[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: s0dr2  
Forum » Off-Topic » General Music » Your Top 10 albums of all times? (^___^)
Your Top 10 albums of all times?
Bape Date: Saturday, 20/Aug/11, 2:34 PM | Message # 1

Emcees
I've always wanted to do something like this and I couldn't find a thread so i'll just start my own.

So what are your top 10 albums of all times? Not necessarily what albums are the greatests ever made like Illmatic or Dark Side of the Moon... but, more like: At the end of the day what albums made an impact on YOUR life. What are those albums that YOU can play from front to back and really enjoy & appreciate every second of? What albums really speak to YOU.

Added (19/Aug/11, 10:33 PM)
---------------------------------------------
It would be nice if you could write a brief reason as to "WHY" you love a certain album, or EP, or Mixtape... or whatever the music may be.

I'll do mine in a bit, I gotta go clean my room right now -____-

Added (20/Aug/11, 2:34 PM)
Alrighty then, here I go. I doubt anyone else will do this but whatever

Girl Talk - Feed The Animals (2008)
This is probably one of the few mash up artists I respect. The way he packs sooo much energy into one song is really an event.

John Coltrane - A Love Supreme (1965)
Do I really need to say anything??!!

Atmosphere - God Loves Ugly (2002)
I've heard a lot of Atmosphere albums prior to this, but just the dark vibes this album gave off is what really attracted me. Slug's got a really grim story to tell the world.

Crystal Castles - Crystal Castles (2008 )
This album is really something different, just the way these 2 are able to blend the in-your-face punk aesthetics with really agressive female shreeks and then just lace it all up with a electronic beat.

Eric B & Rakim - Paid in Full (1987)
This album just hold a really special spot in my heart. I grew up with this always by my side.

Panda Bear - Person Pitch (2007)
This album has such a different take on sampling. It stretches out everything and overall adds a this... "campfire" mood to everything. I wanna roast marshmellows to this album. ^_^

Porta - No Es Cuestion De Edades (2006)
Hearing this was such a breathe of fresh air. All rap in spanish i've heard before this was about thug life in L.A. and then THIS ALBUM comes outta nowhere and just blow me away. Spain is such an awesome place.

Greydon Square - The Compton Effect (2007)
What can I say. This man put's his ideals on a beat like it's actually hood. The name's Greydon Square. The hardest atheist and your grandmother's worst nightmare.

Nautral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane over the Sea (1998 )
I don't wanna call this album "perfect" but it's very damn near close. I will say that this HAS THE BEST SONG WRITING EVER. And that's saying a lot. The mastermind behind this, Jeff Mangum, just has a way of painiting a picture in your mind using his words as your guidelines.

J Dilla - Donuts (2006)
This album is like those miniature bite size candies you get on Halloween.

Message edited by Bape - Saturday, 20/Aug/11, 5:53 PM
Adam Date: Saturday, 20/Aug/11, 2:42 PM | Message # 2

B-Girls
1. Pulsar - Halloween (1977)

2. Cocteau Twins - Victorialand (1985)

3. Electric Wizard - Dopethrone (2000)

4. Nest - Woodsmoke (2003)

5. Nadja - Thaumogenesis (2007)

6. Lustmørd - Lustmørd (1981)

7. Laurence Vanay - Gate Way Evening Colours (1975)

8. Acid Witch - Witchtanic Hellucinations (2008)

9. Autumn's Grey Solace - Riverine (2005)

10. Nas - Illmatic (1994)

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 20/Aug/11, 9:52 PM | Message # 3

Heads
Here's my list. Its not necessarily in order but these are my favorite 10. These albums each have had a major influence in my life and molded me into the awesome swagged-out Cool Nerd I am today. I think I have the most commercial/underground friendly list on the site possibly.

1. Blu & Exile - Below the Heavens
I remember when I first listened to this album and I was blown away by his honesty and the album's concept. This was one of the first Underground LPs I DLed and I still listen to it til this day. Definately a personal classic.

2. Fashawn - Boy Meets World
Another personal classic. This album was bumped my whole Junior year in high school, from start to finish. Also, Fashawn later turned out to be an inspiration for one of my characters in my novel. Big ups to this guy.

3. Royce da 5'9" - Death Is Certain
Dope beats, moving subject matter, intense lyrics. The perfect combination for a Michael Littlejohn favorite. Played this my whole Sophmore and Junior year.

4. VersaEmerge - Fixed At Zero
It actually wasnt too long ago I found this band, but they are already in my faves. With a female lead singer and a sound that is unique in so many ways that NOBODY in the Alt. Rock world can copy, they should be EVERYBODY's favorite band.

5. The Fray - How to Save a Life
This was THE first Alt. Rock band I listened to and I was so lucky that I stumbled upon them. They gave me the inspiration needed to finish my novel and gave me a nice relaxed summer vacation.

6. REDMAN - MUDDY WATERS (#1 ALBUM)
You guys already know how much I rave about this album. Muddy Waters >>>> The World

7. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy - Kanye West
This album is what actually inspired me to write a novel. It wasnt the lyrics, but it was the beats that created this world in my head that I had to do something with and what other way to create something than to use ur talents, which was to write stories. I love Kanye.

8. Shad - The Old Prince
This album added a new personality trait in me. If it were not for this album, I would not have became so tolerant and accepting of the way people are. Because of Shad's charm and honesty, I was able to look at society and people in general in a new light. I would not be the same person today if it werent for Shad.

9. Drake - Thank Me Later
The same as Kanye West's album, it inspired me, but when I first heard it, I had no desire to write a story of what I was envisioning. It wasnt until I started my novel that this album worked its way into my playlist again and stayed there til this day.

10. Masta Ace - A Long Hot Summer
And finally my journy ends with Masta Ace. This was also one of the first underground LPs I DLed and its the longest-lasting album in my iPod. Everything comes together on this album and it still sounds fresh as if I heard it just two days ago. This would probably be number 2 if I had ordered my list.

Sick With It
Ratmn Date: Saturday, 20/Aug/11, 11:51 PM | Message # 4

DJs
Porta... REALLY?

Bape, I lost all respect i had for you. Seriously.

MY TURN!

DMX - It's Dark And Hell Is Hot

It was one of those CDs i heard when i was a teen full of angst angst ANGST, and it really helped me to let out my frustrations. Plus, it's a great fucking album

Ayatollah - Now Playing

Since the day I've heard the "Platinum", I fell in love with this album. The whole soundscape of this thing is just, wow. A fucking anime can be made out of those beats. I love this shit so much. It helped me to keep on producing when i felt down, and still helps me with it.

Guerrilla Seca - La Realidad Mas Real

This is the reason why i like hip hop from my country. Seriously. Bape, hear this album, and that Porta shit, will sound like a Lil Zane album. QDEP is the realest song I've heard in my life. So much emotion. It made me fucking cry.

Masta Ace - A Long Hot Summer

This. THIS THIS. I actually like this album moar than i like Disposable Arts. THe whole thing, feels like one. Nothing feels out of place. So great. Plus it always bring a smile on mah face.

MF Doom - MM...Food

/ib4walloftextofdoomdickriding.

Moving on!

Mobb Deep - The Infamous

This is one of the sole reasons that i like hip hop from the 90s. The beats on this monster, oh, the beats. Nothing more to say. Plus, it's the best thing done by those two.

Wu-Tang Clan - Enter The Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers

CLAN IN DA FRONT LET YA FEET STOMP NIGGAS ON THE LEFT BRAG SHIT TO DEATH HOODS ON THE RIGHT WILD FOR DA NIGHT! PUNKS IN DA BACK WUWUWUWUWUWU

I love east coast hip hop for this album. Mhmnm.

Madvillain - Madvillainy

DOOM and Madlib are both one of my biggest inspirations. Put them together on a LP = Me having a seizure. And i still to this days have that seizure after hearing that record.

9th Wonder & Buckshot - The Formula

THIS THIS THIS. Seriously, I've no idea of how much this LP inspired me to produce, until I re-heard it not too long ago. That record is the reason why I love 9th so much, and why he's my biggest inspiration.

Those three albums are the SOLE reason i liked hip hop. If i had never listened to those albums, i would be a metalhead as we speak. This are the ones who made the most impact on my life, they changed me, and they helped me into finding my love.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Bape Date: Sunday, 21/Aug/11, 0:07 AM | Message # 5

Emcees
Quote (Ratmn)
Porta... REALLY?

He's emo, has relationship problems, & likes to cry and whine about everything like me. ^_^
He's also a spoiled kid and gets WAY TOO much attention. I LOVE HIM <33 I actually like it when I find someone I can relate to.

Added (21/Aug/11, 0:07 Am)
Quote (Ratmn)
Ayatollah - Now Playing

OGMGOMGOMGOMGGG!!! I SAW THIS AT HOT TOPIC THE OTHER DAY!!! WOO!! c;

Message edited by Bape - Sunday, 21/Aug/11, 0:14 AM
Lord_Meth Date: Sunday, 21/Aug/11, 0:26 AM | Message # 6

Heads
Quote (Ratmn)
Masta Ace - A Long Hot Summer

This. THIS THIS. I actually like this album moar than i like Disposable Arts. THe whole thing, feels like one. Nothing feels out of place. So great. Plus it always bring a smile on mah face.

My Man!!!!
If I was rich, Id pay someone to kiss you. Preferably a guy, however.

Sick With It
Ratmn Date: Sunday, 21/Aug/11, 1:01 AM | Message # 7

DJs
Quote (Bape)
He's emo, has relationship problems, & likes to cry and whine about everything like me. He's also a spoiled kid and gets WAY TOO much attention. I LOVE HIM <33 I actually like it when I find someone I can relate to.

Forgot THAT. Listen to some Canserbero, it's moar your style.
At least i didn't lost all my respect to you. You're still my based bitch nigga.

Quote (Lord_Meth)
My Man!!!! If I was rich, Id pay someone to kiss you. Preferably a guy, however.

You should be glad also to know that Muddy Waters is number 11.
Slippin' was the song that got DMX's album on number 10.

Quote (Bape)
OGMGOMGOMGOMGGG!!! I SAW THIS AT HOT TOPIC THE OTHER DAY!!! WOO!! c;

Go and fucking buy that shit.
You'll have an orgasm with it. Trust me.

Bape Date: Sunday, 21/Aug/11, 1:40 AM | Message # 8

Emcees
Quote (Ratmn)
Listen to some Canserbero, it's moar your style.

I'll be sure to check it out my based comrad.

Quote (Lord_Meth)
2. Fashawn - Boy Meets World

This album BANGS so hard in my moms minivan ^_^

Quote (Adam)

Adam knows what's up :D

Quote (Ratmn)
Go and fucking buy that shit.
You'll have an orgasm with it. Trust me.

Ratmn Date: Sunday, 21/Aug/11, 1:53 AM | Message # 9

DJs
FUCK FUCK FUCK BAPE GETS THE JOKE. HE GETS IT asfaksflñqñwfjlqñfja BOOM!

Quote (Bape)

That's that weed smoking shit mayne. That dro shit.
It's kinda like how Black Friday by Cypress Hill would had sounded if it was a rock album.

ilikebacon3000 Date: Sunday, 21/Aug/11, 1:53 AM | Message # 10

Emcees
These don't really go in any sort of order, just albums that have really changed the way I look at music and the world.

10. Minor Threat - Minor Threat
This album really got me into punk rock. This is easily one of the most influential punk albums of all time, and is easily THE most influential punk album coming from the east coast 80's hardcore scene.. Changed me big time.

9. Nirvana - Unplugged live in New York, 1993.
This album really helped me understand that music doesn't always have to be loud to be kickass. this record has a very melodic side to it and it just really made me love acoustic music.

8. Tyler, the Creator - BASTARD
I can honestly and truly say that this is the only hiphop album in recent years that I have REALLY enjoyed front to back, and fell in love with. It got me through last spring, had some money problems, ended a relationship, was really stressed about school and work. This shit kind of kept me sane. This is Tyler's best work, as a whole effort, at least IMO.

7. Modest Mouse - This is a long drive for someone with nothing to think about
I don't know what it is about this album... Just really like it. Issac Brock is one of my song writing heroes.

6. Jabee - Blood is the new black
This album was my SHIT a few years back.. Really does a good job of putting Oklahoma City on the map. Makes me proud to be from here.

5. Good Charlotte - Young and the Hopeless
Hahahahaha sorry.. this is a sentimental album to me. I wouldn't listen to any of the bands I do today if it weren't for this record. That's all I wanna say.

4. Aphex Twin - Ambient Works
I fall asleep to this and I think it influences my dreaming alot. Just helps me through shit. Helps me sleep.

3. Black Flag - My War
Greg Ginn and Henry Rollins, as a team on this record... just fuck everything. winning. plus it's good when i feel like an emo bitch.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTHINNNNNNNNNNG LEFT! IN! SIDE!!!

2. Sleep - From beyond
Friend showed me this shit a while back and it's been my shit... Another album that helps me dream. Stoner rock.

1. Maximum Homeless Guy - BUMS AWAY!!
Just a badass punk band from Oklahoma City. I saw the last show they played live with DRI, it was fucking awesome. got a bloody nose.. felt good man.
couldn't find an actual album cover, so here's a picture of them playing. Notice the "EAT My FUCK" on their amp. I miss these guys alot. RIP MHG :'(

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
Bape Date: Sunday, 21/Aug/11, 5:08 PM | Message # 11

Emcees
Quote (Ratmn)
Canserbero

I LOVE YOU ♥__♥

Quote (ilikebacon3000)
Minor Threat

Quote (ilikebacon3000)
Greg Ginn and Henry Rollins

FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!

Ratmn Date: Sunday, 21/Aug/11, 5:40 PM | Message # 12

DJs
Quote (Bape)
I LOVE YOU ♥__♥

Listen to "Pensando En Ti". Probably the best for you on his first LP "Vida"

Bape Date: Sunday, 21/Aug/11, 6:01 PM | Message # 13

Emcees
Quote (Ratmn)

Listen to "Pensando En Ti". Probably the best for you on his first LP "Vida

Donwloading it as we speak. Know any other good spanish speaking MCs.
I'm a total newbie and only know about dudes I heard from HHgroups (Aloy, Bajo Minimos,El Bazea,Isusko and Sbrv, Santaflow, SFDK etc)

Added (21/Aug/11, 6:01 PM)
Or just some album titles would be nice, imma fill up my ipod ^_^

Ratmn Date: Sunday, 21/Aug/11, 8:36 PM | Message # 14

DJs
Quote (Bape)
Donwloading it as we speak. Know any other good spanish speaking MCs. I'm a total newbie and only know about dudes I heard from HHgroups (Aloy, Bajo Minimos,El Bazea,Isusko and Sbrv, Santaflow, SFDK etc)

Destroy everything from Spain. Venezuelan Hip hop is waaaaaaaay better. I'm also putting you on with some of that good shit from Argentina Alrite, youngin. Download this records:

Vida - Canserbero
Iluminados Deluxe - La EmineMCa
Afinando - Apache
uanteik. - Madzilla
Materia Prima - Tres Dueños
El Astronauta - Rekeson
Al Desnudo: El Album - El Prieto
La Realidad Mas Real - Guerrilla Seca (It's some gangsta shit, but, trust me, is GOOD)
Illuminate - Illuminate
Imaquinar - Mustafa Yoda

That should be enough for a WHOLE LOT.

Adam Date: Sunday, 21/Aug/11, 8:37 PM | Message # 15

B-Girls
so who has the best list, lets fight about it right naow.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
Forum » Off-Topic » General Music » Your Top 10 albums of all times? (^___^)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: