[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Off-Topic » Rant Forum » Nirvana=Shit?
Nirvana=Shit?
ilikebacon3000 Date: Monday, 08/Mar/10, 4:42 AM | Message # 1

Emcees
After months (around 11) of being oddly obsessed with Nirvana... I have come to a very sudden and sad realization which is
-Nirvana guitar parts are taught to 8 year olds trying to "shred" to impress their 3 friends in their neighborhood.
-Kurt Cobain was instrumentally challenged. I can confidently say that I am probably better than him.
-None of Kurt's lyrics really had any meaning what so ever to anyone but himself. "I'll start this off, without any words. I got so high, I scratched till I bled." WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS!?!? It seems like another way for teenagers to relate to something, because the majority of us don't know how to feel, so we simply embrace things like this to feel understood I guess.
-Kurt felt too sorry for himself.
-Kurt took Grunge from bands like Mudhoney and The Melvin's and made money off of it. No matter how many times you go through his journals, you can't deny that he was a sell out. If he really didn't want to be famous, he could have just said "Fuck it" and not played for people.
-Krist's bass parts for the most part were easy and simplistic. Again, not very much of an amazing bassist.
-Dave didn't really do shit for the band except sit there and look like a badass who smoked pot. Although I think he got better after joining QoTSA and forming Foo Fighters.

I'm not saying that shredding makes a band. I'm saying that all the emotion came from Kurt, and that as a band, they had little musical talent, except for Pat Smear who was actually quite good.
Kurt's voice was just shit, also. If it weren't for all the damn heroin he did, he might not have even be able to bare the pain of yelling "TEST MEAT! DOLL STEAK!" into a microphone for 1 and a half hours.

wall of text=nirvana sucks. amIrite????
Discuss.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
Adam Date: Monday, 08/Mar/10, 8:11 AM | Message # 2

B-Girls
I am not sure if anyone here cares for nirvana. But I'll tell you now they are highly talked about in my school.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Monday, 08/Mar/10, 11:59 AM | Message # 3

Rappers
no they dont suck, and dave is a better guitarist than a drummer.

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

TUMBLR CLICK CLICK CLICK!
ilikebacon3000 Date: Monday, 08/Mar/10, 7:58 PM | Message # 4

Emcees
Quote (EYAR15)
no they dont suck, and dave is a better guitarist than a drummer.

Explain.

ALCATRAZ Date: Tuesday, 09/Mar/10, 2:51 PM | Message # 5

Writers
you cant call a band shitty just because they didnt play instruments incredibly well... just like you cant call a rapper shitty because he doesnt have the most intricate lyrics

"I personally think OBCL2 is better than the original" - Lord Meth

HateMainstreamMusic Date: Tuesday, 09/Mar/10, 3:01 PM | Message # 6

Emcees
Quote (ALCATRAZ)
you cant call a band shitty just because they didnt play instruments incredibly well... just like you cant call a rapper shitty because he doesnt have the most intricate lyrics

sex pistols sucked with the instruments... but i still love their sound... is your point that they don't have to be amazing to be considered good?

EmSeeD Date: Tuesday, 09/Mar/10, 5:51 PM | Message # 7

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
If he really didn't want to be famous, he could have just said "Fuck it" and not played for people.

maybe he was bound by contract, he did hate his fame and became depressed. i heard he made the album In Utero the way he wanted but his record label wouldn't release it unless he changed it, thats what the song Rape Me is about, Kurt was a depressed introvert and wrote songs about what he felt, i can't fault him for that. but he can't sing live though lol, i like his voice sometimes sometimes the roughness sounds good sometimes not. i think he writes great melodies though, he also had a lot of hooks in the songs, sometimes it can be a bad thing but i think Kurt did it in a good way

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
ilikebacon3000 Date: Tuesday, 09/Mar/10, 6:37 PM | Message # 8

Emcees
Quote (ALCATRAZ)

What I don't get is how there were bands playing the same type of music who were better musically but Nirvana still made it.

Menace Date: Tuesday, 09/Mar/10, 6:49 PM | Message # 9

Heads
NIRVANA ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

s0dr2 Date: Wednesday, 10/Mar/10, 3:38 PM | Message # 10

OGs
Quote (HateMainstreamMusic)
sex pistols sucked with the instruments

Quote (ilikebacon3000)
Kurt Cobain was instrumentally challenged.

i dont understand how u guys notice that....just sit back and enjoy the music

and

Quote (Menace)
NIRVANA ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think u need to listen to Nevermind again

In Utero... thats been on my wishlist for some time...should i rush to get this album?

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

ilikebacon3000 Date: Thursday, 11/Mar/10, 4:43 AM | Message # 11

Emcees
Quote (s0dr2)
In Utero... thats been on my wishlist for some time...should i rush to get this album?

Yes.

Quote (s0dr2)
i dont understand how u guys notice that....just sit back and enjoy the music

Eh... Well I play guitar and when I try to learn his songs, they are usually incredibly easy.

s0dr2 Date: Monday, 15/Mar/10, 10:20 PM | Message # 12

OGs
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
Eh... Well I play guitar and when I try to learn his songs, they are usually incredibly easy.

is 18 too late to start picking up playing the guitar??

Added (15/Mar/10, 10:20 PM)
---------------------------------------------
some answer pweaz =( it seems everyone can play guitar but me...bacon, how long have u been playing guitar?

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

ilikebacon3000 Date: Monday, 15/Mar/10, 11:10 PM | Message # 13

Emcees
Quote (s0dr2)
is 18 too late to start picking up playing the guitar??

Oh no dude it isn't too old!!
I have been playing all my life since both my parents met in a classic rock band. I've been raised around insturments. I remember when I was little their drummer kept his set at our house and my dad had his guitars from over the years and my mom played keys so she had those, and my dad passed on a guitar from him to me and i just sorta picked it up on my own I guess from being around it my whole life. But I don't know notes and stuff.. I just play by ear. But I've only been playing seriously for about 4 years.
So if you learn, take lessons, It's well worth it later on.

more questions feel free to ask.

Furious_Pryme Date: Saturday, 14/Aug/10, 1:41 AM | Message # 14

Removed
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
After months (around 11) of being oddly obsessed with Nirvana... I have come to a very sudden and sad realization which is
-Nirvana guitar parts are taught to 8 year olds trying to "shred" to impress their 3 friends in their neighborhood.
-Kurt Cobain was instrumentally challenged. I can confidently say that I am probably better than him.
-None of Kurt's lyrics really had any meaning what so ever to anyone but himself. "I'll start this off, without any words. I got so high, I scratched till I bled." WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS!?!? It seems like another way for teenagers to relate to something, because the majority of us don't know how to feel, so we simply embrace things like this to feel understood I guess.
-Kurt felt too sorry for himself.
-Kurt took Grunge from bands like Mudhoney and The Melvin's and made money off of it. No matter how many times you go through his journals, you can't deny that he was a sell out. If he really didn't want to be famous, he could have just said "Fuck it" and not played for people.
-Krist's bass parts for the most part were easy and simplistic. Again, not very much of an amazing bassist.
-Dave didn't really do shit for the band except sit there and look like a badass who smoked pot. Although I think he got better after joining QoTSA and forming Foo Fighters.
I'm not saying that shredding makes a band. I'm saying that all the emotion came from Kurt, and that as a band, they had little musical talent, except for Pat Smear who was actually quite good.
Kurt's voice was just shit, also. If it weren't for all the damn heroin he did, he might not have even be able to bare the pain of yelling "TEST MEAT! DOLL STEAK!" into a microphone for 1 and a half hours.
wall of text=nirvana sucks. amIrite????

You speak the truth..FUCK NIRVANA! they sucked huge cock. i didn't realize it untill i read
the lyrics to that smells like teen something,,,iv heard lil wayne make WAY better songs
then that, that whole song was just fucking shithouse.....

With the Lights out it's less dangerous
Here we are now entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now entertain us
A mullato an albino
A mosquito my libido
yay

WHAT THE FUCK <_<

EmSeeD Date: Saturday, 14/Aug/10, 6:16 AM | Message # 15

Heads
dude that song captured the soul of a generation, that song WAS an entire generation, thats why that song is so big, it was the rise of Generation X and that song was all about it. thats what he's singing about, the fucked up generation x that existed during the 90's

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Forum » Off-Topic » Rant Forum » Nirvana=Shit?
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: