[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » DJ Premier Comments On Nas In Interview
DJ Premier Comments On Nas In Interview
EmSeeD Date: Monday, 12/Jan/09, 0:07 AM | Message # 1

Heads
http://rapgodfathers.com/news....cessful

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
EmSeeD Date: Monday, 12/Jan/09, 0:12 AM | Message # 2

Heads
Nas fans aren't the only ones who wish the Queens rapper would reconnect with all the producers who helped put together his classic debut album Illmatic. In a recent interview with Goods Magazine, DJ Premier revealed that he would like to link up with Nas and the other producers who worked on Illmatic for a new album.

"I wish Nas would do an album again with just the original team,' said Primo."Me, Q-Tip, Large Professor, Pete Rock and L.E.S. We all went in like we knew we had to."

"I remember Tip bringing me 'One Love' and I was like 'Damn, I had to go and fix mine'. I had to change my 'Represent' beat just to compete with them," Primo reminisced. "Pete played me 'The World Is Yours' before the beat was done and I was like 'Yo, I gotta make another banger' and that’s when I did 'New York State Of Mind'.

"Large Pro was really the originator of Nas' style musically because he took a chance on him, so Large Pro is really the important factor of Nas' career," Primo continued. "So I don’t know how you don't go back to Large. If Nas would get to do one album with all of us again it would be over successful because we all gonna come with it."

Premier's production has been absent from Nas' and Jay-Z's projects in the past years. Primo claims he has sent beats to both rappers but they never make the final product. Despite being turned down, Primo has no ill feelings towards them.

"I'm not bitter, my main thing is just let me know you're not gonna use it. That gets me a little bothered because if you know me just say 'It ain't it Preem'. I'm cool," he explained. "I pee standing up, I’m all man so I’m not gonna get sensitive about that. Those are my dudes".

eboyd Date: Monday, 12/Jan/09, 0:22 AM | Message # 3

Heads
They should grab a new dude to do a beat too. I'd love to hear this album and add one track from 9th Wonder too. Or how about maybe Damu The fudgemunk.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Monday, 12/Jan/09, 0:24 AM | Message # 4

Heads
yeah it just sucks that nas has rejected beats Premo has sent him. perhaps even for his last album which is crazy

eboyd Date: Monday, 12/Jan/09, 0:47 AM | Message # 5

Heads
I agree. That is why I wasn't so fond of Untitled. The beats, minus like 3, sucked.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Monday, 12/Jan/09, 1:25 AM | Message # 6

Heads
i predict that my boy Schwapp (Dilla4ever) is going to post here just after me.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Dilla4Ever Date: Monday, 12/Jan/09, 1:26 AM | Message # 7

Rappers
Preem still has plenty of heat I just dont understand it hes the GOAT....I mean an example of a beat Jay-Z turned down for "American Gangster" Ill Bill snatched it it's called "Society is Brainwashed" the beat is bannanas I mean hey what can you say....Too me that american gangster shit was awful production besides the two beats from my man Pharell and Untitled as well was trashy as fuck wit the beats. Beat for beat no one can compete with the man I just dont get it.....
eboyd Date: Monday, 12/Jan/09, 1:27 AM | Message # 8

Heads
now you can all call me Nostradamus biggrin

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Monday, 12/Jan/09, 1:28 AM | Message # 9

Heads
i feel you on that Schwapp.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Dilla4Ever Date: Monday, 12/Jan/09, 1:36 AM | Message # 10

Rappers
I like the pic Boyd wit Percee P and Lord Finesse....... by the way you gotta checc these vids on youtube Pete Rosenberg and DJ Premier called pocketmentary or sumthn like that great shit.....Pete Rosenberg interviews Preem its three diff pts to it then on top of that Rosenburg asks thee opinions of Kanye West,Luda, Eric Sermon, Common, DJ Cipha Sounds...its pretty cool.....you also have to checc on youtube Preem and Pharell kiccn talkin bout hiphop and jokin telln stories about Busta and the best part of this video is Pharell bowing down to Preem its fuccn classic material!!!!!!!!!!
eboyd Date: Monday, 12/Jan/09, 1:37 AM | Message # 11

Heads
don't you wonder what he might call it though? we have Illmatic and Stillmatic. it would have to be in the same line. maybe Dopematic?

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Dilla4Ever Date: Monday, 12/Jan/09, 1:42 AM | Message # 12

Rappers
Hey just think of a Nas album with production from DJ Premier,Pete Rock,Large Pro,9th Wonder,Jay Electronica, and an exclusive donut from the late great Dilla I'd cream in my fuckin pants oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eboyd Date: Monday, 12/Jan/09, 1:51 AM | Message # 13

Heads
Quote (Dilla4Ever)
I like the pic Boyd wit Percee P and Lord Finesse....... by the way you gotta checc these vids on youtube Pete Rosenberg and DJ Premier called pocketmentary or sumthn like that great shit.....Pete Rosenberg interviews Preem its three diff pts to it then on top of that Rosenburg asks thee opinions of Kanye West,Luda, Eric Sermon, Common, DJ Cipha Sounds...its pretty cool.....you also have to checc on youtube Preem and Pharell kiccn talkin bout hiphop and jokin telln stories about Busta and the best part of this video is Pharell bowing down to Preem its fuccn classic material!!!!!!!!!!

thanks! i've seen the Premo/Pharrell clip but not the other one.

Quote (Dilla4Ever)
Hey just think of a Nas album with production from DJ Premier,Pete Rock,Large Pro,9th Wonder,Jay Electronica, and an exclusive donut from the late great Dilla I'd cream in my fuckin pants oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK YES!!!!! me too!!!!

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Tuesday, 13/Jan/09, 8:03 PM | Message # 14

Rappers
i wanna hear Nas Over an MF beat!

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

TUMBLR CLICK CLICK CLICK!
Dilla4Ever Date: Tuesday, 13/Jan/09, 11:54 PM | Message # 15

Rappers
Quote (EYAR15)
i wanna hear Nas Over an MF beat!

I second that... I also wanna see him with Madlib damn the possibilities

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » DJ Premier Comments On Nas In Interview
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: