[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: El_Matador, ThaScience  
Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » Should We Restructure The Forum? If So, How?
Should We Restructure The Forum? If So, How?
Should We Restructure The Forum? If So, How?
1. Yes, we should restructure it in both ways [ 5 ] [55.56%]
2. We should only get rid of the "New Messages" layout. The Knowledge Section is a bad idea [ 1 ] [11.11%]
3. We should only start the Knowledge Section. Getting rid of the "New Messages" layout is a bad idea [ 2 ] [22.22%]
4. Neither is a good idea [ 0 ] [0.00%]
5. Certain aspects of each idea are good [ 0 ] [0.00%]
6. I have another idea (please explain) [ 1 ] [11.11%]
Answers total: 9
Adam Date: Wednesday, 09/Dec/09, 10:10 PM | Message # 16

B-Girls
Okay well if you get rid of new messages. You got to clean up all the mess in the forums. It is very unorganized, and needs to be a hell of a lot more appealing. It is just to many topics, all thrown at you at once. It is overwhelming.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 09/Dec/09, 10:19 PM | Message # 17

Heads
Thanks for pointing out another downfall of having the "New Messages" option. We, including us heads and ogs, neglect the other forums and end up cluttering everyting up. For example, we have a number of forums that have like 10 sticky threads. That is unacceptable and if it weren't for the "New Messages" we would be able to better regulate what gets stickied.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Wednesday, 09/Dec/09, 10:24 PM | Message # 18

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
we have a number of forums that have like 10 sticky threads.

i saw two forums (genral hip hop & regular off topic) with 5 sticky threads and all the rest had 1 or 2, unless someone has just unsticked them recently

i've been very busy and i did forget about the donations, i'll make a donation next week,

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
EmSeeD Date: Wednesday, 09/Dec/09, 10:26 PM | Message # 19

Heads
Quote (Adam)
Okay well if you get rid of new messages. You got to clean up all the mess in the forums. It is very unorganized, and needs to be a hell of a lot more appealing. It is just to many topics, all thrown at you at once. It is overwhelming.

idk how you would do that coz a lot of the threads are about different topics

apart from the tournament i actually stopped moderating all the other topics because i wanted the OG's to start doing it more

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 09/Dec/09, 10:35 PM | Message # 20

Heads
And the ogs won't start doing it unless they realize that it is a problem. How the hell will they know it's a problem when they have no incentive whatsoever to check out the forums? We're losing members. There is a reason for that. This, I believe, is the problem that is at the root of the entire issue. We can change it back if I am wrong at any time, but we will never know if it is truly the answer if we don't exercise our options. Better now than when we are paying for a site with far more members than we have now.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 09/Dec/09, 10:52 PM | Message # 21

Heads
RHHF Talk has 6:

http://realhiphop4ever.ucoz.com/forum/16

I also had to look no further than Gen Hip Hop to find one, as you mentioned, that has 5. I recall specifically agreeing in the OG's/Heads forum quite some time ago that each forum should have no more than 4 sticky threads, but since we can go straight to "New Messages", even though I instruct every new Head/OG to go to the Heads/OGs forum and read the rules they need to follow, they neglect to do so and they can easily just ignore those threads because they are "hard to find" for they are encouraged to be lazy and not go to the individual forums. More than 4 sticky threads looks sloppy. Also, we rarely get threads moved to the right forum until long afterward it's been incorrectly placed because no one notices what forum it is truly in.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Thursday, 10/Dec/09, 4:58 AM | Message # 22

Heads
Quote (EYAR15)
Leave the new message button and make a knowledge section

i concur whit his greatness EYAR15

Quote (eboyd)
Look, guys, important threads, like those in the OG's/Heads forum are getting neglected, the sticky threads mean absolutely nothing like this (including the donations thread and, although I may be confusing correlation with causation, possibly in direct effect I have received ZERO DONATIONS other than the expected donation from chinita. You guys can all kiss her ass for donating $50!!!!.

oh oh oh wait a minute calm down man we don't need to be bitch slapped to be reminded of that . Chinita donated that money out of love for this website i guarantee that so there is no need to be bitch slapped like that . Yes others must donate but we don't need to be bitch slapped to be reminded .

eboyd Date: Thursday, 10/Dec/09, 6:55 AM | Message # 23

Heads
You act like that is the only reason. I've just laid out like 20 different reasons. We are losing members and nobody else is joining. How is it like being "bitch slapped"??? That's a ridiculous analogy. We have heavy biases in here that need to be broken, we have threads getting neglected, a sloppy forum, etc. and all of it can be directly linked to the "New Messages" option. This site is a hip hop site FIRST and everything else second. We have completely lost the hip hop aspect of it because any and everyone here for hip hop has been discouraged and left or reverted to other topics. That is why the group is so much more successful. Remember, we can try it for just a week and see what happens. Give it a chance.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Thursday, 10/Dec/09, 7:24 AM | Message # 24

Heads
I'm not talking about the forum restructuring topic . I mean Chinita donating 50$ had nothing to do whit the forum restructuring debate. I don't know why you even mentioned it like you bitch slapped us for giving no money and now being pretentious . " You guys can all kiss her ass for donating $50!!!!. If it wasn't for her you guys could kiss the new site goodbye!) (including the donations thread and, although I may be confusing correlation with causation, possibly in direct effect I have received ZERO DONATIONS.
How should other people feel when you saying this at this tone ? . I personally feel like a liability and now when i am voting against i feel more like a liability because i am being pretentious on others peoples money and eventually time . That's how i see this message of yours.

Chinita Date: Thursday, 10/Dec/09, 9:37 AM | Message # 25

Heads
Quote (Menace)
Chinita donated that money out of love for this website i guarantee that

you know me to well :) of course because this site and rhhf in general is like my baby, like j1 said recently in a message, I've always been the queen the mother of rhhf :) and being a mother, u know i take care of my children and i luv u guys just as much. :)

We built this website, movement and group up with our bare hands as a team so i know in my heart if you guys could spare it or even had all the money you would donate so i throw in a little extra because right now i can spare it. everyone's financial situation will be different, some can't donate because they don't work, are still in high school, college or have more responsibilities than others so of course donations will all be different amounts but treated the same (equal) in here whether you donated $1, 5, 10 or 20 or what you can spare will all add up or you can make up for it by helping out, promoting, getting members to join, adding news, topics, blogs, keeping it active or any other area you can volunteer your time.

which btw i would like to make donating more anonymous (heads keep it to themselves) like throwing money into a large box...we can mention who donated but we don't have to mention how much unless the person wants to tell then its on them to post it, this way if a person donates $5, $1 won't feel any different than a person donating $50 or more because they shouldnt feel any different if you get my drift.

Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Thursday, 10/Dec/09, 1:39 PM | Message # 26

Rappers
Have you ever seen a forum without a new messages link?

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

TUMBLR CLICK CLICK CLICK!
EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 10/Dec/09, 2:24 PM | Message # 27

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
We are losing members and nobody else is joining

people are joining, we got a bunch of new members just recently, most of the people who have left have left because of their religion, i think mak left because he doesn't like all the knowledge stuff

eboyd Date: Thursday, 10/Dec/09, 3:32 PM | Message # 28

Heads
Quote (menace)
I'm not talking about the forum restructuring topic . I mean Chinita donating 50$ had nothing to do whit the forum restructuring debate. I don't know why you even mentioned it like you bitch slapped us for giving no money and now being pretentious . " You guys can all kiss her ass for donating $50!!!!. If it wasn't for her you guys could kiss the new site goodbye!) (including the donations thread and, although I may be confusing correlation with causation, possibly in direct effect I have received ZERO DONATIONS.
How should other people feel when you saying this at this tone ? . I personally feel like a liability and now when i am voting against i feel more like a liability because i am being pretentious on others peoples money and eventually time . That's how i see this message of yours.

That's just it. It is EXACTLY pertinent to this issue. Read the rest of my message. Yes, I was pissed and showed that I was pissed in that message. We're getting our new site but it's no thanks to any of us, only chinita. The reason it is pertinent is that almost no one saw the thread that I stickied because sticky threads don't mean shit here at RHHF because of the "New Messages" option. So yes, it have EVERYTHING to do with the issue. I'm just getting a little pissed because I spent my hard time trying to present an issue the site is having and the majority of you are brushing me off and ignoring my concerns like it's not a big fucking deal. It is! The "New Messages" option is a major disadvantage to us for ALL of the reasons I outlined, maybe more, and the advantages, while evident, just don't compare.

Quote (EYAR)
Have you ever seen a forum without a new messages link?

I've never seen one with a new messages link until this forum.

Quote (EmSeeD)
people are joining, we got a bunch of new members just recently

This is incorrect. I get a message every time someone joins. Yesterday was the first time we have had someone join since at least 2 weeks ago and that doesn't really count because the person who joined was a long lost member who made his return (DookieBlossumGameIII). We are averaging 1-2 members a month at this point. We were averaging 1 per week at one point. And even if we weren't in a decline, we are gaining members at a slower rate than we can because we are turning away specific demographics of users, particularly those of specific strong convictions for ideologies that oppose the majority of ours. If we get rid of the new messages option they won't be confronted with our views and it will be just fine. People like Pensmoke, MAK, LyricalContent, Deepru, etc., will not join/come back until we balance this site out. This is the only idea I have come up with to actively fix this issue.

Quote (EmSeeD)
most of the people who have left have left because of their religion, i think mak left because he doesn't like all the knowledge stuff

EXACTLY MY POINT! IF WE ARE TURNING PEOPLE AWAY FOR RELIGIOUS REASONS WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!! It needs to be fixed! If you don't want to try this, then come up with a better idea. But seriously, we have a problem that needs to be addressed.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Thursday, 10/Dec/09, 3:41 PM | Message # 29

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
That's just it. It is EXACTLY pertinent to this issue. Read the rest of my message. Yes, I was pissed and showed that I was pissed in that message. We're getting our new site but it's no thanks to any of us, only chinita.

Ok everyone of us are liabilities who play on others time and money . We should leave if we are liabilities

Quote (eboyd)
Deepru

The dude left both the group and the website because he felt we are getting too tolerant to wackness and whack people in his exact own words . I often speak whit him on PM's on youtube

emseed Date: Thursday, 10/Dec/09, 3:47 PM | Message # 30

Watchers
i don't know about deepru, i don't see him commenting in the youtube group and there's nothing on religion there, if think some people just got bored, this site was quite boring for some time its only just started picking up, but yeah i'm all for giving these ideas a try

other forums have a different kind of new messages link, there's a thing that scrolls down at the bottom that shows recent activity, i'm only worried that getting rid of it will make it harder to find threads, because there's so many threads in all the sections and people might forget what section the thread was in, but yeah i'd be willing to give it a try.

Added (10/Dec/09, 3:47 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
it pisses me off people can leave our site over petty things, they can't just not go into threads on atheism

Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » Should We Restructure The Forum? If So, How?
Search: