New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: El_Matador, Aristotle, s0dr2  
Forum » Off-Topic » Polls, Games, & Surveys » Name that Sample or Post Samples
Name that Sample or Post Samples
Chinita Date: Saturday, 11/Oct/08, 11:14 PM | Message # 16

Heads
Quote (MissChinita41)
Ok who sampled this peace?

this one is easy, you can hear it right in the beat, the loop not the whole beat. just a little part of it. (hint, its an old school)

SoulRas Date: Saturday, 11/Oct/08, 11:16 PM | Message # 17

Emcees
R Kelly? Lol, I dunno.. can't think straight right now

“Music is the harmonious voice of creation; an echo of the invisible world.”
-Giuseppe Mazzini
SoulRas Date: Saturday, 11/Oct/08, 11:16 PM | Message # 18

Emcees
Brian McKnight***

“Music is the harmonious voice of creation; an echo of the invisible world.”
-Giuseppe Mazzini
Chinita Date: Saturday, 11/Oct/08, 11:26 PM | Message # 19

Heads
Quote (laPennello)
R Kelly? Lol, I dunno.. can't think straight right now

LOL no baby, i'll wait till aydee or someone tries it, then if not 'll give away the answer. oh and its an old school hip hop.

Chinita Date: Sunday, 12/Oct/08, 11:02 PM | Message # 20

Heads
can't anyone figure out that sample?

AyDee Date: Sunday, 12/Oct/08, 11:03 PM | Message # 21

Emcees
oh i think its from the movie space jam or somthing, i remember it i just dont know who remade it sad

enlighten us chinita happy

"The beats make me fallin asleep"
Chinita Date: Sunday, 12/Oct/08, 11:19 PM | Message # 22

Heads
its was biz markie (nobody beats the biz) which back then was stealing but because biz got sued for sampling this song tht he took from a huge electronic store commercial called nobody beats the WIZ in NY..if was really after that big suit that sampling became illegal, i forget the year but i remember how big this was and of course changed the hip hop industry of stealling samples. He got that litttle beat from fly like an eagle, steve miller band version. its was a small piece so not sure if he got sued them also. All through my short memory so don't quote me on any info lol

Anyway for anyone interested here are the videos for biz makie nobody beats the biz and then the old 1986 commcercial he got it from.

Nobody Beats The Biz (Marley Marl Remix) - Biz Markie

short look at the nobody beats the wiz commerical

fly like an eagle (what he sampled starts around .13)

Chinita Date: Sunday, 12/Oct/08, 11:25 PM | Message # 23

Heads
sorry meant to say it changed the music industry big time not just hip hop..

Deadly-Sin Date: Monday, 13/Oct/08, 8:05 AM | Message # 24

Removed
Quote (MissChinita41)
changed the hip hop industry of stealling samples

Lmao nothing changed, hip hop has in fact tooken samples since it first
started and is still goin on 2day, half of the production we hear come from
old rock songs, i also find it wack how they get pissed for using samples
yet your aloud to take a hook from another song "cough pac, cough puffy"
Menace Date: Monday, 13/Oct/08, 8:17 AM | Message # 25

Heads
sampling is part of the music culture called hip hop they didnt have money for live instrumentals most of them so they used what they could and sampling is not stealin cause its just a sample not a whole song and most of the hip hop Dj's didnt sample rock most of them sampled Funk and Jazz but yeah they sampled rock too

Chinita Date: Monday, 13/Oct/08, 4:26 PM | Message # 26

Heads
Quote (Genasydal)
Lmao nothing changed, hip hop has in fact tooken samples since it first
started and is still goin on 2day, half of the production we hear come from
old rock songs, i also find it wack how they get pissed for using samples
yet your aloud to take a hook from another song "cough pac, cough puffy"

i think you misuderstood me, of course sampling hasnt changed in hip hop and its part of hip hop and part of many music genes dating back pretty far 1940's and beatles in the 1950's the beach boys, even as far back in jamaica with dub then Kool herc with his sampleing breaks, blends in his dejaying technique.. but thing is it has become illegal if it is pursued if someone sues you for it, it's supopsed to be cleared now, at least in the US with the original producer. some don't care and let it go but yes it did change by the fact that back then you didnt have to ask for persmission is what i meant. in the eyes of the law it was stealing, not in my eyes. i see it as makeing new music and to me its how some great beats live on, especially in old funk, disco, jazz, reggae and some rock. we all know we would't have hip hop without samples. its part of hip hop but money hungry artist started sueing because they wanted a piece of the pie. many lawsuite put some out of business because of sampling, like biz markie's case had a powerful effect on the record industry, with record companies becoming very much concerned with the legalities of sampling and demanding that artists make full declarations of all samples and then he came out with the album "all samples cleared" after the big seut but it was a dud.

Now some just let it go like the famous "amen break" sampled over 20 years but the 1969 winstons never sued for it. I see it as a privialedge to have my work sampled but some won't allow it or like it.. its just to bad but we can't change how its seen in the stupid laws eyes with copyright infridgment now and sample clearance.
right now common, kanye, method and redman might be looking at a lawsuit from a late jazz musicians daughter in the NY courts. it sucks but she might get paid for this. Well what could we do.

s0dr2 Date: Wednesday, 12/Nov/08, 10:28 AM | Message # 27

OGs
man i love hearing the samples people use in hip hop....fly like an eagle is also used by EPMD, guess what song?

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 12/Nov/08, 11:07 AM | Message # 28

Heads
What oft used sample was used in songs such as Jeru The Damaja's "My Mind Spray" and Murs/9th Wonder's "Murray's Revenged"?

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Chinita Date: Wednesday, 12/Nov/08, 11:12 AM | Message # 29

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
man i love hearing the samples people use in hip hop....fly like an eagle is also used by EPMD, guess what song?

Same here i love listening to samples, love EPMD. yea fly like an eagle was a hot one in the 80's. I had to think back for this one, its you're a customer and total kaos (EPMD) i think, can't hear the song right now cause i'm not on youtube. aaahh can't think straight right now.

Chinita Date: Wednesday, 12/Nov/08, 11:23 AM | Message # 30

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
What oft used sample was used in songs such as Jeru The Damaja's "My Mind Spray" and Murs/9th Wonder's "Murray's Revenged"?

are you talking about nautilus by Bob James?

Forum » Off-Topic » Polls, Games, & Surveys » Name that Sample or Post Samples
Search: