New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 9
  • »
Forum moderator: El_Matador, ThaScience  
Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » RHHF Suggestions Box
RHHF Suggestions Box
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 10/Feb/10, 7:44 AM | Message # 1

Heads
here's a space to present suggestions on how we can improve the site. good suggestions will go to a fully democratic vote among all members. anyone can make a suggestion, but before you make a suggestion, please acknowledge the suggestion posted by the person above you.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 10/Feb/10, 7:47 AM | Message # 2

Heads
first suggestion:

i think we should allow Watchers to post in the Rant Forum. the forum is basically supposed to be the septic tank of RHHF where, if someone wants to go there to be a fuck or spam the shit out of things, they go there and spammity spam spam and fuck fuck away lol. so if someone wants to bitch and complain about how they are a Watcher and want to post elsewhere without signing up as well, then they can do that in the Rant Forum :D

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Chinita Date: Wednesday, 10/Feb/10, 10:46 AM | Message # 3

Heads
go for it, let them post in there..no big deal really and it can always be reversed..as long as you keep the link/url disabled for watchers.

ALCATRAZ Date: Wednesday, 10/Feb/10, 1:43 PM | Message # 4

Writers
no more split threads in hip hop related subforums... if the topic strays, let it stray... because if the thread gets cut, the original thread will get little to no hits following the split

"I personally think OBCL2 is better than the original" - Lord Meth

Acekat00o Date: Wednesday, 10/Feb/10, 3:48 PM | Message # 5

Heads
I suggest we make a top 25 hip-hop songs of all time

Graffiti
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 10/Feb/10, 4:22 PM | Message # 6

Heads
Quote (ALCATRAZ)
no more split threads in hip hop related subforums... if the topic strays, let it stray... because if the thread gets cut, the original thread will get little to no hits following the split

i don't think it matters how many hits the thread will get. i think what we need to do is chill a bit on how quick we are and how many times we split threads. we split threads WAAAY too quick and too often. maybe we can start a policy on when and where we split a thread and a maximum amount of thread splits?

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ALCATRAZ Date: Thursday, 11/Feb/10, 2:31 PM | Message # 7

Writers
Quote (eboyd)
maybe we can start a policy on when and where we split a thread and a maximum amount of thread splits?

or maybe we can just let threads run their course... like i said this isnt a high volume forum... no one is going to be missing out on any crucial information if threads dont get split... i could understand if it was a forum with immense traffic, but its not... just let em run, fuck it... is it THAT BAD that a discussion goes off topic... threads are getting split like its a matter of life and death lol...

"I personally think OBCL2 is better than the original" - Lord Meth

abanks47 Date: Thursday, 11/Feb/10, 3:28 PM | Message # 8

Emcees
Quote (Acekat00o)
I suggest we make a top 25 hip-hop songs of all time

through opinion or a poll? i think thats kinda coo

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

eboyd Date: Friday, 12/Feb/10, 0:44 AM | Message # 9

Heads
Quote (ALCATRAZ)
or maybe we can just let threads run their course... like i said this isnt a high volume forum... no one is going to be missing out on any crucial information if threads dont get split... i could understand if it was a forum with immense traffic, but its not... just let em run, fuck it... is it THAT BAD that a discussion goes off topic... threads are getting split like its a matter of life and death lol...

i mean like when geeks like me and Menace turn a hip hop debate into a political one lol. it turns people away from the convo. at the very least the political comments should be moved to other threads, like where they belong :D

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

abanks47 Date: Friday, 12/Feb/10, 2:59 AM | Message # 10

Emcees
-New Messages include all threads. i sometimes overlook some threads because thats the sourse i go to most
-A quick button for embedding video like we do for txt properties, img embedding, etc. its tedious to type [.video] all the time
-Customizable backgrounds/banners, or some type of control panel that lets us alter the color
-Allow us to put video in our signatures
-ummm shit i dono a cooking section. :D

Added (12/Feb/10, 2:59 Am)
---------------------------------------------
i also think splitting is necessary sometimes but id also like to suggest we as posters simply stay on topic and if something bothers you enough start a new thread

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

eboyd Date: Friday, 12/Feb/10, 3:33 AM | Message # 11

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
-New Messages include all threads. i sometimes overlook some threads because thats the sourse i go to most

that was how it was initially but we changed it because people were complaining that there's too much talk on politics and religion and not enough hip hop. we actually lost a lot of our most devoted members who were Christians because we have a group of atheists who are very strongly opposed to religion. we had to beg Pensmoke to come back and LyricalContent is probably gone forever. that is also why you don't see Melhex on here. MAK barely comes on because of the politics specifically as well as NtG.

Quote (abanks47)
-A quick button for embedding video like we do for txt properties, img embedding, etc. its tedious to type [.video] all the time

i feel you on that. idk if we have much of a say when it comes to that unfortunately. that all comes from uCoz. we'll see what we can do.

Quote (abanks47)
-Customizable backgrounds/banners, or some type of control panel that lets us alter the color

i'm not sure i understand what you mean by this.

Quote (abanks47)
-Allow us to put video in our signatures

that's another thing i'm not sure we can do through uCoz. we'll see what we can do. if it works we'll vote on it.

Quote (abanks47)
-ummm shit i dono a cooking section. :D

lol!

Quote (abanks47)
i also think splitting is necessary sometimes but id also like to suggest we as posters simply stay on topic and if something bothers you enough start a new thread

true.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Acekat00o Date: Friday, 12/Feb/10, 11:41 AM | Message # 12

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
through opinion or a poll? i think thats kinda coo

We gather peoples opinions then make a poll out of it and choose the top 25 IN ORDER

Graffiti
abanks47 Date: Friday, 12/Feb/10, 12:30 PM | Message # 13

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
i'm not sure i understand what you mean by this.

you no how the background right now is grey and red. i think there should be something that allows people to choose those colors. you can have blue and black, i could have black and grey, etc. people could pick whatever theyd want

Added (12/Feb/10, 12:30 Pm)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (Acekat00o)
We gather peoples opinions then make a poll out of it and choose the top 25 IN ORDER

i say do it, i think most if not all active posters would participate. maybe make it annual or some shit as the site gets more and more people

eboyd Date: Friday, 12/Feb/10, 3:50 PM | Message # 14

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
you no how the background right now is grey and red. i think there should be something that allows people to choose those colors. you can have blue and black, i could have black and grey, etc. people could pick whatever theyd want

oh, that's another thing idk that we can do.

Quote (abanks47)
i say do it, i think most if not all active posters would participate. maybe make it annual or some shit as the site gets more and more people

i agree.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

abanks47 Date: Friday, 12/Feb/10, 3:52 PM | Message # 15

Emcees
werent u guys going to change domains? hows that coming or is there another thread for that.

Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » RHHF Suggestions Box
  • Page 1 of 9
  • »
Search: