LethaFace)
Composers create music from scratch basically-
Producers/beatmakers mostly pull shit from wherever thay can and put the pieces together and add their own "twist" to it.....

oohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok so now composers don't have to go through copyright issues then right?

Menace Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 12:27 PM | Message # 25

Heads
Quote (LadyChinita)

oohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok so now composers don't have to go through copyright issues then right?

well of course look at the definition up there

Chinita Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 12:31 PM | Message # 26

Heads
Quote (Menace)
The Roots they are a live instrumental group that composes their music they don't sample it its a difference between composing music and sampling it

oh ok that helps alot menace thanks..the roots is a great example..

Quote (Menace)
someone who writes music in some type of musical notation, thus allowing others to perform the music. This distinguishes the composer from a musician who improvises or plays a musical instrument.

oh ok he writes the musical notations, the musical symbols..wow that must be hard but now i know what you are talking about..

ill Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 7:15 PM | Message # 27

Emcees
sampling is dying out in hip hop man it needs to come back

The World Is Yours
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 7:22 PM | Message # 28

Heads
Come on, how's that rude?

And no, you guys don't understand what a COMPOSER is. RZA, for example, is a composer. A producer and a composer can use samples or not, but the true difference is that a producer doesn't have any technical musical knowledge, they just throw shit together, whereas a composer is more experienced with actual musical theory. Of course, like Menace said, I producer is different in hip hop than anything else, but w/e. Basically, a composer is to a producer as an emcee is to a rapper. Composers have actual musical knowledge. A composer knows how to write musical phrases, they know what notes make what effect -- they can basically make the music talk, whereas a producer can simply make a nice beat. Also, a composer knows how to make the music actually move somewhere, rather than a continuous stagnate beat (doesn't mean they always do though). Listen to Clutchy Hopkins' album "Walking Backwards" for an idea of what I mean. The way the beats progress and everything just follows everything else, that is an example of what I mean. Listen to composers like John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Duke Ellington, and then go back further; Beethoven, Bach, etc. That is what I mean when I talk about a composer. Someone who has a TRUE musical knowledge. Someone who can read musical notation and write it. Someone who can tell you what he's/she's trying to say without using words. You feel me?

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 7:37 PM | Message # 29

Heads
LMAO! Why thank you biggrin

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ill Date: Sunday, 22/Mar/09, 7:13 PM | Message # 30

Emcees
Quote (howsyourmom)
his raps sound like he just watched a Michael Moore movie and thinks he knows all

lol love it

The World Is Yours
Forum » Off-Topic » Creative Writing » My Response To A Crappy Forecast For 2009 In Hip Hop :D
Search: