New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » Off-Topic » Rant Forum » Eminem ft. Lil Wayne, Drake & Kanye West
Eminem ft. Lil Wayne, Drake & Kanye West
Uncharted Date: Saturday, 07/Nov/09, 11:50 AM | Message # 16

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
Adam, Drake is not "fire ass (sic) hell", not even in this song. He is just on the line of being average, including with this verse, and the beat is hardly above average if at all. Eminem had, by FAAAAAR the best verse, and Drake was average. Wayne's verse was so shit that I dread hearing this song just because I know he's coming up. And that hook.... UGGHHH! Makes me mad. This track sucks because of a few different things but it could be good.

my teacher was playing this in her classroom and i was like WTF???

Adam Date: Saturday, 07/Nov/09, 11:50 AM | Message # 17

B-Girls
No you couldn't be more off in any other way. I am saying drake was sick as hell basing off of where his coming from. He is coming from the mainstream. He is on the radio, and yet he is spitting fucking good. I'm not saying he is sick on a scale of our hip hop here. But him being in cash money, and how I though he would suck so bad is false. He has a shit load of potential, and if you guys can't see that your just being biased.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
eboyd Date: Saturday, 07/Nov/09, 1:43 PM | Message # 18

Heads
He has potential. Not a shitload, and like I said, I liked his verse here a little bit, but you said he had the sickest verse when, to me and most others, even mainstream fans I've spoken to, it is obvious that Eminem's verse was lightyears ahead of Drake's. Will Drake ever be one of the greats even by the potential he has shown thus far and by us thinking he's probably only going to get better? Probably not. Nas, for example, started out at a younger age than Drake and at a skill level that far exceeded where Drake is at now. Even people like Capadonna came into the game at a higher skill level. I'm not saying he's wack, but he's one of those cats you just don't mind hearing on a track once in a while but the media and labels are turning him into this sensation and he just doesn't have that potential, although, to be fair, he definitely is closer to it than any of these other pop sensations that have been given light in recent years. Soulja Boy, Lil Wayne, and as a rapper, even Kanye fall short of the mediocrity that Drake possesses (although I could argue for the ghostwritten rhymes Kanye had on "College Dropout" and the occasional track that makes me think "if Kanye wrote that, then I give him props").

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Saturday, 07/Nov/09, 2:19 PM | Message # 19

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
I must say I'm quite tired of hearing this song over and over again because the guys across the hall from me in their dorm bump their music loud as fuck late at night, as well as others driving by and shit, and they all play this song over and over again like there is no other music out there. I

yeah i noticed a lot of people do this, a guy i work with listens to a lot of mainstream stuff on his phone and he always plays the same one song over and over again, i'm amazed how he can play one song that many times and never get sick of it lol. he usually plays some T-Pain song

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
EmSeeD Date: Saturday, 07/Nov/09, 2:55 PM | Message # 20

Heads
Quote (Adam)
No you couldn't be more off in any other way. I am saying drake was sick as hell basing off of where his coming from. He is coming from the mainstream. He is on the radio, and yet he is spitting fucking good. I'm not saying he is sick on a scale of our hip hop here. But him being in cash money, and how I though he would suck so bad is false. He has a shit load of potential, and if you guys can't see that your just being biased.

yeah i'll admit Drake was alright, i liked the line "like a broken leg i ain't nuthin to play with" making a reference to how he broke his leg on stage but also the fact that the song is for some sports compilation album or some crap like that. i only liked his and eminems verse, but i don't like the song overall because the beat is really crap and the chorus gives me a headache.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
TheWatcher Date: Sunday, 08/Nov/09, 7:23 AM | Message # 21

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
Adam, Drake is not "fire ass (sic) hell", not even in this song. He is just on the line of being average, including with this verse, and the beat is hardly above average if at all. Eminem had, by FAAAAAR the best verse, and Drake was average. Wayne's verse was so shit that I dread hearing this song just because I know he's coming up. And that hook.... UGGHHH! Makes me mad. This track sucks because of a few different things but it could be good.

Thankfully the police is taking care of Wayne so we probably won't hear anything from him in awhile.

TheWatcher Date: Sunday, 08/Nov/09, 7:32 AM | Message # 22

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
He has potential. Not a shitload, and like I said, I liked his verse here a little bit, but you said he had the sickest verse when, to me and most others, even mainstream fans I've spoken to, it is obvious that Eminem's verse was lightyears ahead of Drake's. Will Drake ever be one of the greats even by the potential he has shown thus far and by us thinking he's probably only going to get better? Probably not. Nas, for example, started out at a younger age than Drake and at a skill level that far exceeded where Drake is at now. Even people like Capadonna came into the game at a higher skill level. I'm not saying he's wack, but he's one of those cats you just don't mind hearing on a track once in a while but the media and labels are turning him into this sensation and he just doesn't have that potential, although, to be fair, he definitely is closer to it than any of these other pop sensations that have been given light in recent years. Soulja Boy, Lil Wayne, and as a rapper, even Kanye fall short of the mediocrity that Drake possesses (although I could argue for the ghostwritten rhymes Kanye had on "College Dropout" and the occasional track that makes me think "if Kanye wrote that, then I give him props").

I never really got into Kanye or even checked out College Dropout, I thought he sort of killed (in a bad way) that Rakim, KRS, Nas & Premo track.. He was definitely out of place, sort of like Maino on that Rakim track.

Message edited by TheWatcher - Sunday, 08/Nov/09, 7:32 AM
Forum » Off-Topic » Rant Forum » Eminem ft. Lil Wayne, Drake & Kanye West
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: