[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » K-RINO VS EVERYBODY (thread to discuss K-Rino)
K-RINO VS EVERYBODY
TheHipHopSpot Date: Thursday, 23/Dec/10, 11:38 PM | Message # 31

OGs
he doesnt just throw stuff out there. he explains why hes better then you and why you suck. not you particularly. but like a battle style. even though its ok big l does. and he doesnt act like a scientist using "big words". even though its ok that canibus does LOL see what im saying? people are just looking for flaws they dont point out in other artists they like. what does lyrical mean to me? that i guess falls into the sacred untouchable "opinion" category. to me its not just about multis. its about using multiple multis about one subject, punchlines, storytelling, knowledge, etc... you also dont have to use multis all the time. K doesnt if you listen to a whole album through. k rino is versitile because he does all this and most rappers only have one or two of those attributes. now explain how k rino isnt versatile because that was one of your arguments of a good emcee. when percee is your favorite rapper and he has 1 style. and its not just freestyles either. he uses recycled verses in songs too. he does that as much as big l. but big l is dead! he has an excuse. thats why i say percee p should come out with another cd soon or die to boost his career. god forbid that happens. id rather have him live and not even spit a new verse then have another emcee die. and about canibus? lets just see what happens on his new cd because K will be on it. the hooks? well, if you have less then 50 songs i would expect you to have a decent hook, christ. he rides the beat well, K did too when he had good ones, checkout his first cds. and if you look up a k rino song with a shitty beat, the highest rated comment will probably say something like..."K makes any beat look good" hes well known for that. im sorry he has 40-50 songs 20 of them being recycled verses. yes eminem does repeat rhymes because that was in a battle, k rino doesnt battle. the whole multis thing? like i said, its how you use them, if you have multiple multi rhymes about the same subject. its rare. you say its because he used punchlines too and was funny. but i seen the crowed go NUTS when rappers just use multis that arent funny and without punchlines. the result is a collective WOOOOOOOOOOOH LOL

Added (23/Dec/10, 11:36 PM)
---------------------------------------------
holy shit i wrote a lot.

Added (23/Dec/10, 11:38 PM)
i wouldnt read that lol but i read yours!

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheHipHopSpot
SPC
http://southparkcoalition.webs.com/

Message edited by TheHipHopSpot - Thursday, 23/Dec/10, 11:42 PM
EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 23/Dec/10, 11:40 PM | Message # 32

Heads
i haven't heard enough K-Rino tracks really and i have a feeling neither have most of the people here

things i like about K-Rino are that lyrically he's a beast and his rhymes are thought provoking, his message is very easy to listen to as well it doesn't come out sounding judgemental, self important or just crazy like some others such as Canibus do,

things i don't like: i agree with the others, i don't like the beats he rhymes over and i think this definitely holds his albums back, however i can get past the fact his beats aren't the greatest so i can listen to him, another thing i don't like is some of the choruses and like eboyd said an artist needs to be more than just a lyricist but a song writer and be able to put good hooks etc together over good beats, idk who produces his beats but i'm guessing its probably one of his friends or himself and plus he's on an independent label so he doesn't really have the budget to be getting famous producers anyway.

everyone has their own favourite emcee's too, its not even necessarily about hows the most lyrical sometimes its about whos style you like better, sometimes i wonder if people like emcee's because they remind them of themselves or they see themselves in the emcee, btw k-rino is lyrical but he isn't the most lyrical either

but to really give a fair opinion on him i have to listen to his albums fully not just a few tracks

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
El_Matador Date: Thursday, 23/Dec/10, 11:42 PM | Message # 33

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
some people wanna fuck me because i'm a gay enabler/
pippity poo poo, gay sex, i wanna do your neighbor/
shut your blood clot you metamorphosism/
i've had gay anal sex with single cellular organisms/
i farted and out came my colon... hey look, rheumatism!/
i swam in a pool and someone called it feudalism/
those paintings on the wall sure look like ancient hieroglyphics/
my cryptic rhythmic lipstick hits quick and gets to specifics/
its thick and i use it to cure this syphilitic/
epileptic seizure in my leisure. you're a bad critic/
the rhythm. antidisestablishmentarianism/
supercalifragilisticexpialidocius colonialism/

What the fuck was that? :O

I gotta ask Rino for collabo. If you want to hear Rino over fat beats, you will. :D

MENACE 2 JOKER: Go back to Mexico you damn spic
JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

TheHipHopSpot Date: Thursday, 23/Dec/10, 11:47 PM | Message # 34

OGs
that was irrelevant lyrics. if it was about one subject it would makes sense. but its just a snippet of nothing. thats the exact same argument "lloydbanks4life24" said to me, he now loves K by the way. i was about to point that out too thanks for reminding me.

Added (23/Dec/10, 11:47 PM)
and how do you guys specify the argument like you do? @thisnigga?

Youtube
SPC
eboyd Date: Friday, 24/Dec/10, 2:07 AM | Message # 35

Heads
Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
he doesnt just throw stuff out there. he explains why hes better then you and why you suck. not you particularly. but like a battle style. even though its ok big l does

i never said he did just throw shit out there.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
he doesnt act like a scientist using "big words". even though its ok that canibus does LOL see what im saying?

neither of them just use big words for the sake of using big words. as someone who is smart enough to understand most of what K-Rino is saying i know that he isn't just throwing shit out there that means nothing and makes no sense. if he was i wouldn't be a fan of his. the only reasons i don't own any of his albums are 1. his production is mediocre at best, and 2. i can only listen to his music in moderation. between his production, his flow, and his lyrics being extremely densely packed, it makes his music a tough listen. what NtG meant when he said that he's acting like a scientist was that he is overly complex, to the point that it is unnecessary. complexity can be a good or a bad thing. it is good in moderation. there's also a point where a track that is complex gets too complex and becomes no longer memorable. K often passes that point with his music, and it doesn't help that his beats aren't great.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
people are just looking for flaws they dont point out in other artists they like

no, i'm explaining the reasons why K-Rino's fan base is smaller even than most somewhat well known underground emcees that don't sell very well.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
what does lyrical mean to me? that i guess falls into the sacred untouchable "opinion" category

then why are you debating it? didn't you say you wanted to avoid opinion here?

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
to me its not just about multis. its about using multiple multis about one subject, punchlines, storytelling, knowledge, etc... you also dont have to use multis all the time. K doesnt if you listen to a whole album through. k rino is versitile because he does all this and most rappers only have one or two of those attributes

exactly. there are a lot of different attributes required even to simply be a good lyricist. i named several that even Percee P, who i will admit is a one trick pony, has that K-Rino doesn't. like i said, there's a good reason Perce is signed to Stones Throw and K-Rino isn't. there's a reason Perce moves more units than K does. i mentioned those reasons in my last comment.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
now explain how k rino isnt versatile because that was one of your arguments of a good emcee. when percee is your favorite rapper and he has 1 style.

i already explained what i meant in the above comment. i think versatile probably isn't the best word. what i really meant was that he isn't well rounded. he only really has one thing going for him as an emcee. like i said, his flow isn't the best, he isn't very good at writing hooks, the beats he gets on aren't very good, etc. those are very important things when it comes to emceeing. because he doesn't have those things, despite how dope his lyrics are it is a tedious task for a listener to listen to a full album let alone keep his music on rotate in their playlist.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
and its not just freestyles either. he uses recycled verses in songs too. he does that as much as big l. but big l is dead! he has an excuse.

he recycled verses from his earlier works to his first album. almost no one heard his early work. Perseverance was his first project that got proper promotion. tell me, had you heard of Percee P prior to Perseverance? outside of that, he had verses he spit on radio that he later spit on wax (something even Big Daddy Kane and Kool G Rap did) and lines here and there that he used in a few different tracks. that isn't uncommon in hip hop.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
thats why i say percee p should come out with another cd soon

i agree. when i was driving to Hollywood with him in my car i told him he'd better not make his fans wait another 20 years for a new album lol. we spoke about some stuff in that regard but i'm not at liberty to talk about it ;) let's just say that Percee P fans won't be disappointed this time around.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
ill admit percee rides the beat well, the hooks? well, if you have less then 50 songs i would expect you to have a decent hook, christ

wouldn't it be the opposite? like, the more songs he has you'd expect more good hooks? i'm confused.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
he rides the beat well, K did too when he had good ones, checkout his first cds

for expedience please post a few. thx.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
if you look up a k rino song with a shitty beat, the highest rated comment will probably say something like..."K makes any beat look good" hes well known for that.

yeah, and those are all 200 of his fans saying that lmao! dude, K doesn't have very many fans. that's why he doesn't have many. of course ppl that like him are going to say that. those ppl are the ones like you who don't care. the average person would be more likely to be a K-Rino fan if he just stopped rapping over beats and started spitting acappellas.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
im sorry he has 40-50 songs 20 of them being recycled verses

Perce has several hundred songs and, while many have recycled verses, most don't. obviously i've heard a lot more of his work than you have.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
yes eminem does repeat rhymes because that was in a battle, k rino doesnt battle

your point? you were talking about Perce repeating rhymes. i mentioned that he's not the only person that does that and gets away with it. that was all i was talking about. i said nothing about K-Rino.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
the whole multis thing? like i said, its how you use them, if you have multiple multi rhymes about the same subject. its rare

ok, i agree. you didn't say that tho. you just said multis make a verse dope and didn't even elaborate.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
you say its because he used punchlines too and was funny. but i seen the crowed go NUTS when rappers just use multis that arent funny and without punchlines. the result is a collective WOOOOOOOOOOOH LOL

i've never seen that. i've seen rappers spit multis that were also dope ways of saying something crazy. this happens in tracks too. multis and internal rhymes can enhance the effect of a dope line. for example, Edan was talking about being dope with a pen, but he said it like this:

"illustrate skill with the quill to build stanzas"

that shit made the line dope. there's more to it than just multis though. the actual line was amazing because it was just a creative way of saying it.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

TheWatcher Date: Friday, 24/Dec/10, 5:15 AM | Message # 36

Heads
Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
but i seen the crowed go NUTS when rappers just use multis that arent funny and without punchlines.

If you're just rhyming shit in a battle and don't have punchlines / aren't funny you're going to lose, unless your opponent is a crackhead or just abnormally wack.

eboyd Date: Friday, 24/Dec/10, 5:24 AM | Message # 37

Heads
^^^ exactly

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

NtG Date: Friday, 24/Dec/10, 11:02 AM | Message # 38

Heads
Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
and he doesnt act like a scientist using "big words". even though its ok that canibus does LOL see what im saying? people are just looking for flaws they dont point out in other artists they like.

really? cuz thats why i HATE Canibus and Afu-Ra, i never said anything good about canibus in this thread. Dont twist what im saying

[deleted]
NtG Date: Friday, 24/Dec/10, 11:07 AM | Message # 39

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
what NtG meant when he said that he's acting like a scientist was that he is overly complex, to the point that it is unnecessary. complexity can be a good or a bad thing. it is good in moderation. there's also a point where a track that is complex gets too complex and becomes no longer memorable.

Also this^

[deleted]
Lord_Meth Date: Friday, 24/Dec/10, 11:37 AM | Message # 40

Heads
All ur bace belongz tu Shadrach Kabango B)

I honestly havent listened to K-Rino because of u guys debating about him all the time lol
If it wasnt for u guys I wouldve checked him out already
Im worried Ill just be wasting precious space on my MP3 just to listen to an unmusical MC

And from the things Im hearing...He is very lacking in song creating skills...

Im moved on from my old tastes where I used to listen to the likes of Canibus, Chino XL, Vinnie..Mcs of tht "hardcore lyrical" perspective.
I listen to songs that have, what Erik says, are more rounded and memorable. I guess that type of ear comes with age and maturity.

Ill pass on K-Rino....

Sick With It
TheHipHopSpot Date: Friday, 24/Dec/10, 4:37 PM | Message # 41

OGs
i think your over analyzing things just a bit....and obviously taken it seriously calling me a faggot. lol and when you say stuff like hes overly complex to the point that it is unnecessary, thats an opinion. i dont know why lord meth is going to pass on someone based on someone elses opinion but whatever. and you say youre trying to explain why his fan base is smaller, but thats not at all what this conversation is about. its not about who has the most fans, you have to read your replys to me over and compress them or something homie. theres also another reason why ks not signed to stones throw. because hes on his own label and doesnt have to have people taken money from him. there still really is no reason why percee shouldnt come out with more work. you mentioned those songs before he became popular were basically redone so it makes his archives of songs look weaker. if he had more albums he would have different flows but for some reason never tried. lol percee ps coming out with a new cd? ya i heard dr dre was too. i pointed out he had good hooks because he has very few songs and if you dont have that many songs to do, i would expect them to be good and not shitty. like most rappers after they come out with a lot of music they get worse. "for expedience please post a few". thanks. thats KEY right there for my argument. youre comparing other rappers to K and saying this and that about him, THEN ask me to post something because you havent checked it out yet, meaning youre arguing about something you dont know about. and if percee has hundreds of songs? tell him to release them already. not to mention you say this and that you want in an emcee and dont apply it on your own songs. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Youtube
SPC
eboyd Date: Friday, 24/Dec/10, 6:44 PM | Message # 42

Heads
Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
i think your over analyzing things just a bit....and obviously taken it seriously calling me a faggot

when you make stupid comments to try to discredit me based on my opinion i'm going to get pissed and call you a faggot because you are being one.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
when you say stuff like hes overly complex to the point that it is unnecessary, thats an opinion

no, it's a fact that that's the reason you are one of K's few fans. the only thing factual about music is consensus opinion. if we want to have a fact based argument we need only to look at stats. K-Rino has very little fans even for a well known underground emcee and i've already laid out the reasons.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
i dont know why lord meth is going to pass on someone based on someone elses opinion but whatever

the same reason A&R's and even other known hip hop artists hear peoples' opinions and don't fuck with someone based off of them. he heard our arguments and can get an idea of what kind of artist K is and he doesn't care to hear his music anymore.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
you say youre trying to explain why his fan base is smaller, but thats not at all what this conversation is about

wtf is it about then??? are we going to argue about whose opinion is superior??? what else is factual about this debate??? K can come with crazy lyrics all day, but until he gets everything tight and not just one aspect of his craft he won't be one of the illest of all time in the eyes of the people.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
its not about who has the most fans, you have to read your replys to me over and compress them or something homie

the fact that he has so little fans even in comparison to other underground artists who don't base their style off a gimmick shows that he is obviously not doing something right. i could understand if we were comparing record sales between K and a commercial artist but i'm not.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
theres also another reason why ks not signed to stones throw. because hes on his own label and doesnt have to have people taken money from him

neither do the artists on Stones Throw. they don't get raped by labels like major artists do. and FYI, K still has to give a percentage of the money he makes to his distribution companies.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
there still really is no reason why percee shouldnt come out with more work. you mentioned those songs before he became popular were basically redone so it makes his archives of songs look weaker. if he had more albums he would have different flows but for some reason never tried. lol

this is not about Perce. he needs to put out more work. i agree. move on.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
percee ps coming out with a new cd? ya i heard dr dre was too

stfu

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
i pointed out he had good hooks because he has very few songs and if you dont have that many songs to do, i would expect them to be good and not shitty

good for you

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
"for expedience please post a few". thanks. thats KEY right there for my argument. youre comparing other rappers to K and saying this and that about him, THEN ask me to post something because you havent checked it out yet, meaning youre arguing about something you dont know about

you are an idiot. i'm done arguing with you

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
if percee has hundreds of songs? tell him to release them already.

blah blah blah

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
not to mention you say this and that you want in an emcee and dont apply it on your own songs.

dance

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

TheHipHopSpot Date: Friday, 24/Dec/10, 6:59 PM | Message # 43

OGs
Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
percee ps coming out with a new cd? ya i heard dr dre was too

quote (eboyd)
stfu

lol im just kidding, youre obviously getting mad and cant handle having a conversation without childish name calling. that sucks. i thought you were more mature then that. you were actually making some points until you let your anger get the best of you. this is what happens when you try to have an in depth argument on the computer. a whole lot of miscommunication apparently.

eboyd-
you are an idiot. i'm done arguing with you
faggot
stfu
blah blah blah (lol)
good for you

thats some childish shit homie.

Youtube
SPC
GOATGOD Date: Wednesday, 13/Jul/11, 1:32 PM | Message # 44

Watchers
Canibus was always my favorite lyricist, until I found out about K. Now 20+ cds later thru his discography I am certain of the fact that there is no writer that can be compared to him K-Rino except maybe Stephen King. There is no one in rap that is creative as he is (I mean who has cliffhangers on their albums). I wish more people knew about him, because not many rappers please their fans with 3+ new bad ass albums each year like he does.
Adam Date: Wednesday, 13/Jul/11, 6:37 PM | Message # 45

B-Girls
GOATGOD lol

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » K-RINO VS EVERYBODY (thread to discuss K-Rino)
Search: