[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Who's Gonna Save HipHop??? ((Will the stench of garbage rap simmer down this year?))
Who's Gonna Save HipHop???
MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 2:32 PM | Message # 1

Emcees
We've had discussions about who's gonna have big albums this year but WHO if anybody is gonna really be able to make the half steppers either take a seat or step their game up this year?
I know there's the threat of the "three headed monster"(shady/aftermath) but I don't think that'll make ppl step up... I think it'll just make ppl(mainstrem america) ignore those who are really trying to bring this shit to another(better)level and save hiphop.

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

TheWatcher Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 2:36 PM | Message # 2

Heads
It's not looking good.. I hope Rakim's 'Seventh Seal' will be decent.
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 3:04 PM | Message # 3

Heads
If it's anyone it will either be Jay Elec, Blu, one of the guys from Boston, or Immortal Technique. I'm afraid we'll have to wait until 2012. That number just sounds so right. That is when hip hop will be better.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 3:18 PM | Message # 4

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
If it's anyone it will either be Jay Elec, Blu, one of the guys from Boston, or Immortal Technique. I'm afraid we'll have to wait until 2012. That number just sounds so right. That is when hip hop will be better.

I find Immortal Technique(although i like him) sort of unintentionally made people hate on mainstream hiphop tho'... most of (not all) of his fans are backpackers and fake revolutionists who are obsessed with him and own too many Che t-shirts LOL...... they seem to forget that HipHop can still be mainstream but also have that missing link were all searching for in the music..... remember when it was popular but rappers still tried to out do each other and ppl were still getting paid(just not the ridiculous amounts of now times)

I personally think it'll have to be someone who ain't scared to expose the phony's, still express the roots of hiphop, and have some serious talent but also reach the masses and not just the underground b/c there's ALOT of fakers there too that ONLY search for underground music as tho' it's a style to help their image.........

The help of some new and or improved record labels would be nice too......

and isnt the world supposed to end in 2012??? lol - or was that sorta your point?!

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 3:29 PM | Message # 5

Heads
Nah, I don't believe that shit. The prediction was "apocalypse". Back then apocalypse just meant monumental change. The number just seems right. It seems like just enough time for people to get fed up with how everything works and want a change, and that will include taste in music. And as for someone who will "revive" hip hop, by your description, Jay Electronica and Blu, as stated above (my numbers 1 and 2) are perfect candidates for that. Also add Elzhi and Slug to that list.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 3:38 PM | Message # 6

Heads
Quote (LethaFace)
I find Immortal Technique(although i like him) sort of unintentionally made people hate on mainstream hiphop tho'... most of (not all) of his fans are backpackers and fake revolutionists

i personally was an immortal technique way before immortal technique begun rapping and back they i hated the mainstreem and now days i hate the mainstreem too lol and i like Immortal Technique but i would love to trash his political views if i have the chance biggrin the mainstreem is a pile of garbage politics politics and politics its all POLITICS the consumer culture put a hold on hip hop and now its selling it people seem to brag about bullshit about music its not the music its who's feeds you when you try to sell a culture you create a hybrid for the market and that hybrid is RAP MUSIC

Movements are systems and systems kill.
Movements are expressions of the public will.
Hip Hop became a movement cos we all felt lost,
But the leaders sold out and now we all pay the cost.
Hip Hop narcissism was social napalm,
Russel Simmons started doing real harm. biggrin

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 3:39 PM | Message # 7

Heads
Though I think to save hip hop someone has to get more complex musically and more poetic lyrically. I don't think the current formula will hack it. As of now, anyone can be a producer. Not many truly are making music that is as praiseworthy as the music of the 60's for example, if any at all. The game is just too simple right now. And atm it seems to me that mainstream rap is really dying. Think about; 3 of the top artists in the limelight (fags, but still most inportant in the mainstream), Lil Wayne, Kanye West and Pharrell (OK, Pharrell isn't terrible) are making or have made albums that aren't classifiable as hip hop and Lupe is doing the same. Kanye made what he called a "pop art" album, Wayne is making a rock album and Pharrell, with NERD, basically did the same. Lupe is unfortunately forming whàt is basically a punk band and he's singing with a British accent wacko so idk what is truly to come other than a possible full submergeance of hip hop into the underground, which doesn't sound too terribly bad to me.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 3:42 PM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
Lupe is unfortunately forming whàt is basically a punk band and he's singing with a British accent

no no no that's not Punk they won't bring shame to Punk's name lol Punk's would break their heads if they get too mainstreem whit this i mean the Crass generation almost killed the Sex Pistols for selling out i dont know what they will do to Lupe biggrin

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 3:46 PM | Message # 9

Heads
Then what is it? Britpop? British rock? It's definitely meant to be British for some God forsaken reason.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 3:54 PM | Message # 10

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
Then what is it? Britpop? British rock? It's definitely meant to be British for some God forsaken reason.

naah nah his band will be one of these Emo/Indie-Rock whit a little bit of mainstreem consciousness on the side just to show themselves a little bit man Erik me personally i hate this flow of so called consciousness from the mainstreem i mean its so pathetic they make me LMAO biggrin ohh i personally call it "TREND CONSCIOUSNESS"

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 4:15 PM | Message # 11

Heads
Well, we'll see what it is exactly. Either way his old stuff was dope to me but this new shit is crazy

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 4:18 PM | Message # 12

Heads
ohh and for Hip Hop including my first comment If i stay and think a little bit in some 10 years hip hop will merge 100% whit the pop world and after that will disappear and notice this comment comes from me a man who killed his wife for hip hop biggrin lol naah but on the real tough i would like to be more optimistic but after i calculate that's what gonna happen and Im pretty darn accurate too biggrin

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 4:29 PM | Message # 13

Heads
Yes, but the question is, theoretically, if it comes back this year, what artist/album will define the moment it returns? Who will lead the pack, in essence. To me, the answer is Blu, Elzhi, Jay Elect, and/or Slug from Atmosphere.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

s0dr2 Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 4:31 PM | Message # 14

OGs
don worry, imma save hip hop

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Message edited by sodr2 - Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 4:31 PM
Menace Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 4:35 PM | Message # 15

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
don worry, imma save hip hop

YES !! when i saw you online i said to myself !! OHH YEAH he is here he will SAVE US biggrin

Quote (eboyd)
Yes, but the question is, theoretically, if it comes back this year, what artist/album will define the moment it returns? Who will lead the pack, in essence. To me, the answer is Blu, Elzhi, Jay Elect, and/or Slug from Atmosphere.

theoretically that's the problem i would like too see some practice I'm sick of theory if you know what i mean

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Who's Gonna Save HipHop??? ((Will the stench of garbage rap simmer down this year?))
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: