[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » K-RINO VS EVERYBODY (thread to discuss K-Rino)
K-RINO VS EVERYBODY
eboyd Date: Thursday, 23/Dec/10, 8:56 PM | Message # 16

Heads
here's the thing. artists like K-Rino tend to forget that it's about music first. that means that without first getting on a good beat and using your vocals as instruments that actually add to the beat, then you fall flat as an artist. that is the number one reason why K-Rino is as unsuccessful as he is in his career. Canibus is at least a bit more known 1. because he's from NY, and 2. because he does know how to spit nice hooks and gets on some decent beats once in a while, but for the most part Canibus is plagued with the same discrepancies as an emcee that K is plagued with. the next important thing that makes K-Rino unsuccessful is that, for the most part, he focuses on being as complex as possible when he could say things in a simpler, more memorable way. what emcees like him don't seem to realize is that there is a certain type of complexity that comes with being simple and memorable while speaking on more complex topics. it's the same with poetry. the best poetry is that which is the smoothest and conveys the point best, not that which is most complex at any cost. the problem with artists like K-Rino and Canibus is that they are too one dimensional (though Canibus is beginning to see the light so to speak). they are dope lyricists but they aren't musicians. i actually believe at this stage in K-Rino's career he would actually do better if he just stopped rapping over instrumentals. i think a K-Rino acappella album would sell better than any of his previous material and for good reason. the man is an amazing lyricist but his music falls short most of the time. he has no classics. none of his tracks are even that memorable because there's nothing about them that is musical. of course his lyricism is memorable and people know him as one of the most complex emcees of all time but what does that amount to? the same can be said for groups like cLOUDDEAD. Dose One, for example, can write great lyrics, but his voice is annoying as fuck lol, and on top of that their music is just fucking strange haha. check it:

now if you want to get in an argument about whether or not K-Rino is one of the best hip hop artists of all time, the answer is obviously no. the same can be said if we were to ask if he's one of the best overall emcees because he has absolutely no versatility. sure, he tells stories too, but his flow is average, his delivery is average, and he has no concept of memorable simplicity. he feels the need to use multi-syllabic rhymes in every line and it gets tedious. you guys even pointed that out above, laughing at the fact that a few lines from another artist ended with single syllable rhymes. it's sad that is all you look at. Lil Wayne uses multi-syllabic rhymes quite a bit. does that make him dope? better yet, here's some multisyllabic shit. tell me if it's dope just because of the multi-syllable style:

some people wanna fuck me because i'm a gay enabler/
pippity poo poo, gay sex, i wanna do your neighbor/
shut your blood clot you metamorphosism/
i've had gay anal sex with single cellular organisms/
i farted and out came my colon... hey look, rheumatism!/
i swam in a pool and someone called it feudalism/
those paintings on the wall sure look like ancient hieroglyphics/
my cryptic rhythmic lipstick hits quick and gets to specifics/
its thick and i use it to cure this syphilitic/
epileptic seizure in my leisure. you're a bad critic/
the rhythm. antidisestablishmentarianism/
supercalifragilisticexpialidocius colonialism/

see, it's not always dope to come with multis lmao!

anyways, here are some examples of emcees that are superior to K-Rino for various reasons, most of which i laid out above:

and yes, i will go there:

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

abanks47 Date: Thursday, 23/Dec/10, 9:05 PM | Message # 17

Emcees
AHAHAHAA!
i think this thread should just be closed.
agreed w/ boyd. i know i cant believe it too but what the heh its the holidays

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

eboyd Date: Thursday, 23/Dec/10, 9:06 PM | Message # 18

Heads
lol we are starting to really get along quite well. it's the holiday spirit i guess :D

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

NtG Date: Thursday, 23/Dec/10, 9:14 PM | Message # 19

Heads
LOL @ Erik, CASE CLOSED!

[deleted]
Lord_Meth Date: Thursday, 23/Dec/10, 9:27 PM | Message # 20

Heads
I should make a thread called Shad vs Everybody

I think that is a better arguement wouldnt u guys agree??

Sick With It
TheHipHopSpot Date: Thursday, 23/Dec/10, 9:29 PM | Message # 21

OGs
dam eboyd, have an opinion already will ya? lol thanks for your feedback guys, bad or good. but to ntg i think it was? you say he should stop trying to be a scientist? thats some ignorant shit homie. and at eboyd this isnt about overall being a better rapper. its whos lyrically the best. everyone likes canibus but when k rino spits like that (actually ks been around since before canibus so what i mean is canibus sounds like him) you say hes just trying to be a scientist or he uses too many multis. i pointed out the multis because he tried comparing a bum to a wizard lol Ks got songs that arent all multis. if you listen to more then a handful of songs. youll have a better opinion on him. and i really think you guys are comparing rappers that have no business being compared to K. you say k isnt versatile eboyd? but you love percee p? i like percee p a lot. but he has 1 style. and about 30-40 songs in his 20 plus year career. thats some serious slacking. am i wrong about that? i must of listened to 20 different "freestyles" with the same exact lyrics. gets pretty old the 15th time. not to mention percee ALWAYS uses multis. i think if percee put out a cd every 3 years he wouldnt be bumin you for rides. lol

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheHipHopSpot
SPC
http://southparkcoalition.webs.com/
NtG Date: Thursday, 23/Dec/10, 9:29 PM | Message # 22

Heads
Nas Vs. Everybody

[deleted]
TheHipHopSpot Date: Thursday, 23/Dec/10, 9:33 PM | Message # 23

OGs
quick close the topic before he can rebutal!!! LMAO

Youtube
SPC
Adam Date: Thursday, 23/Dec/10, 9:46 PM | Message # 24

B-Girls
I've listened to k-rino to much since my childhood since im from the southside and thats what i was surrounded by, so my opinion isn't biased. He is far from the best lyricist and big l is way better at that. He ain't the best story teller either thats slick rick.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
TheHipHopSpot Date: Thursday, 23/Dec/10, 9:54 PM | Message # 25

OGs
ok, i use to live in new york and i think big l isnt as good as K. do you see how far saying somthing like that gets you? so are we ignoring the fact that percee has 1 style? whats so versatile about him again? honestly people come on now. telling you k rino is a crazy lyricist is like breaking the news to my little cousin santa isnt real.

Youtube
SPC
Adam Date: Thursday, 23/Dec/10, 10:06 PM | Message # 26

B-Girls
ive never even heard a single song from percee p so idk about his versatility. But what is wrong with you, I don't have a favorite rapper personally but k-rino! come on now man your judging him off of other things more than just being a rapper.

TheHipHopSpot Date: Thursday, 23/Dec/10, 10:21 PM | Message # 27

OGs
notice how dirt wins by using all them multis? notice how the crowed reacts more towards the multis? notice how theres not beat and the multis dirt uses gets the crowed and he wins because of it? good thing emseed posted a video of this guy on here before i did otherwise he wouldnt be that good. where you at siwooot? dont you like dirt more then any grindtime rapper because of the multis? im sorry, am i being to blunt?

Added (23/Dec/10, 10:12 PM)
---------------------------------------------
wait, you never heard a single song from percee p? but you heard k rino? weird. you should checkout "legandary status" i think its called? his first album. hes sick. notice how i dont discredit percee because im debating about him? weird isnt it?

Added (23/Dec/10, 10:21 PM)
---------------------------------------------
how you gonna say whats wrong with you when you havent even heard a percee p song? will someone agree with me for once? 1+1=2? no its not too many multis lol

Youtube
SPC
Adam Date: Thursday, 23/Dec/10, 10:29 PM | Message # 28

B-Girls
discredit? just cause were not fucking praising the lord known as k-rino doesn't mean we hate him. Are you implying percee p is more known than k-rino becuz thats not a truth from where im from. Also I have heard percee p i actually got his album, but I have never sat down and studied his versatile attributes if that clears it up.

eboyd Date: Thursday, 23/Dec/10, 10:37 PM | Message # 29

Heads
Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
this isnt about overall being a better rapper. its whos lyrically the best

but that's the thing, wtf does that even mean? does that mean i can just throw a bunch of of shit out there that doesn't even rhyme or meet any particular rhythm or cadence as long as it's "lyrical"? and what constitutes "lyricism" anyways? how do you grade lyricism? i know what the artist says is what matters, but how much of it is how the artist says it? and if the answer to the last question is "a lot", how much of "how the artist says it" is decided by cadence and rhythm? for example, which one of these lines is better:

"you may have had a cold inside of your chest but the fact is that you were never ill"

or

"you may have had a chest cold but you were never ill"

or can you determine which one is doper? does it depend on the beat that the line is spit on and/or the way it is spit? if so, do you not now get my point?

also, i know that you would argue that beats don't matter, but would K-Rino be as dope as he is now if he was spitting over beats like this?:

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
everyone likes canibus but when k rino spits like that (actually ks been around since before canibus so what i mean is canibus sounds like him) you say hes just trying to be a scientist or he uses too many multis

that's because Canibus does shit like this:

and because, as you can see in the second video where he's actually getting on a dope beat, he knows how to write a dope hook too. also, Canibus can ride a beat.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
i pointed out the multis because he tried comparing a bum to a wizard lol Ks got songs that arent all multis. if you listen to more then a handful of songs

i have listened to more than a handful of songs. i'm well aware that he does go on different topics. he still constantly uses multis in his storytelling tracks and when he isn't using multis he's still getting on weak beats and not even riding them well. don't get me wrong, i think K-Rino is dope as hell and he has impressed me quite a bit since i first found out about him back in like 2003 listening to DJ Screw, but if you want to claim he's the best lyricist out there, i beg to differ. he's not even top 15. i don't put Canibus up there either but C is still better than K-Rino.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
and i really think you guys are comparing rappers that have no business being compared to K

like who? i understand the bum rapper thing was a bit harsh, but who else doesn't deserve to be compared to him?

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
you say k isnt versatile eboyd? but you love percee p? i like percee p a lot. but he has 1 style

here's the thing though, Perce rides the beat well (most of the time), he can make a dope hook, he gets on good beats, his vocals actually improve the overall song musically speaking, and he knows how to word shit in a memorable way. K-Rino lacks all of these qualities on most of his songs.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
and about 30-40 songs in his 20 plus year career. thats some serious slacking. am i wrong about that?

i am not saying Perce doesn't have his faults. there's a good reason why he is as seasoned and skilled as he is but still nowhere near the fame level that the artists he inspired, was similar to, and/or networked with achieved. he has way more than 30 or 40 songs tho but w/e.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
i must of listened to 20 different "freestyles" with the same exact lyrics. gets pretty old the 15th time

all well known artists do that. go listen to some of Eminem's battles and "freestyles" and tell me that you didn't hear him repeat any lines. he even used the "you wouldn't sell two copies if you pressed a double album" line in his battle against Juice.

my point is this: go to a radio show or a filmed cypher for an underground network and ask around. i bet anything the artists there will tell you that while they freestyle here and there, the majority of the shit they spit at events like that is written. i myself write lyrics specifically for such events. Perce doesn't freestyle at all. he told me something that opened my eyes a bit. when i asked him why i never see him freestyle he said "why release material that isn't your very best?" now i can freestyle when i get into the mood for it. i just reserve my freestyling for when i'm with my boys in the studio or at my house just screwing around or vibing to beats. a few artists, like Supernatural, can get away with just straight freestyling all the time. most can't and don't need to.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
not to mention percee ALWAYS uses multis

no, he always uses internal rhymes. he uses multis quite often though. i have no problem with multis, but when you claim an artist isn't skilled because he isn't using multis that is just ridiculous.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
i think if percee put out a cd every 3 years he wouldnt be bumin you for rides. lol

haha, i absolutely agree. again, Perce does have some major faults. i think his biggest fault is that he is too passive. he lets opportunity pass him by because of it too. that is why he hasn't released much or gotten anywhere.

Quote (Adam)
I've listened to k-rino to much since my childhood since im from the southside and thats what i was surrounded by, so my opinion isn't biased. He is far from the best lyricist and big l is way better at that. He ain't the best story teller either thats slick rick.

word

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Thursday, 23/Dec/10, 10:43 PM | Message # 30

Heads
Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
notice how dirt wins by using all them multis? notice how the crowed reacts more towards the multis? notice how theres not beat and the multis dirt uses gets the crowed and he wins because of it?

no, Dirt won because his punches hit harder, he was funnier, and the way he said shit was better than the way Sell said shit. do internal rhymes and multis play a role in that? sure, depending on how they are used. don't try to simplify shit to one factor. K is dope. he uses a lot of multis. i don't hate multis, i just think you are overrating them. as i pointed out, you can use a lot of multis and still make a wack track.

Quote (Adam)
discredit? just cause were not fucking praising the lord known as k-rino doesn't mean we hate him. Are you implying percee p is more known than k-rino becuz thats not a truth from where im from. Also I have heard percee p i actually got his album, but I have never sat down and studied his versatile attributes if that clears it up.

hands down Percee P is far more well known then K-Rino bro. only in Texas is that not the case. however, i will say i knew of K-Rino before i knew of Percee P, though that was pure coincidence.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » K-RINO VS EVERYBODY (thread to discuss K-Rino)
Search: