[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » BET Banned Artist List
BET Banned Artist List
Menace Date: Wednesday, 04/Jul/12, 9:56 AM | Message # 1

Heads
Its incredible
http://slumz.boxden.com/f87/bet-banned-artist-list-400293/

Adam Date: Wednesday, 04/Jul/12, 10:52 AM | Message # 2

B-Girls
Making it on that list would be somewhat of an accomplishment lol

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!

Message edited by Adam - Wednesday, 04/Jul/12, 10:53 AM
EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 05/Jul/12, 1:33 AM | Message # 3

Heads
man thats fuckin crazy.

I saw this on facebook yesterday too, its originally from 2005, apparently buckshot was talking about it in xxl back then, but is there a link to buckshots xxl interview ? or a source or this? i haven't been able to find one.

its pretty fucked up if its true, coz a lot of those good rappers dropped good albums around that time and BET went out of their way to make sure their videos didn't get played

really surprised at Bone Thugs being banned

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Melhex Date: Thursday, 05/Jul/12, 6:48 PM | Message # 4

Emcees
That's cool we just enjoy the no spin banned list in this forum. The names start with LIL something and there cash money trash. Gucci mane and many others i don't want to waste my time in this box naming. Will just say the majority of 3rd grade rhymers with there cat in the hat bullshit.

"If hip hop should die before I wake
I'll put an extended clip and body 'em all day
Roll to every station, wreck the DJ"

Nas

The Artisan (AKA) The Answer

Message edited by Melhex - Thursday, 05/Jul/12, 6:49 PM
Lord_Meth Date: Friday, 06/Jul/12, 10:47 AM | Message # 5

Heads
WOOOOW!
That's fucking trippy!
This goes to show you that you would be a fool to NOT believe that there is an ulterior motive in the upper ranks of the music industry. Smh. This is an evil ass world, man.

Sick With It
Adam Date: Friday, 06/Jul/12, 6:55 PM | Message # 6

B-Girls
The list is from 2005 though right?

Menace Date: Friday, 06/Jul/12, 7:55 PM | Message # 7

Heads
Apparently yes, the list is from 2005. But put aside the wtf and think corporate. I mean its obvious they do such things, even without a list, this list just shows that music is dictated and created by people that have no musical qualifications. I've been saying this for YEARS on this website and all over. And we all know corporate contracts have clauses giving corporate lieutenants power to dictate what the artists should make. Music is becoming a commodity, just like the mass produced toys that broke after 1 hour. I'm sorry, i know you guys don't like to get political, but that's what it is. Watch this video and you will see what i am saying.

Greeny Date: Friday, 06/Jul/12, 9:47 PM | Message # 8

OGs
Well, naturally they will have motives in it, but there are only two strong enough motivators to fuel a conspiracy like that. Money and religion. I don't think they're the most morally bound people, these entertainment big guys, and seeing as it's already a big business, it's obvious there is and was only one motive, not an ulterior one, just a potentially complex one, which is money, naturally.
In a business, to get far you gotta be a clever little devil. Either brilliant and honest or clever and amoral.

I remain skeptical of how genuine the list is. Seems someone just named a ton of artists they like that they feel aren't popular enough and claim it's because a conspiracy against good music. I don't get why Nate Dogg is up there either. He made good choruses that sold well, worked with huge stars like Snoop and Dre and Eminem and 50 Cent and such.

And what's up with the other hot music conspiracy theory? The one with label executives trynna higher crime rates through music so they can pocket in on the private prison investments? The one with the suits and the apemen?
Prison seems a bit lame though, drugs would be a better fitting theory. Music and drugs go hand in hand. Have done for a long time.

:)
Adam Date: Friday, 06/Jul/12, 10:12 PM | Message # 9

B-Girls
Quote (Greeny)
drugs would be a better fitting theory

MUSIC ABOUT DRUGS! :3

Greeny Date: Friday, 06/Jul/12, 10:21 PM | Message # 10

OGs
Rap and reggae is weed. Techno and house is ecstacy and speed, metal and hard rock is heroine and cocaine? And children's music is LSD.
idk, but it seems like almost all genres of music relate to some specific drug.

Adam Date: Friday, 06/Jul/12, 10:23 PM | Message # 11

B-Girls
my music is oxice.

Greeny Date: Friday, 06/Jul/12, 10:28 PM | Message # 12

OGs
Oxycotin.

Melhex Date: Saturday, 07/Jul/12, 0:15 AM | Message # 13

Emcees
Don't want to offend anyone but the music nowadays or at least on the radio is made for women and gay people. This is my opinion. I turn on the radio and on the so called hip hop channel they looping songs with singing on it. Than when they get to the so called hip hop song its some bullshit song with a catchy hook to keep your mind off of the lack of words embedded in the song which makes it utter bullshit even a 6 year old could do....I wrote this paragraph after 3 24 ounces of mickeys and a shot of vodka... UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! ...lol

The Artisan (AKA) The Answer
EmSeeD Date: Saturday, 07/Jul/12, 0:34 AM | Message # 14

Heads
Quote (Greeny)
I remain skeptical of how genuine the list is. Seems someone just named a ton of artists they like that they feel aren't popular enough and claim it's because a conspiracy against good music. I don't get why Nate Dogg is up there either. He made good choruses that sold well, worked with huge stars like Snoop and Dre and Eminem and 50 Cent and such.

Most of the artists on that list had put recent albums out, this is 2005 so it was when the auto tune and ring tone era was in, which fits in with Nate Dogg's new music being banned since Nate Dogg didn't sing in auto tune or make ringtone music. Nate Dogg was the chorus king in the early 2000's, then 2005 - 2008 two guys Akon and T-Pain took over as "the chorus guys". I remember in 2005 "I'm Strung" and "I'm In Love With A Stripper" by T-Pain was everywhere, T-Pain and Akon were on nearly every song, while Nate Dogg's music was fading into obscurity. According to whoever wrote this conspiracy, BET banned these guys because they only wanted to play music that related to black teenage girls, that fits with what Melhex says too. I mean look at the mainstream rappers out there, they're all feminine as fuck, I was thinking maybe its all the gay fashion designers who dress these guys, but these guys are just in it for the money and they know the money comes from teenage girls lol. I'm not saying I believe the conspiracy theory though coz I haven't seen any official source for it but it wouldn't surprise me if it was true

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Greeny Date: Saturday, 07/Jul/12, 1:06 AM | Message # 15

OGs
Right, hadn't thought of that... Well, wasn't ever in touch enough to say which musician was hot. We're so secluded out here :[ But yeah, the time makes sense. Doesn't make it true though, just makes it possible. Not that senseless shit is impossible.
idk, it's 6 in the morning.
Why black teenage girls in particular? Is there something about a vibrating voice that makes blacks super horny? That'd be disastrous in Kenya or Uganda. Maybe that's their side business... HIV help funds or research. They don't like ashy skin anyway and it's on the other side of the world in the experimental continent, so it doesn't affect them white toms in black suits.

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » BET Banned Artist List
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: