[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Who's Gonna Save HipHop??? ((Will the stench of garbage rap simmer down this year?))
Who's Gonna Save HipHop???
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 4:44 PM | Message # 16

Heads
Unfortunately atm it is all theory. Nothing else we can do. I'm saying they have the best shot though. They can get mainstream and underground interest. I know first hand. I know mainstream fans that eat that shit up.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 6:02 PM | Message # 17

Heads
Quote (8DiagramsOfDeath)
Hmm, Talib Kweli is releasing a solo album and a long awaited follow up to Reflection Eternal, and some other album, but I forget what it was

that's mad nice i love Hi-Tek and Talib Kweli they make a good team

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 6:48 PM | Message # 18

Heads
Apparently Chino XL is Here To Save Us All biggrin

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ill Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 6:54 PM | Message # 19

Emcees
jay elec already shit on the industry with his mixtape and so did blu with his debut although his followups wernt as hot as i hoped

if you ask me there is more good hip hop out now then ever before, not much of it is classic cos i dont think artists are recording songs in a classic style if you get me. hip hop doesnt need saving, if the rappers on the radio say its dead what do i care, from where im looking its alive

The World Is Yours
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 7:06 PM | Message # 20

Heads
^^^^ buuuuuuuut!.... Below The Heavens is mos def going to be a classic. Aaaaand!....... Blu's new mixtape "So(ul) Amazing 2" is more or less exactly where he left off with BTH and he's supposed to drop an album with Emanon, a solo project and a follow up to BTH with Exile within the next few years, 2 of which are rumored to drop in 2009. Also, Jay Electronica is dropping his debut this year. So what if they shit on the industry? The industry is going down the drain! Look at all the big corporations going caput. Within a year all of the "second string" companies in each industry will be bankrupt and the big companies will die soon after, leaving room for smaller companies on the come up. The music industry is dying at an alarming rate and no one is selling. The mainstream rappers are going to shit and real emcees are actually hanging steady. Trust me, who cares if they shit on the industry. In the next few years there might not even be an industry, unless of course they reform and sign underground artists and give them all the leway they want.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

LoveThatHipHop Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 7:07 PM | Message # 21

Emcees
We've already got a nice amount of people trying to bring good music back to the masses. It might be really up to corporate media, because one of the reasons why we have these wack rappers all up high in the hills and shit, is because radio and television are trying to direct themselves to a new immature generation of younger kids who want to hear about plenty of girls, gangsta shit, and most of all having fun and dancing. dry

Because I'm cool like dat. I'm chill like dat. I'm peace like dat.

Message edited by LoveThatHipHop - Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 7:12 PM
ill Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 7:12 PM | Message # 22

Emcees
i dunno about the label situation but if you look back some dope albums dropped in 08, i think hip hop on the radio is dead but for the listeners its better then ever

like when nas dropped illmatic around the 'golden age' the dope shit was being played on the radio, now its fucked up i dunno if it will get back to where it was

The World Is Yours
EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 05/Feb/09, 2:19 AM | Message # 23

Heads
ME! lol, but whoever it is hasn't arrived yet. they need to be able to make good singles plus good albums, plus love and respect for the culture and appeal to both the underground and the mainstream.

as long as there are people who are oppressed or need to express themselves through poetry or art there will always be hip hop.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Kiba Date: Thursday, 05/Feb/09, 8:10 AM | Message # 24

Emcees
2pac or snoop dog tongue

Added (05/Feb/09, 8:10 Am)
---------------------------------------------
even tho im not a big fan of his i would say maby Nas has the biggest potential...

I looked at the moon so full and so bright
And then at the fireplace with its flickering light
And realised why this world will never be right

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Thursday, 05/Feb/09, 9:30 AM | Message # 25

Emcees
it's not gonna be an underground cat to do it...... It's gotta be someone with an original style that has already touched both mainstream and underground audiences......

Bone Thugs ???

Buckshot/KRS1???

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

eboyd Date: Thursday, 05/Feb/09, 10:13 AM | Message # 26

Heads
Nah man, someone new. It has to be a fresh face these kids don't wanna hear "old ass cats like KRS One that don't know when the time is right to put the mic down." That is the mindset. That is why it has to be someone young, fresh, new.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Thursday, 05/Feb/09, 10:33 AM | Message # 27

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
That is why it has to be someone young, fresh, new.

young fresh and new kids only have one thing on their mind - $$$$$$$$$ - not gonna work........... how many "young fresh and new" dudes have stepped up since, say 2005, and what have any of them done for hiphop besides make it worse? none have really done much for me anyway

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

ill Date: Thursday, 05/Feb/09, 11:11 AM | Message # 28

Emcees
why does it need saving in the first place? thats what i dont get

The World Is Yours
Menace Date: Thursday, 05/Feb/09, 11:14 AM | Message # 29

Heads
Quote (ill)
why does it need saving in the first place? thats what i dont get

god look at the state of hip hop it gone downhill for the past 10 years you barley recognize it it almost merged whit the pop world as Nas said it hip hop as a culture is dead we feel just the spirit of it but its dead and the music is dead too

ill Date: Thursday, 05/Feb/09, 11:24 AM | Message # 30

Emcees
exactly hip hop has come to the radio and people dont like the direction, as soon as people like erik mentioned like blu and jay elec hit the radio people will say they turned pop and start to hate

The World Is Yours
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Who's Gonna Save HipHop??? ((Will the stench of garbage rap simmer down this year?))
Search: