[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Unpopular Hip Hop Opinions You Wish To Be Respected (Unpopular Hip Hop Opinions You Wish To Be Respected)
Unpopular Hip Hop Opinions You Wish To Be Respected
Menace Date: Friday, 30/Jan/09, 10:41 PM | Message # 106

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)
and guru is overrated!!!!
Gang Starr gets their credit all because of one person..DJ Premier

Guru is overrated ?? are u crazy ?? Gang Starr is the most classic underground group they were underground but they still be famous did you hear Guru so often all around ?? i don't hear him so i don't know if u could call him overrated plus Guru his a genuine prophet he can still fuck whit u street wise and he can still bring knowledge to the table too

Lord_Meth Date: Friday, 30/Jan/09, 10:42 PM | Message # 107

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)
no he's overrated a tad bit, hes not as good as Black Thought or Mos Def so hes kinda overrated but hes still one of the best but hes not in a top 25 list

^^^^

Sick With It
Menace Date: Friday, 30/Jan/09, 10:43 PM | Message # 108

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)
no he's overrated a tad bit, hes not as good as Black Thought or Mos Def so hes kinda overrated but hes still one of the best but hes not in a top 25 list

even a tad bit Meth even a tad bit i walked around in hip hop circles and even hip hop heads didn't know who Guru is

Lord_Meth Date: Friday, 30/Jan/09, 10:45 PM | Message # 109

Heads
Quote (Menace)
even a tad bit Meth even a tad bit i walked around in hip hop circles and even hip hop heads didn't know who Guru is

Yea I see wat u saying

Alot of people dont know who he is true people recognize Premo before they remember Guru

but with the people who do kno who he is, they tend to overrate him

Moment of Truth tho he did show he was a excellent MC but on Above the Clouds, Inspectah Deck proved that Guru wasnt a top 25 Mc cuz Inspectah Deck destroyed that song

Sick With It
PNobleDaLyricist Date: Friday, 30/Jan/09, 10:47 PM | Message # 110

Emcees
just cuz he aint better den a few MC's in your opinion dont mean he overrated doe

Mainground

RHHF rap

16-7-0 69%(if u round its 70% doe) tournaments won =1

tournament record: 4-3

exhibition record: 12-4

Lord_Meth Date: Friday, 30/Jan/09, 10:49 PM | Message # 111

Heads
Quote (PNobleDaLyricist)
just cuz he aint better den a few MC's in your opinion dont mean he overrated doe

I feel ya on that

Sick With It
Menace Date: Friday, 30/Jan/09, 10:50 PM | Message # 112

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)
Moment of Truth tho he did show he was a excellent MC but on Above the Clouds, Inspectah Deck proved that Guru wasnt a top 25 Mc cuz Inspectah Deck destroyed that song

one song is not relevant Meth!! like Gang Starr had 7 albums just listen to them all and listen to Guru's lyricism and check Guru's solo albums too the dude's longevity is a proof that he is above a top 25 i mean the Jazzmatazz volumes are pure gold both lyrical story telling and beats

Lord_Meth Date: Friday, 30/Jan/09, 10:52 PM | Message # 113

Heads
Quote (Menace)
one song is not relevant Meth!! like Gang Starr had 7 albums just listen to them all and listen to Guru's lyricism and check Guru's solo albums too the dude's longevity is a proof that he is above a top 25 i mean the Jazzmatazz volumes are pure gold both lyrical story telling and beats

Im listening to Moment of Truth as we speak Gang Starr's so called Greatest Album
And yea that i can agree with it is theri best album but Guru's lyrics arent mind blowing to me
Premo's beats r sensational tho

Sick With It
s0dr2 Date: Friday, 30/Jan/09, 10:52 PM | Message # 114

OGs
no more mr nice guy is a DOPE album....but gang starrs latter albums sound too commercialized with all the swearing and a few bad beats
....i mean the ownerz was crap

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Message edited by sodr2 - Friday, 30/Jan/09, 10:54 PM
Menace Date: Friday, 30/Jan/09, 10:55 PM | Message # 115

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
no more mr nice guy is a DOPE album....but gang starrs latter albums sound too commercialized with all the swearing and a few bad beats

no more mr nice guy has silly and alternative 80's hip hop music the latter albums of Gang Starr were like the adult version of Premo and Guru they grew one album at the time

Lord_Meth Date: Friday, 30/Jan/09, 10:58 PM | Message # 116

Heads
Quote (Menace)
they grew one album at the time

true alot of MCs do that

Im confused if thats wat Nas did or not

cuz he went commercial for a couple albums then started to grow as an MC and become more serious

Sick With It
EmSeeD Date: Saturday, 31/Jan/09, 3:32 PM | Message # 117

Heads
yeah nas did get commercial but he woke up.

Nas is like a modern day prophet.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 31/Jan/09, 3:35 PM | Message # 118

Heads
Quote (Em_SeeD)
yeah nas did get commercial but he woke up.
Nas is like a modern day prophet.

all we need now is Jay-Z to wake up...LMAO who am I playin he will never wake up

Sick With It
PNobleDaLyricist Date: Saturday, 31/Jan/09, 3:37 PM | Message # 119

Emcees
Quote (Lord_Meth)
all we need now is Jay-Z to wake up...LMAO who am I playin he will never wake up

he married beyonce'...its to late lol

Mainground

RHHF rap

16-7-0 69%(if u round its 70% doe) tournaments won =1

tournament record: 4-3

exhibition record: 12-4

Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 31/Jan/09, 3:38 PM | Message # 120

Heads
Quote (PNobleDaLyricist)
he married beyonce'...its to late lol

LMAO yea guess ur right

Sick With It
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Unpopular Hip Hop Opinions You Wish To Be Respected (Unpopular Hip Hop Opinions You Wish To Be Respected)
Search: