[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum » Off-Topic » Rant Forum » Nas says Drake is fresh water on dry land....
Nas says Drake is fresh water on dry land....
eboyd Date: Thursday, 31/Dec/09, 5:01 PM | Message # 181

Heads
Quote (ALCATRAZ)
Drake ain't that bad but he ain't that good either.

cosign

Quote (Lord_Meth)
I like Drake alot now.....He's starting to find his own style and I like him alot...Im actually anticipating his first LP

i wouldn't go that far, but his underground tracks before he got his deal, where he was working with Saukrates, Phonte, Elzhi, Kardinall Offishall, etc. are worth putting into a compilation along with a Kanye/Wayne free version of "Forever" with a different hook so that you can listen to it on a rare occasion.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Lord_Meth Date: Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 7:51 PM | Message # 182

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
i wouldn't go that far, but his underground tracks before he got his deal, where he was working with Saukrates, Phonte, Elzhi, Kardinall Offishall, etc. are worth putting into a compilation along with a Kanye/Wayne free version of "Forever" with a different hook so that you can listen to it on a rare occasion.

Theres this kid in my class who is a Lil Wayne Stan rite? and he's 100% convinced Wayne changed the game cuz he's that great...Now me not wanting to get into a debate about how he's not, I just said Drake is surperior than Wayne and he almost crapped his pants LMAO!

Sick With It
AruNavi Date: Sunday, 07/Mar/10, 1:19 PM | Message # 183

Emcees
Drake actually does songs with underground cats. The one he did with El and Phonte to me was nice. Drake puts his respect where it is needed. I do think he is a bit overrated and he has fabricated his story to the MAX. He can come up with some nice lines, but he was that Wayne factor of not staying on topic and just going places. Nas isn't a sell out though. He needs some money haha. Guy owes IRS over 3.mil

my girl friend

I am probably RHH4 asshole of the site lmao

THE PUREST MC=ME ARU NAVI My brother=Menace Uncharted
My wife=Chinita the Beautiful
My rival=LaPen
My niggas=Eboyd Kiba Pen LaPen Lord Meth P Noble NtG Render 11thPlauge

i woulda done rubber matches if i new u was gone bite Aru Navi/

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH i love this line

how did i bite aru navi? just curious...
uz every verse he did in dat battle, he tried flipping my verse every single time...it was work n until i won lol but yea u basically tried 2 flip da 1st verse like him
Aru Navi says-"Cause I beez da shitz." West Coast King Style

Adam Date: Sunday, 07/Mar/10, 3:21 PM | Message # 184

B-Girls
And all the $ he has to pay his wife. Nas does tracks wit rick ross and shit cuz he needs the $

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
ThaScience Date: Sunday, 07/Mar/10, 3:49 PM | Message # 185

OGs
eric has a really good opinion on hip hop. but he dont on nas.. saying illmatic isnt in his top 15 albums. untitled suck dick as much as relapse.. im not taking anything he says on nas serious until he shows a more balenced view on him which he never will. il give em props but he dont come close to nas.

btw "ususal suspects" is dope

Adam Date: Sunday, 07/Mar/10, 4:13 PM | Message # 186

B-Girls
At least erik acknowledges nas for making the goat diss track.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
AruNavi Date: Sunday, 07/Mar/10, 5:07 PM | Message # 187

Emcees
Ether is the greatest diss track? The Sauce by Em was sick as shit. Em SLAMMED da fuck out cats. Second Round KO was dirty as fuck by Bis. Ether was funny but hardly at all factual. I love that song doe. But the best???

my girl friend

I am probably RHH4 asshole of the site lmao

THE PUREST MC=ME ARU NAVI My brother=Menace Uncharted
My wife=Chinita the Beautiful
My rival=LaPen
My niggas=Eboyd Kiba Pen LaPen Lord Meth P Noble NtG Render 11thPlauge

i woulda done rubber matches if i new u was gone bite Aru Navi/

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH i love this line

how did i bite aru navi? just curious...
uz every verse he did in dat battle, he tried flipping my verse every single time...it was work n until i won lol but yea u basically tried 2 flip da 1st verse like him
Aru Navi says-"Cause I beez da shitz." West Coast King Style

eboyd Date: Monday, 08/Mar/10, 1:02 AM | Message # 188

Heads
Quote (ThaScience)
eric has a really good opinion on hip hop. but he dont on nas.. saying illmatic isnt in his top 15 albums. untitled suck dick as much as relapse.. im not taking anything he says on nas serious until he shows a more balenced view on him which he never will. il give em props but he dont come close to nas.

:D nah man, really though, from where i'm standing, your views (along with most so-called "real hip hop heads") are the biased ones. i hear way too many cats act like Nas is the second coming of Christ or something and i just don't see the appeal. maybe it's because i'm not as "street" as the average RHHH, but i just don't see it. i don't get what makes him so great. he's not the best lyricist, he's not the best overall rhyme writer, he doesn't have the best flow and delivery, etc. what he has is an x-factor that somehow attracts street cats more than any other emcee. it doesn't appeal to me. i made a conscious choice to avoid that street life and when i hear about it, my ears usually turn off unless the beats are just that dope, and, while Illmatic has dope beats, i can think of several albums off the top that, imo, have better production. but yeah, this is about Drake, not Nas lol :D

Quote (ThaScience)
btw "ususal suspects" is dope

i am actually looking forward to it. i liked "Road To Zion" and i'm feeling the tracks they've released so far, so it is something that does, in fact, spark my interest.

Quote (AruNavi)
Ether is the greatest diss track? The Sauce by Em was sick as shit. Em SLAMMED da fuck out cats. Second Round KO was dirty as fuck by Bis. Ether was funny but hardly at all factual. I love that song doe. But the best???

a diss doesn't have to be factual lol. as long as the diss is dope, it's dope. and ftr, Jay-Z's career did get an initial boost from Nas, so his points were, in fact, valid. now i will admit that verse 1 and 2 were not "best diss ever" material, but the third verse more than made up for that.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Tuesday, 09/Mar/10, 6:21 PM | Message # 189

Heads
i was defending Drake before but now i've realized Drake sucks Melhex was right, he sucks he's very overrated

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Forum » Off-Topic » Rant Forum » Nas says Drake is fresh water on dry land....
Search: