[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » The Most Intelligent Hip Hop Song ((The most intelligent hip hop song you can think of?))
The Most Intelligent Hip Hop Song
I_Guy Date: Tuesday, 16/Dec/08, 11:04 PM | Message # 1

Heads
Personally I think "Nature of the Threat" by Ras Kass is up there in rank.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
eboyd_ Date: Tuesday, 16/Dec/08, 11:21 PM | Message # 2

Removed
I can't say that for me. It feels almost as though he is saying that the white race is inferior, even though he is just discussing his interpretation of scientific fact, which, in itself, is ignorant.

This topic is pretty abstract and subjective though. What do you define as "intelligent"? There is such a broad criterion. I don't want to get into philosophy though. I personally feel Saul Williams has put out quite a few intelligent tracks. I feel that I have too. Aesop Rock's "No Regrets" is pretty "intelligent." I find Insight to be a prolific writer, whether it is a rap track or a paper of some sort. He is an absolute master of the English language. "Positions Of Strength" by the Heiruspecs was crazy. There are a lot more too.

eboyd_ Date: Tuesday, 16/Dec/08, 11:26 PM | Message # 3

Removed
Oh, and Edan's "Beauty"
eboyd_ Date: Tuesday, 16/Dec/08, 11:28 PM | Message # 4

Removed
Also, Dalek have some prolific tracks. Same with Vast Aire and Dose One from cLOUDDEAD. El-P is really good at writing too.
EmSeeD Date: Wednesday, 17/Dec/08, 3:34 AM | Message # 5

Heads
"Who Is God (The Mystery)" - Rakim.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
I_Guy Date: Wednesday, 17/Dec/08, 4:28 AM | Message # 6

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
What do you define as "intelligent"?

I guess what I mean is just a display of vast knowledge. I agree, Ras Kass is definitely suggesting that whites are inferior, which is sort of ignorant. But I select that song because it displays a vast knowledge of several topics from science to philosophy to humanities.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
Kiba Date: Wednesday, 17/Dec/08, 8:12 AM | Message # 7

Emcees
Anything by Mike Ladd and Saul Williams!
If you can handle abstract poetry and abstract hip hop they are prob the best out.
There IQ would have to be pretty high, especially Mike Ladd every album iv got from him i needed a dictionary for each track lol

Quote (eboyd)
he is just discussing his interpretation of scientific fact, which, in itself, is ignorant.

Agreed

I looked at the moon so full and so bright
And then at the fireplace with its flickering light
And realised why this world will never be right

eboyd_ Date: Wednesday, 17/Dec/08, 2:36 PM | Message # 8

Removed
I've heard of Mike Ladd but never heard him. I'll check him out now. Thx!
Acekat00o Date: Wednesday, 17/Dec/08, 2:43 PM | Message # 9

Heads
Nas - N.Y State of Mind (both parts)

Graffiti
Menace Date: Wednesday, 17/Dec/08, 3:17 PM | Message # 10

Heads
in certain ways the historical proofs shows us that black people had a civilization way before caucasian people in fact Ancient Greeks were thought and schooled by Black Egyptians and Kushite's many interpretations of the holy books shows the divinity of black people but thats another way of interpretation Rass Kass is a member of NOI or The Nation Of God And Earths so in those religious sects white man criticism is normal

ohh and hip hop lives is a intteligent song

prozac26 Date: Wednesday, 17/Dec/08, 9:10 PM | Message # 11

Emcees

The Truth by Pharoahe Monch, Common and Talib Kweli

This song is deep, can listen to this all day.

This is good also:

Whatever It Takes by Joe Budden

Nalin' Palin

Lord_Meth Date: Thursday, 18/Dec/08, 8:50 PM | Message # 12

Heads
These are THE most intelligent songs ever and I can say that confidently
Canibus - Channel Zero (Original Version)

Jedi Mind Tricks - Uncommon Valor

Immortal Tech - Obnoxious

Sick With It
ilikebacon3000 Date: Thursday, 18/Dec/08, 9:18 PM | Message # 13

Emcees
Im sorry but there is NO WAY you can listen to that Ras Kass track "Nature of the threat" and say its not racist.
Im not racist at all. I read the lyrics and hes a deep rapper but im sorry i honestly think he so racist himself hes blind to his own predujuice. It sickens me. If i came out with a song that said something equvilent to this i would be bashed so hard. I mean the whole jesus thing, I take that really offinsivly. That is....appaling. The race thing is understandable as black people WERE slighted alot. But I dont think that just because your white its in ur genes to hate black people, let alone be all uptight, hateful and christan. Shit jews are white! He contrdicts himself in his own songs! Wait, no.... Idk. Its so fucking confusing. I just think that, that guy is a raw ass emcee but I think his philsophy about the white race/christanity is complete and utter bullshit and that it came straight out of his ass.
Lol
Im going to get bashed hard its just that song.... Idk. he is fucking raw its just.... He... He is racist himself..."Understand all whites must be perceived as potential predators"
I might as well say
"Understand all minortys must be percived as gangbanging,drug dealing hooligans"
Its all the same
Skin is nothing but god given clothes and any racist of any color is a complete was of sperm and egg and deserve to be hung upside down by there toes. Damn
That guy is rawww as fuck yet is totally fucked up in the head........

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
LyricalContent Date: Thursday, 18/Dec/08, 11:14 PM | Message # 14

Emcees
that Immortal Tech joint Ill !!!!!

For the preaching of the cross is to them that
perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God
1 Cor 1:18
http:
//www.youtube.com/user/thelastgreatone

The grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the Word of our God shall stand forever
is:40,8
PNobleDaLyricist Date: Friday, 19/Dec/08, 1:38 PM | Message # 15

Emcees
Rewind

Mainground

RHHF rap

16-7-0 69%(if u round its 70% doe) tournaments won =1

tournament record: 4-3

exhibition record: 12-4

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » The Most Intelligent Hip Hop Song ((The most intelligent hip hop song you can think of?))
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: