[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum » Off-Topic » Rant Forum » Nas says Drake is fresh water on dry land....
Nas says Drake is fresh water on dry land....
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 01/Jul/09, 4:24 AM | Message # 16

Heads
Quote (PNobleDaLyricist)
Nas killed both tracks and all mainstream artist on dere stepped dey game up 2 make da tracks halfway decent...none of em sucked

1. there were 5 tracks posted there. 3 i couldn't directly link because it said "embedding disabled"
2. you call "my president is black/my Lambo's blue/and i'll be goddamned if my rims ain't too" a step up??!?!?!?!? LMFAO!!!! and that track with Ross and the other one with Wayne was FUCKING GARBAGE, even more so than "Make The World Go Round" which was the most garbage track on that weak ass album "Untitled," give me a break. no one stepped it up. those cats were garbage on that shit. idk if it's your age but if you call that lyricism or even a step up you have a really skewed perspective. Nas has been slowly going the sellout route ever since he put his brothers group Bravehearts on but he was kind of low key with it at the time, but this last year he went off the deep end getting on all these fake ass records. sure he had the best verses, but what do you expect? it's Nas for Christ's sake. i agree now with what Jeezy said about how Nas was just trying to cash in saying "Hip Hop is Dead." Nas knows about these underground cats. he just isn't fucking with them because he's too concerned about getting his money and isn't trying to be fucked with right now on that shit. oh, and i agree 100% with NYOIL here:

Quote (PNobleDaLyricist)
and wat does musical consistency have 2 do with a minds opinion? Nas didn't even say that shit on a record and kris didn't say his dick ride n shit on 50 on a record so wats your point? cuz krs is more hip-hop and underground we should dismiss his bullshit claims but call Nas a sellout 4 drop n his opinion on a rapper y'all dont like and do n decent tracks wit rappers y'all dont like? bullshit if u think about it

that has nothing to do with anything.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

PNobleDaLyricist Date: Wednesday, 01/Jul/09, 4:34 AM | Message # 17

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
that has nothing to do with anything.

Quote (Uncharted)
krs one is consistent though nas is well could be sick as hell one song then a WTF in one song

1 argument closed

and i never said dey were lyrical or showed lyricism i just said dey stepped up and compared 2 otha shit dey all made u can't tell me dey aint try harder den usual, a step up...u even said b4 on dat JL RB LW Nas track dat Rich boy surprised u and was kinda decent...step up from"throw some D's on dat bitch" u think? and Wayne's verse was a step up 4 alot of carter 3 shit (amille got money let the beat build etc.)
rick ross aint suck, jeezy did better den usual when a rapper gets a better verse going after some garbage its a step up 4real...and untitled is a flat out classic....and i agree make the world go around was da worst track on dat album but i like dat track truthfully and compared 2 otha mainstream shit out now and b4 den...dat track is nice...if dat track wasn't on untitled i bet everyone would like it even more den now

lets just agree 2 disagree cuz da only reason we are going to keep going is because of are opinions and were going 2 try 2 rep ours nowhere and at the end of the day no one is going to change dere minds about da opinions, just da respect of the person dere arguing with...
u aint lose mine personally but u no i aint tryna lose yours eitha off of something that we neitha will agree on

o and by da way...Nas has always been about money ever since he was esco...maybe b4...who no's who cares

Mainground

RHHF rap

16-7-0 69%(if u round its 70% doe) tournaments won =1

tournament record: 4-3

exhibition record: 12-4

Message edited by PNobleDaLyricist - Wednesday, 01/Jul/09, 4:35 AM
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 01/Jul/09, 4:56 AM | Message # 18

Heads
Quote (PNobleDaLyricist)
u even said b4 on dat JL RB LW Nas track dat Rich boy surprised u and was kinda decent

no i didn't

Quote (PNobleDaLyricist)
step up from"throw some D's on dat bitch" u think? and Wayne's verse was a step up 4 alot of carter 3 shit (amille got money let the beat build etc.)

...no

Quote (PNobleDaLyricist)
rick ross aint suck

yes he does

Quote (PNobleDaLyricist)
jeezy did better den usual

do i really have to quote that lame ass hook again? and what's funny is the hook is pretty much the best part lol!

Quote (PNobleDaLyricist)
and untitled is a flat out classic

........wow. i'd respect your opinion if you said you liked it, but i'm going to have to call you out for your immaturity if you call it classic dude, seriously.

Quote (PNobleDaLyricist)
compared 2 otha mainstream shit out now and b4 den...dat track is nice

>>>>> "Make The World Go Round"

Quote (PNobleDaLyricist)
if dat track wasn't on untitled i bet everyone would like it even more den now

i can't speak for everyone, but even without that track i'd think "Untitled" was just as wack. it wasn't about the abundance of wack tracks that made me hate "Untitled," it was the lack of dope tracks. "Queens Get The Money" (which is SICK AS FUCK!) and "Sly Fox" are the only solid tracks on that album imo and most older cats would agree with me on that. i know because that is what i have found by asking older cats about that.

Quote (PNobleDaLyricist)
lets just agree 2 disagree cuz da only reason we are going to keep going is because of are opinions and were going 2 try 2 rep ours nowhere and at the end of the day no one is going to change dere minds about da opinions, just da respect of the person dere arguing with...

sure, we can agree to disagree, but at the end of the day, this site is about REAL HIP HOP and if we can't draw a line that cannot be crossed this movement is pointless. if we want this movement to be true we need to pull cards whether we like to or not. it's nothing personal, but we are trying to get our shit back on the radio. when we make compromises our movement gets weaker. that shit Nas was doing on "Untitled" was some commercial sellout bullshit and i'll argue that to the death. he was trying to get himself out there at all costs and that is exactly what we are fighting against here. keep your artistic integrity or this movement doesn't condone what you are doing artistically. don't cave to new trends in commercial music and entertainment.

Quote (PNobleDaLyricist)
u aint lose mine personally but u no i aint tryna lose yours eitha off of something that we neitha will agree on

it's not like that. i won't lose respect for your opinion, it's just that we have to be together on this or our movement will crumble.

Quote (PNobleDaLyricist)
o and by da way...Nas has always been about money ever since he was esco...maybe b4...who no's who cares

if that's the case he's always been a sellout. i disagree though. "Illmatic" was straight grimy street shit.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ill Date: Wednesday, 01/Jul/09, 5:23 AM | Message # 19

Emcees
Quote (PNobleDaLyricist)
...am i the only person in the group who actually likes drake?

he got some hot songs yeah but not when hes singing and not when waynes on the track too

Quote (PNobleDaLyricist)
nvm dont respond to this lol

sorry lol

i read this interview the other day the thing that pisses me off is nas features jay elec on the opening track of untitled, theres mad buzz about and hes one of the freshest rappers right now and yet nas bigs up drake as fresh water on dry land..? i hope they just doing it for money or something cos didnt nas co-sign drake

The World Is Yours
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 01/Jul/09, 5:35 AM | Message # 20

Heads
Quote (ill)
i read this interview the other day the thing that pisses me off is nas features jay elec on the opening track of untitled, theres mad buzz about and hes one of the freshest rappers right now and yet nas bigs up drake as fresh water on dry land..? i hope they just doing it for money or something cos didnt nas co-sign drake

THANK YOU! damn, i thought you'd be the last person to back me up on this lol!

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ill Date: Wednesday, 01/Jul/09, 5:37 AM | Message # 21

Emcees
lolll why?

i thought untitled was crap too but i wont say anymore lol angel2

The World Is Yours
EmSeeD Date: Wednesday, 01/Jul/09, 6:00 AM | Message # 22

Heads
Quote (ill)

i hope nas only said it coz he was expected too and not because he actually believes that. nas also said dr. dre is the best producer he's ever worked with surprised biggrin

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
PNobleDaLyricist Date: Wednesday, 01/Jul/09, 6:46 AM | Message # 23

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
i disagree though. "Illmatic" was straight grimy street shit.

nas wasn't escobarc back then, he was nasty nas

Added (01/Jul/09, 6:46 Am)
---------------------------------------------
and duffle bag boy? hell no

Mainground

RHHF rap

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 01/Jul/09, 7:51 AM | Message # 24

Heads
Quote (PNobleDaLyricist)
and duffle bag boy? hell no

yes. that is how shit World Go Round was imo. both songs are bottom of the barrel.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

PNobleDaLyricist Date: Wednesday, 01/Jul/09, 7:57 AM | Message # 25

Emcees
best i ever had > both of em

Mainground

RHHF rap

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 01/Jul/09, 8:01 AM | Message # 26

Heads
Quote (PNobleDaLyricist)
best i ever had

*puke*

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 01/Jul/09, 8:01 AM | Message # 27

Heads
Drake is fake as fuck.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

PNobleDaLyricist Date: Wednesday, 01/Jul/09, 8:04 AM | Message # 28

Emcees
how da hell is he fake?

Mainground

RHHF rap

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 01/Jul/09, 8:07 AM | Message # 29

Heads
Quote (PNobleDaLyricist)
how da hell is he fake?

he sounds like he's trying to copy Lil Wayne's style to the T. what is more fake than a swagger jacker? oh, that's right, a swagger jacker who jacks his swag from another swagger jacker who just happens to be the ring leader of wack rappetry lol

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

PNobleDaLyricist Date: Wednesday, 01/Jul/09, 8:15 AM | Message # 30

Emcees
lol u got it the other way around drake wrote 4 wayne...dats y wayne used drakes verse 4 dat leona lewis performance and dats ywayne shit is different from gillie(past ghostwriter) now, cuz of drake...drake wasn't even signed 2 wayne til like a few days ago cuz he was an "affiliate" and drake said he dont mind wayne say n some of his shit as long as his paper is right...ghost writing...its just wayne is more famous...but fuck da flow read da lyrics drake is better...he's not retarded like wayne when he spits

Mainground

RHHF rap

Message edited by PNobleDaLyricist - Wednesday, 01/Jul/09, 8:16 AM
Forum » Off-Topic » Rant Forum » Nas says Drake is fresh water on dry land....
Search: