[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: El_Matador, ThaScience  
Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » Should We Restructure The Forum? If So, How?
Should We Restructure The Forum? If So, How?
Should We Restructure The Forum? If So, How?
1. Yes, we should restructure it in both ways [ 5 ] [55.56%]
2. We should only get rid of the "New Messages" layout. The Knowledge Section is a bad idea [ 1 ] [11.11%]
3. We should only start the Knowledge Section. Getting rid of the "New Messages" layout is a bad idea [ 2 ] [22.22%]
4. Neither is a good idea [ 0 ] [0.00%]
5. Certain aspects of each idea are good [ 0 ] [0.00%]
6. I have another idea (please explain) [ 1 ] [11.11%]
Answers total: 9
Menace Date: Thursday, 10/Dec/09, 3:48 PM | Message # 31

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
I spent my hard time trying to present an issue the site is having and the majority of you are brushing me off and ignoring my concerns like it's not a big fucking deal.

If the majority doesn't want it then we can't shove it down their throats we all agreed to be a coop so we must oblige . Second yes we can take do this as a provisional period of 1 week as Chinita said and see how it is if its great it says if its not we take it back

Quote (LadyChinita)
We built this website, movement and group up with our bare hands as a team so i know in my heart if you guys could spare it or even had all the money you would donate so i throw in a little extra because right now i can spare it. everyone's financial situation will be different, some can't donate because they don't work, are still in high school, college or have more responsibilities than others so of course donations will all be different amounts but treated the same (equal) in here whether you donated $1, 5, 10 or 20 or what you can spare will all add up or you can make up for it by helping out, promoting, getting members to join, adding news, topics, blogs, keeping it active or any other area you can volunteer your time.

which btw i would like to make donating more anonymous (heads keep it to themselves) like throwing money into a large box...we can mention who donated but we don't have to mention how much unless the person wants to tell then its on them to post it, this way if a person donates $5, $1 won't feel any different than a person donating $50 or more because they shouldnt feel any different if you get my drift.

GOD !! i love you LOL i mean your the sound maturates of this whole website most of us are teens and young adults whit bad tempers and fucked up attitudes !! i just love u

Chinita Date: Thursday, 10/Dec/09, 5:39 PM | Message # 32

Heads
Quote (Menace)
GOD !! i love you LOL i mean your the sound maturates of this whole website most of us are teens and young adults whit bad tempers and fucked up attitudes !! i just love u

love "blushing" :) thank u, love u to...

J-Breakz Date: Thursday, 10/Dec/09, 5:57 PM | Message # 33

Heads
If you guys are worried about money why don't you have like those google advertisements on the side. I usually hate ads on a site because it makes the site look cheesy but because the google ads aren't flashy or anything the site will still maintain it's professional look. And also we should hurry up and stop being supported by ucoz.com. We'd look even more serious if your forum was on your domain name.

livin life like some cheesy movie

Message edited by J-Breakz - Thursday, 10/Dec/09, 5:58 PM
Chinita Date: Thursday, 10/Dec/09, 6:16 PM | Message # 34

Heads
Quote (J-Breakz)
If you guys are worried about money why don't you have like those google advertisements on the side. I usually hate ads on a site because it makes the site look cheesy but because the google ads aren't flashy or anything the site will still maintain it's professional look. And also we should hurry up and stop being supported by ucoz.com. We'd look even more serious if your forum was on your domain name.

because the "hip hop" google ads can't make out the difference between underground hip hop and hip hop so the ads will be of commercial rap like lil wayne, soulja boy just very commercial. i have to see if they have changed n maybe have a category under underground hip hop but i doubt it.. ucoz is already advertising googles ads on the top when yur not signed in it appears.

Quote (J-Breakz)
And also we should hurry up and stop being supported by ucoz.com. We'd look even more serious if your forum was on your domain name.

well thats what we are trying to do but we didn't have a webdesigner to build it up after we purchased the new site, we do now and he will be getting his down payment soon to start working on the site...with the new site we can advertise other sites and thier banners better or even artists, with ucoz we are limited.

EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 10/Dec/09, 6:43 PM | Message # 35

Heads
Quote (J-Breakz)

we do have those ads, their in the green bar on the top but we don't own this site so we don't get any money from that, ucoz does

Quote (LadyChinita)
i have to see if they have changed n maybe have a category under underground hip hop but i doubt it.

yeah it has, it goes by who's name gets mentioned on here etc, so if there are lil wayne ads in the banner, we've been bitching about lil wayne

but i haven't seen anything like that in the bar in a long time, i mostly see "make your own hip hop beats" or "free hip hop beats" and things like that

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Chinita Date: Thursday, 10/Dec/09, 6:58 PM | Message # 36

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)
eah it has, it goes by who's name gets mentioned on here etc, so if there are lil wayne ads in the banner, we've been bitching about lil wayne

omg lol

Quote (EmSeeD)
but i haven't seen anything like that in the bar in a long time, i mostly see "make your own hip hop beats" or "free hip hop beats" and things like that

true the last time i looked up there it was some beats.

EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 10/Dec/09, 7:03 PM | Message # 37

Heads
i've just realized i think erik is right, i've just realized that the new messages actually makes me forget about threads, coz they get lost when other threads get bumped. so i'm gonna vote to get rid of it

so i change my vote

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Menace Date: Thursday, 10/Dec/09, 7:30 PM | Message # 38

Heads
Quote (J-Breakz)

yeah that whats stopping out overall advertising capabilities because we are on ucoz

J-Breakz Date: Thursday, 10/Dec/09, 10:47 PM | Message # 39

Heads
So why don't we just move the site from ucoz to eboyds domain name? That should be easy, then put up ads. If we just do that erik doesn't have to worry as much about finances, right?

Message edited by J-Breakz - Thursday, 10/Dec/09, 10:48 PM
Chinita Date: Thursday, 10/Dec/09, 11:12 PM | Message # 40

Heads
Quote (J-Breakz)
So why don't we just move the site from ucoz to eboyds domain name? That should be easy, then put up ads. If we just do that erik doesn't have to worry as much about finances, right?

there is no site to move it to until its built and thats what we need the money for, another $50 at least for the webdesigner but he is suppose to build it with the deposit we gave him alraedy and give us 3 months to raise the other $50. besides that, finances will always be needed to promote and for us to advertise, we can find many free things if we dig but you always need some cash eventually, what we have to do is go back to creating some rhhf t shirts and a few promotional items to sell but we need money to get them printed..t shirts will be good to make a few bucks and for promoting at the same time.

eboyd Date: Thursday, 10/Dec/09, 11:21 PM | Message # 41

Watchers
There's more to it than that. First we need to have a legit business account, which requires us to have a business first, so that I can set up a paypal to collect payments from artists who want advertising. We aren't going to do Google ads because of what chinita said and we need another $50 to set up the site through the web designer we have. So either way we need donations in order to get the new site going in the first place. Once we get there and legitimize, then we can advertise. I'm learning how to put together a business plan for us now.
Dookie Date: Thursday, 10/Dec/09, 11:31 PM | Message # 42

Emcees
EQUALITY=BEST, if you have certain topics for one or a few particular groups of people, then yes you should have other topics for other groups of people, all the disagreeing over religion, ideals etc, only creates more division amongst everyone, you should accpet the other persons beliefs, ideals regardless of if they do or dont agree with yours, i think of it along the lines of this, if you arent evil, im down for whatever. I think there should be separate threads where like minded people can discuss their beliefs ideals with rules in place that prevent trollers or people who dont agree disagreeing vigorously against them and causing strife. However there should also be threads where you can debate it with terms and conditions. If people leave the site over petty things thats their beef, however you should cater for everyone as hip hop is worldwide regardless of your origin, beliefs, ideals etc.

Intelligence is the understanding of self - Bruce Lee
J-Breakz Date: Thursday, 10/Dec/09, 11:43 PM | Message # 43

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
There's more to it than that. First we need to have a legit business account, which requires us to have a business first, so that I can set up a paypal to collect payments from artists who want advertising. We aren't going to do Google ads because of what chinita said and we need another $50 to set up the site through the web designer we have. So either way we need donations in order to get the new site going in the first place. Once we get there and legitimize, then we can advertise. I'm learning how to put together a business plan for us now.

Oh I thought there was one of you guys that knew html lol.

eboyd Date: Friday, 11/Dec/09, 4:56 PM | Message # 44

Heads
ok, we've got twice the votes for both than anything else. is it safe for me to change it now? remember, this can be undone.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Chinita Date: Friday, 11/Dec/09, 6:01 PM | Message # 45

Heads
Quote (Dookie)
EQUALITY=BEST, if you have certain topics for one or a few particular groups of people, then yes you should have other topics for other groups of people, all the disagreeing over religion, ideals etc, only creates more division amongst everyone, you should accpet the other persons beliefs, ideals regardless of if they do or dont agree with yours, i think of it along the lines of this, if you arent evil, im down for whatever. I think there should be separate threads where like minded people can discuss their beliefs ideals with rules in place that prevent trollers or people who dont agree disagreeing vigorously against them and causing strife. However there should also be threads where you can debate it with terms and conditions. If people leave the site over petty things thats their beef, however you should cater for everyone as hip hop is worldwide regardless of your origin, beliefs, ideals etc.
co-sign

Quote (eboyd)
ok, we've got twice the votes for both than anything else. is it safe for me to change it now? remember, this can be undone.

i guess thats the votes so go for it with the knowledge section

now "new messages" feature, lets try it for a week and monitor if there is any difference or if it slows down our threads, we will have to undo it quickly..i'm afraid people won't see new post but lets just try it out, we don't know what to expect but i have a feeling we might have to put it back lol.

Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » Should We Restructure The Forum? If So, How?
Search: