[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: El_Matador, s0dr2  
Forum » RHHF Artists/Battlers » RHHF Artist's Music » Help for my studio (Please ?)
Help for my studio
G-Ammo Date: Sunday, 24/May/09, 6:12 PM | Message # 1

Emcees
Hey..

Some of u probably know that i got myself a home studio:
Alesis iMultimix 8 USB
Alesis Monitors MK II Passive
Alesis RA-300 Amplifier

Now with the iMultimix it came with this driver: Alesis iO|2 USB Interface driver thing... So i googled it... and i landed on that Alesis IO|2 USB interface thing... Now my question is: Is it possible to connect it on my Mixer? and if yes: with what and how? Because my sound isnt really that clean coming through a USB... (still can't complain though).

I hope some of u got an answer, i already spammed youtube with this question ( happy )

Thx

19 Year old Beatmaker from Holland! :D

Render215 Date: Sunday, 24/May/09, 6:39 PM | Message # 2

Emcees
I'm a little confused... What kind of mixer are you using? and this interface usb device I'll have to look up...

basically the usb device is coming from your pc, then you'll need a wire to connect the usb device to the mixer... then the monitors get hooked up to the mixer...

Added (24/May/09, 6:39 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Oh ok... I just looked at it.. the Alesis is the mixer... wow nice..

it basically looks like my Mackie Vlz 1202 pro mixer...

Does your PC have a good sound card? Or are you using onboard sound from the motherboard?

If the outputs on your PC are 1/8 inch like most (walkman headphone sized), than you'll need an adapter to get from a single 1/8 to whatever input you want the pc channel to be.... ie, rca, 1/4 inch...

I run an monster cable (one side rca and the other side two 1/4 inserts that go into my Mackie... My PC gets its own channel on the mixer... That way i can attach other devices to the mixer and blend with what i create on the PC...

The onlyh downfall is that i need an external recording device for lcapturing whatever else i add to the Mackie from the PC...

Hope this Helps a little... if not just ask away... lol

"People said his brain was infected by Devils..."
Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Sunday, 24/May/09, 8:24 PM | Message # 3

Rappers
i like ur shoe

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

TUMBLR CLICK CLICK CLICK!
Render215 Date: Monday, 25/May/09, 0:04 AM | Message # 4

Emcees
Thats Renderware exclusive shit.. i have a different pair in green... those are top secret.. gettin' my buddy to do some art on them...

Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Monday, 25/May/09, 0:13 AM | Message # 5

Rappers
top secret? U can get those on that one Nike site! Haha

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

TUMBLR CLICK CLICK CLICK!
Render215 Date: Monday, 25/May/09, 0:14 AM | Message # 6

Emcees
yeah but the art on the green pair is going to be done aftermarket.... lol.. And thats gonna be some shhit.

G-Ammo Date: Monday, 25/May/09, 2:17 AM | Message # 7

Emcees
Quote (Render215)
Boss
[Emcees]
Group: Emcees
Reproofs: 0%
I'm a little confused... What kind of mixer are you using? and this interface usb device I'll have to look up...

basically the usb device is coming from your pc, then you'll need a wire to connect the usb device to the mixer... then the monitors get hooked up to the mixer...

Added (24/May/09, 6:39 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Oh ok... I just looked at it.. the Alesis is the mixer... wow nice..

it basically looks like my Mackie Vlz 1202 pro mixer...

Does your PC have a good sound card? Or are you using onboard sound from the motherboard?

If the outputs on your PC are 1/8 inch like most (walkman headphone sized), than you'll need an adapter to get from a single 1/8 to whatever input you want the pc channel to be.... ie, rca, 1/4 inch...

I run an monster cable (one side rca and the other side two 1/4 inserts that go into my Mackie... My PC gets its own channel on the mixer... That way i can attach other devices to the mixer and blend with what i create on the PC...

The onlyh downfall is that i need an external recording device for lcapturing whatever else i add to the Mackie from the PC...

Hope this Helps a little... if not just ask away... lol

Ok i got it hooked up like this: Ill start with my keyboard:

Creative E-MU Xboard 61 is USB Connected to a USB port (this time 2.0 cuz of a hub), that one goes into my pc... Then i got the mixer hooked up on another USB port (so the sound is coming from USB if thats what u mean with motherboard). My RA-300 amp is connected to my mixer with 2 jacks (for stereo) and my monitors are connected on my amplifier with 2 stereo cables (very simple).

Now i was wondering if i buy the Alesis iO|2 USB interface... (well i already bought it happy Do i need it to connect between my PC + Mixer? And with what? Cuz the iO|2 has USB connection too so itll probably be some sort of soundcard for USB or so.... So it should connected with Jacks to my mixer in those 'AUX in / out or Main mix in / out'.

And what's with the shoes :P (lol:P) im calling for help sad and u guys gonna talk about shoes!!!!! happy

Render215 Date: Monday, 25/May/09, 2:25 AM | Message # 8

Emcees
Quote (G-Ammo)
And what's with the shoes :P (lol:P) im calling for help sad and u guys gonna talk about shoes!!!!! happy

Who sez we can't look fly while we wire this up 4 u?.. lol

so u have another mixer other than the alesis io? cuz that thing is a mixer...

it should be replacing any other mixer u have for the pc...

G-Ammo Date: Monday, 25/May/09, 10:42 AM | Message # 9

Emcees
Quote (Render215)
Who sez we can't look fly while we wire this up 4 u?.. lol

so u have another mixer other than the alesis io? cuz that thing is a mixer...

it should be replacing any other mixer u have for the pc...

Ooh crap... So i don't need it? or what? but i dont understand WHY alesis iMultimix came with a driver for that ... and when i select that driver in Fruity Loops it says:
You need to open 2 channels (something like that)

Render215 Date: Monday, 25/May/09, 5:38 PM | Message # 10

Emcees
K..

I'll research a little bit about the imultimix, but ilt really should be easy to operate... i don't know about FL.. i don't use that..

but if you're having a problem with sound u might need to lookup: ASIO4ALL

but you prob are just using the mixer wrong with FL imo...

Try some more and let me know what you're doing..

G-Ammo Date: Tuesday, 26/May/09, 4:56 AM | Message # 11

Emcees
Quote (Render215)
K..

I'll research a little bit about the imultimix, but ilt really should be easy to operate... i don't know about FL.. i don't use that..

but if you're having a problem with sound u might need to lookup: ASIO4ALL

but you prob are just using the mixer wrong with FL imo...

Try some more and let me know what you're doing..

When i press ASIO4ALL (i got that) there won't come any sound .... i have to choose USB Audio Codec but ill post some more info when i got it smile

Forum » RHHF Artists/Battlers » RHHF Artist's Music » Help for my studio (Please ?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: