[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: El_Matador, ThaScience  
Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » RHHF Business Cards!
RHHF Business Cards!
Chinita Date: Tuesday, 23/Jun/09, 12:18 PM | Message # 1

Heads
i just realized this weekend that its a good idea if everyone make some business cards to carry around and be prepared when we go to concerts or just stop and talk to anyone about our site.. i went this saturday to a culture festival, all kinds of things going on with differents stages set up, one for pop, jazz, latin music from different counties, hip hop etccc...they had a stage for a site called somosperu.com, they had simple shirts with their site link in the back...so anyway i hung out with these underground hip hop artists that also formed connectbeats.com or something like that, i met and talked to their emcee for awhile, they kind of remind me of us where they have their own producers, mc's, dj's etc.. anyway point is i talked to them about our site, they handed me a business card with their website links on it, a cd and i had nothing lol i had to write down our site link and felt so unprofessional, i also could have passed out many business cards to many underground fans that were there.. well i was unprepared this time but summer started and we have lots of outdoor concerts,so i will probably try and print out a few business cards from microsoft words, i was thinking maybe a black background with or without our logo for now, if anyone has ideas lets us know or programs that are good for making business cards, it also dont cost that much to get a couple of hundred printed out at staples once they have a sample of it, so i just suggest for all to try and print some out even a simple card with our site and even the myspace and youtube links so we can be prepared to pass one out and people can have them in their wallet.

Uncharted Date: Tuesday, 23/Jun/09, 12:21 PM | Message # 2

Emcees
thats a great idea, idk if i can make any but i will try.

Chinita Date: Tuesday, 23/Jun/09, 12:46 PM | Message # 3

Heads
thanks, there are many free sites and programs to make them for free, this was a while ago but i remember making them in microsoft office and microsoft word which u probably have in ur computer, they have the templates set up and all u have to do is add ur design, logo, links ect, just fix it urself then buy business card paper and print a few out..i also had some printed at staples or any print shop back when i had a business, that was pretty cheap also for a couple of hundred cards depending on the quality paper and styles. if u search you'll find probably many free programs or in ur own computer to make them.

here is a site for free business cards
http://www.businesscardland.com/home/create-business-cards.html

http://www.vistaprint.com/vp....d=broad

this is an example of a template from microsoft office, print out would look like this
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Chinita Date: Tuesday, 23/Jun/09, 12:57 PM | Message # 4

Heads
free templates
http://www.businesscardland.com/home/free-templates.html

list of many free printable business card templates
http://desktoppub.about.com/od....rds.htm

Chinita Date: Tuesday, 23/Jun/09, 1:12 PM | Message # 5

Heads
Quote (Joker13)
some one make a real card and then let us all print it how about that :D?

yea good idea, thats if someone wants to volunteer to make something with our logo or just our colors. BCards can also be personal to reppresent you and the site so people might just want their own designs with their own style and maybe even name or their title on it "emcee" administrator, bboy, producer, dj, etc example even graffitti or simple, thats all cool also as long as it has realhiphopforever.com on it. we can even put a slogan on it.

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 23/Jun/09, 2:33 PM | Message # 6

Heads
if i can get $60-80 worth of donations i can go to Office Depot (which is where i had 500 cards for my personal training business made for $35) i can get about 1000 cards made and start mailing them out to people for free. that would, however, require me to get people's addresses. i can provide about $20 worth of that amount, maybe less, but i need others to chip in as well. this is why we also need to put together an album or a compilation. that way we can sell it for $10 at functions. i just watched my man Mnemonic raise $50 in like 3 minutes at an environmentalist gathering after some guys performed one of our tracks from the center because they had copies of their compilation on hand and told people about it and to come purchase it. also, it will give people a reason to come check the site.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Tuesday, 23/Jun/09, 5:06 PM | Message # 7

Heads
i dunno man, what's the point of business cards for a website?

i think we need to work on this site first before we do any of that

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Chinita Date: Tuesday, 23/Jun/09, 5:15 PM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
if i can get $60-80 worth of donations i can go to Office Depot (which is where i had 500 cards for my personal training business made for $35) i can get about 1000 cards made and start mailing them out to people for free. that would, however, require me to get people's addresses. i can provide about $20 worth of that amount, maybe less, but i need others to chip in as well.

sounds cool or people can print a few themselves but i can throw in $20 either way to help the others out but if someone can design it smile i'll just get my own copied over here at office depote. did we ever decide on a slogan? didn't know if we where still using where hip hop really lives, i remember some not liking that slogan.

Chinita Date: Tuesday, 23/Jun/09, 5:27 PM | Message # 9

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)
what's the point of business cards for a website?

almost all business and websites have cards with their name and site on it like those guys handed me and i just wrote down our site link on a piece of paper instead of handing them a business card.. read what i wrote..
Quote (LadyChinita)
i just realized this weekend that its a good idea if everyone make some business cards to carry around and be prepared when we go to concerts or just stop and talk to anyone about our site.. i went this saturday to a culture festival, all kinds of things going on with differents stages set up, one for pop, jazz, latin music from different counties, hip hop etccc...they had a stage for a site called somosperu.com, they had simple shirts with their site link in the back...so anyway i hung out with these underground hip hop artists that also formed connectbeats.com or something like that, i met and talked to their emcee for awhile, they kind of remind me of us where they have their own producers, mc's, dj's etc.. anyway point is i talked to them about our site, they handed me a business card with their website links on it, a cd and i had nothing lol i had to write down our site link and felt so unprofessional, i also could have passed out many business cards to many underground fans that were there.. well i was unprepared this time but summer started and we have lots of outdoor concerts,so i will probably try and print out a few business cards from microsoft words, i was thinking maybe a black background with or without our logo for now, if anyone has ideas lets us know or programs that are good for making business cards, it also dont cost that much to get a couple of hundred printed out at staples once they have a sample of it, so i just suggest for all to try and print some out even a simple card with our site and even the myspace and youtube links so we can be prepared to pass one out and people can have them in their wallet.

Quote (EmSeeD)
i think we need to work on this site first before we do any of that

acekat said he was working on the site and besides lol this is no big project,its just cards, people can get business cards or not, i just suggest u should but u dont have to, anyone can print their own, it just good to be prepared when ur out talking about ur site, ur busienss to have a card to hand out to people like me this weekend, all these underground and hip hop sites had business cards, even the emcee gave me a business card of his personal website.. its just a way to get ur site out, its small and can fit in ur wallet and looks professional, u can quickly hand out 30 cards in a crowd at a concert or anywhere and out of those 30, 5 might join..u have nothing to loose but u might gain and all for good cheap promoting and quick advertising.

Chinita Date: Tuesday, 23/Jun/09, 5:29 PM | Message # 10

Heads
Quote (Joker13)
nah that's wiggidy wiggidy wack

yea that was decided one time in the last site but someone said that makes us sound to stuck up so i dont want to use it.

Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Tuesday, 23/Jun/09, 5:53 PM | Message # 11

Rappers
Quote (eboyd)
. that would, however, require me to get people's addresses

i dont trust you! you fuckin stalker!!

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

TUMBLR CLICK CLICK CLICK!
Chinita Date: Tuesday, 23/Jun/09, 6:31 PM | Message # 12

Heads
does anybody have ideas for a good slogan for our group besides "where hip hop really lives" ?

oh wow i just found out the slogan "where hip-hop lives" belongs and is owned by emmis communications which are the owners of hot 97 ny station..interesting..

Chinita Date: Tuesday, 23/Jun/09, 7:14 PM | Message # 13

Heads
we dont necc need it or have to use it but some people use it to stand out, most business are well known for slogans, different sayings, a catchy phrase, they can also be used to explain what u do along side a logo or underneath the tile of ur site like we had in the last site. like allhiphop.com's slogan is "the worlds most dangrous site" connect beats have "dj's and music production" will just look good if i put something underneath the real hip hop forever name on the business card. it just looks better.

what about meth's saying?
Bros over hoes LOL j/k

Real Hip Hop Forever
"One Nation Under Hip Hop"

Real Hip Hop Forever
"the hip hop movement"

"support the culture"

"The Cultural Movement"

"support Hip Hop"

this one might be nice for us..

Real Hip Hop Forever
"Hip hop, It's More Than Music"

Chinita Date: Tuesday, 23/Jun/09, 7:23 PM | Message # 14

Heads
rapbasement.com has
"hip hop lifestyle network"

Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Tuesday, 23/Jun/09, 7:25 PM | Message # 15

Rappers
all hail eyar15

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

TUMBLR CLICK CLICK CLICK!
Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » RHHF Business Cards!
Search: