[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » Off-Topic » Rant Forum » Nas Verse on "I Do It For Hip Hop" Doesn't Fit in (it doesn't go with the theme and the other two were better)
Nas Verse on "I Do It For Hip Hop" Doesn't Fit in
EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 25/Dec/08, 10:55 PM | Message # 16

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
Yes, he did. He was talking about hip hop the whole time! Who cares if he didn't finish off saying "I do it for hip hop" like Luda and Jay did. Why does he need to? That wouldn't make the verse fit, it would just make verse less original. Why stick to the same formula as everyone else? His style isn't that Eric B. & Rakim "repeat the title of the track just before the chorus" type of style, so why should he do it here? That's ridiculous. He talked about hip hop and his affiliation with it throughout and the verse fits just fine because of it.

well that's what the other two did so it makes his seem out of place. im not saying he has to say the title of the song in his verse or anything but there's no doubt of what the theme of the song was, it was clearly supposed to be about how they do what they do for the sake of hip hop, their loyal fans, the people on the block or whatever, for the love of the art, instead nas raps about fakes in the hip hop game and how he's better than them, it doesn't fit the theme at all.

Quote (eboyd)
^^^all of that was a set up for these last two lines. he's talking about how he doesn't fuck with certain people for a reason and these people call him socially awkward. the final two bars of the part i grouped is like the answer to why he's socially awkward; he doesn't associate himself with these fakes in the hip hop game.

if he wanted to he could kill all these people, but he's too mature for that BS

he's been in the game 16 years and witnessed all the bullshit, all the real shit, and he can confidently say he feels he's the best.

this is your explanation of Nas verse, so if i go by your explanation then the only thing nas is rapping about is fake people in the hip hop game and why he is better than them. this doesn't fit the "I Do It For Hip Hop" theme at all. Unless he's saying he raps because of fake people in the hip hop game which is kinda dumb.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
eboyd_ Date: Friday, 26/Dec/08, 1:36 AM | Message # 17

Removed
It fits perfectly. If his verse was the same as theirs it would be boring. He ties in what they are talking about with letting lames know what hip hop is really about. You know, we need more opinions on this. You need to change the name of this thread so more people will view it. Call it "Nas's Verse On "I Do It For Hip Hop" Doesn't Fit."
AruNavi Date: Tuesday, 30/Dec/08, 10:42 AM | Message # 18

Emcees
escko def came the hardest. he had way more depth and meaning. jay 2 me.... sucked luda was decent. i feel what your saying emseed but eboyd is right. you have to look past the words to find nas's metaphors

my girl friend

I am probably RHH4 asshole of the site lmao

THE PUREST MC=ME ARU NAVI My brother=Menace Uncharted
My wife=Chinita the Beautiful
My rival=LaPen
My niggas=Eboyd Kiba Pen LaPen Lord Meth P Noble NtG Render 11thPlauge

i woulda done rubber matches if i new u was gone bite Aru Navi/

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH i love this line

how did i bite aru navi? just curious...
uz every verse he did in dat battle, he tried flipping my verse every single time...it was work n until i won lol but yea u basically tried 2 flip da 1st verse like him
Aru Navi says-"Cause I beez da shitz." West Coast King Style

eboyd_ Date: Tuesday, 30/Dec/08, 1:48 PM | Message # 19

Removed
Aru Navi, he does see them, but he is saying the other 2 are talking about why they do it and Nas is talking about being mad others don't do it for the same reason. My counter argument is that those topics go together well. It's like when you wear an outfit. Your shirt doesn't have to be the same color as your pants to match. You can wear a white T-Shirt with blue jeans and you still match. You don't have to wear a denim jacket with it.
Uncharted Date: Tuesday, 30/Dec/08, 2:00 PM | Message # 20

Emcees
his verse kinda fits the verse and i agree if he always sticked with the topic it will be boring

Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Tuesday, 30/Dec/08, 2:52 PM | Message # 21

Rappers
Quote (eboyd)
you call it beef, to me its's just a fuckin’ walk in the park

that line is dope.

luda's and nas' verse were better than jay's

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

TUMBLR CLICK CLICK CLICK!
Menace Date: Tuesday, 30/Dec/08, 2:56 PM | Message # 22

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
Aru Navi, he does see them, but he is saying the other 2 are talking about why they do it and Nas is talking about being mad others don't do it for the same reason. My counter argument is that those topics go together well. It's like when you wear an outfit. Your shirt doesn't have to be the same color as your pants to match. You can wear a white T-Shirt with blue jeans and you still match. You don't have to wear a denim jacket with it.

ohh denim jacket Village People the gay connection

Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Tuesday, 30/Dec/08, 2:57 PM | Message # 23

Rappers
Y M C A!!!!!!!

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

TUMBLR CLICK CLICK CLICK!
eboyd_ Date: Tuesday, 30/Dec/08, 3:09 PM | Message # 24

Removed
biggrin
Forum » Off-Topic » Rant Forum » Nas Verse on "I Do It For Hip Hop" Doesn't Fit in (it doesn't go with the theme and the other two were better)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: