Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: s0dr2  
Forum » Off-Topic » General Music » dirt nasty
dirt nasty
Adam Date: Friday, 02/Sep/11, 8:24 AM | Message # 1

B-Girls
the first 25 seconds shows that dirt nasty knows that all the underground mcs sound just like tech, but its funny because every comment on the video likes the 25 seconds more then the rest of the video.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
eboyd Date: Friday, 02/Sep/11, 12:29 PM | Message # 2

Heads
Quote (Adam)
the first 25 seconds shows that dirt nasty knows that all the underground mcs sound just like tech

too bad you're completely wrong and they don't. dude, underground is not a monolith. there are different styles and each that is well known comes with it's own stereotype.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Adam Date: Friday, 02/Sep/11, 12:32 PM | Message # 3

B-Girls
Do you know how many blu's there are? How many tech's? hell back in the day how many big daddy kane's were there?? yeah so now underground rappers tend to sound just like the first 25 seconds of this video. We can cherry pick mcs here and there but those are the ones that have a name already. Think about the mcs who don't got names people who just put up rap videos on youtube and only get like 5 views. That endless amount of rappers sound the same.

eboyd Date: Friday, 02/Sep/11, 12:49 PM | Message # 4

Heads
your tiny brain obviously can't understand my words when i say that UNDERGROUND IS NOT A MONOLITH.

and hey dumbass, BDK was never underground. back in the late 80's/early 90's, that was mainstream hip hop.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Adam Date: Friday, 02/Sep/11, 1:00 PM | Message # 5

B-Girls
I was talking about people who basically copied bdk's style not him himself. Right now atm there are like hundreds of unknown groups all doing the jerking music. After tech got popular, left and right there was political and conspiracy rappers. I won't be nitpicking examples just so you can say its a not a monolith. If you disagree then your the minority with that belief.

eboyd Date: Friday, 02/Sep/11, 1:22 PM | Message # 6

Heads
Quote (Adam)
I was talking about people who basically copied bdk's style not him himself. Right now atm there are like hundreds of unknown groups all doing the jerking music. After tech got popular, left and right there was political and conspiracy rappers. I won't be nitpicking examples just so you can say its a not a monolith. If you disagree then your the minority with that belief.

exactly, after something gets popular a bunch of people do the same. that's what happened with Tech. his style got popular and others started doing it. that doesn't represent all of underground hip hop though. what else can you think of that sounds like this?:

or how about this?:

or this?:

or this?:

the answer is nothing, because that stuff is not popular. and then you can always find undergound shit that sounds like this:

or for something that has more popular appeal without being terrible:

so my point is that there is so much diversity in underground hip hop that saying "all underground emcees sound like tech" makes you sound ignorant as fuck to people like me who actually know something about hip hop.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

El_Matador Date: Friday, 02/Sep/11, 3:21 PM | Message # 7

Heads
Hopsin is my man! He sounds like Eminem in most of his tracks but his own style is great.

MENACE 2 JOKER: Go back to Mexico you damn spic
JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

Bape Date: Friday, 02/Sep/11, 6:24 PM | Message # 8

Emcees
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCAAAAAINEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LIKE IT WAS 1980!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLDDDDDDDDDDD CHAAAAAAAAAAAINNNNNN!!!!!!!! LIKE IT WAS NINETEEN EIGHTY!!!!!!!!!!! ^_^

Added (02/Sep/11, 6:24 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Quote (eboyd)
UNDERGROUND IS NOT A MONOLITH.

*googles "MONOLITH"*

...um.... okay...

Message edited by Bape - Friday, 02/Sep/11, 6:27 PM
eboyd Date: Friday, 02/Sep/11, 7:31 PM | Message # 9

Heads
a monolith is, as it is put in the Merriam Webster online dictionary, "an organized whole that acts as a single unified power or influential force." underground hip hop is not one organized thing. it is many different things scattered in countless different directions, many completely detached and unrelated to each other.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Friday, 02/Sep/11, 8:24 PM | Message # 10

Heads
Bape is just an idiot, he loves to suck dicks, and gives ass for 5 dollars, so he's irrelevant

Adam Date: Friday, 02/Sep/11, 8:36 PM | Message # 11

B-Girls
Great you cherry picked examples erik, feel better now? Thing is there is a much larger mound of evidence that I could cherry pick as well to support my claim. And if we continued my data would outweighs yours. So that why I am right and your wrong.

and monolith is a large rectangular statue that creates life.

andre legacy's face when dirt is rapping about mind body and spirit is hilarious!

also if you listen very closely dirt says preposterous almost exactly like immortal technique does LMFAO!

also evidence makes a cameo towards the end :D

eboyd Date: Friday, 02/Sep/11, 9:47 PM | Message # 12

Heads
Quote (Adam)
Great you cherry picked examples erik, feel better now? Thing is there is a much larger mound of evidence that I could cherry pick as well to support my claim. And if we continued my data would outweighs yours. So that why I am right and your wrong.

you are truly the stupidest fucking person i have communicated with all week.

Quote (Adam)
and monolith is a large rectangular statue that creates life.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/monolith

"3: an organized whole that acts as a single unified powerful or influential force "

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Greeny Date: Saturday, 03/Sep/11, 5:02 AM | Message # 13

OGs
Monolith according to Concise Oxford English Dictionary: "a large indivisible organization or institution".

Had to look it up as well. lol.

Most unknown rappers have very similar styles as that of known rappers. If underground is meant as alternative, they're not very. If underground is meant as relatively unknown, yeah, most do sound alike. If underground is meant as one specific style, it's implied that they all sound alike.

Adam has grown so comfortable with his trolling attitude that he can't make a point without sneaking in some ignorant shit.

:)
Menace Date: Saturday, 03/Sep/11, 7:07 AM | Message # 14

Heads
Quote (Greeny)
Adam has grown so comfortable with his trolling attitude that he can't make a point without sneaking in some ignorant shit.

amen

Adam Date: Saturday, 03/Sep/11, 8:55 AM | Message # 15

B-Girls
wow you guys no nothing about cinema if you didn't catch the monolith rectangle shit. Thank you for taking me seriously LOL.

Quote (eboyd)
you are truly the stupidest fucking person i have communicated with all week.

lol and? you know its true

hell greeny even gave backhanded support

Quote (Greeny)
most unknown rappers have very similar styles as that of known rappers

he is not going to say it directly like I did but whatever.

seriously if I went and found every fucking underground rapper and formed a big as spread shit of every single style. Political/Conspiracy would be huge compared to some continuum transfunctioner rappers.

Quote (Greeny)

wait trolls make points? damn I don't know anything about teh enternets now.

its not my fault you guys came into a dirt nasty thread expecting a sirious debate accompanied by online definitions

I just noticed dirt nasty also implies that sobriety is a friend with rappers who talk about entering the metaphysical visionary.

sorry fam 1 luv. there now my realness has been reinstated.

Forum » Off-Topic » General Music » dirt nasty
Search: