New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: El_Matador, ThaScience  
Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » Question
Question
J-Breakz Date: Monday, 04/Jan/10, 11:32 PM | Message # 1

Heads
The mods here support anarchy and oppose heirarchy. But why is the site set up as a heirarchy?

Heads
V
OGs
V
Blah blah
V
blah blah blah

I'm not trying to prove a point or anything. just curious.

livin life like some cheesy movie
eboyd Date: Monday, 04/Jan/10, 11:54 PM | Message # 2

Heads
Quote (J-Breakz)
The mods here support anarchy and oppose heirarchy. But why is the site set up as a heirarchy?

Heads
V
OGs
V
Blah blah
V
blah blah blah

I'm not trying to prove a point or anything. just curious.

first off the site setup doesn't allow us to create it in such a way so you have OGs and Heads rather than just Heads, second, much of the people that are OGs get promoted to Head and OG is more of a probationary period than anything, third, think not of Emcees and everything below as lower in the food chain than OGs and Heads, but just like any business, you have workers and consumers. the workers are the people actually running the business while the consumers are those benefiting from the business' product. OGs and Heads are the workers and Emcees, Rappers, DJs, etc. are the consumers. with the OGs and Heads in here, if you will notice, though the system makes it so that we need to be superior, we are not superior. each Head and each OG has the same decision making power, but we each have specialized jobs. Heads take care of administrative jobs and OGs take care of moderator jobs. we are not in charge of each other in any way, but because things can be fucked up by people who decide to hack our site, we need to be frugal on who we entrust to run the control panel.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

J-Breakz Date: Monday, 04/Jan/10, 11:56 PM | Message # 3

Heads
oh alrite cool

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 0:08 AM | Message # 4

Heads
np

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

I_Guy Date: Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 0:40 AM | Message # 5

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
but just like any business, you have workers and consumers. the workers are the people actually running the business while the consumers are those benefiting from the business' product. OGs and Heads are the workers and Emcees, Rappers, DJs, etc. are the consumers.

Not to mention the workers (OGs & Heads) work for free for the consumers. Additionally in most cases, those who volunteer to be moved up usually do get moved up simply by their request. There is no test to pass, the person just has to have a reasonable knowledge of the site (that is completely rational).

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
eboyd Date: Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 0:57 AM | Message # 6

Heads
Quote (I_Guy)
Not to mention the workers (OGs & Heads) work for free for the consumers.

hopefully not for long ;) i do plan to get us all paid eventually, but you guys need to just stick with it.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

J-Breakz Date: Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 1:17 AM | Message # 7

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
hopefully not for long ;) i do plan to get us all paid eventually, but you guys need to just stick with it.

Damn, what a great lie to have us continue being loyal to RHHF. LOL jp

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 1:42 AM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (J-Breakz)
Damn, what a great lie to have us continue being loyal to RHHF. LOL jp

rofl

it's sort of like religion :D i just need to add that if you remain with RHHF till you die you will go to heaven and have 1,000 whores at your disposal (and don't worry, there are no STDs or pregnancy in heaven) and if you leave us you're going to HELL! >(

oh, and no suicide. straight to hell for that as well rofl

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 8:36 AM | Message # 9

Heads
it's like a normal cooperative Heads and OG's are the worker owners and the rest are the consumers . Tough because we work as a coop we tend to involve almost everyone in decision making processes even our consumers . That's why the real life cooperatives have such good relationships whit their communities and their consumers they know the needs and wants of their consumers from the consumers themselves . As we go whit the needs and wants of everyone here . So i don't know how much hierarchy is involved here.

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 1:03 PM | Message # 10

Heads
Quote (Menace)
So i don't know how much hierarchy is involved here.

well, the hierarchy we do have is inherent in the program itself that uCoz is running. at the site we plan to move to i was thinking we can do even more to limit hierarchy but in order to do so we need to be wise on who we decide to allow to continue being a worker/owner. we cannot have people we entrust to run the site doing shit like what 8Diagrams has been doing here.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

J-Breakz Date: Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 1:17 PM | Message # 11

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
we cannot have people we entrust to run the site doing shit like what 8Diagrams has been doing here.

If ppl were getting paid there would be less of a chance of something like that happenin.

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 1:20 PM | Message # 12

Heads
Quote (J-Breakz)
If ppl were getting paid there would be less of a chance of something like that happenin.

this is very true and i do realize that, but i'm talking about prior to getting us all paid. remember, while we are moving to the site soon, i'm only beginning research in order to build a business plan.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 1:22 PM | Message # 13

Heads
btw, i emailed the ICA last night. i have their phone number as well so if i don't get a response i'll call (of course i do hope they speak English as the ICA for the Americas is located in South America lol).

btw, i'm moving this to RHHF Talk

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 1:56 PM | Message # 14

Heads
Erik when you have time contact AK Press they run an online bookstore so i think they know the ins and outs of this here's their email info@akpress.org . Their headquarters were in Scotland but now they relocated to the US their current HQ is in Oakland , California . Here's more detail about them full address whit telephone numbers and such http://www.akpress.org/contact .

Quote (eboyd)
well, the hierarchy we do have is inherent in the program itself that uCoz is running. at the site we plan to move to i was thinking we can do even more to limit hierarchy but in order to do so we need to be wise on who we decide to allow to continue being a worker/owner. we cannot have people we entrust to run the site doing shit like what 8Diagrams has been doing here.

Quote (J-Breakz)

Well such problems will disappear when we become a legitimate business . Of course the collective will still decide but hiring will involve signing at least a virtual contract if not a real one .

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 2:04 PM | Message # 15

Heads
Quote (Menace)
Erik when you have time contact AK Press they run an online bookstore so i think they know the ins and outs of this here's their email info@akpress.org . Their headquarters were in Scotland but now they relocated to the US their current HQ is in Oakland , California . Here's more detail about them full address whit telephone numbers and such http://www.akpress.org/contact.

thanks. will do.

Quote (Menace)
Well such problems will disappear when we become a legitimate business . Of course the collective will still decide but hiring will involve signing at least a virtual contract if not a real one .

agreed

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » Question
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: