Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: El_Matador, ThaScience  
Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » More people
More people
abanks47 Date: Monday, 22/Feb/10, 1:28 AM | Message # 31

Emcees
Quote (LadyChinita)
i hate hearing we don't have enough hip hop threads in here, knowledge, religion threads are not even in the "new messages" we did do alot and made alot of changes in here to make everyone as happy and comfortable as we can but i guess thats not good enough..we have many hip hop threads but the attention goes to nonsense threads, for instance, i posted something so important about hip hop history...not one person looked at it..amazing. this site is very hip hop....we have a hip hop news section, hip hop elements which is for bboying, graffiti, many djay threads, hip hop history section with threads that i post topics and videos in all, mixtapes thread, cypher, battles, artists introduction section, underground hh, rate and review....we have a hip hop videos section and our gen hip hop threads, we have a hip hop blogs section that no one contributes to but i have..has anyone read it? also a hip hop main page with plenty of updates, hip hop news, articles etc that i add to everyday..u can comment on them also..anyway......... but u know what? not everybody is ever going to be completely happy with everything we try to do.

slam dunk!!! chinita just did the shaq attack dunk on yall lol

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

eboyd Date: Monday, 22/Feb/10, 1:50 AM | Message # 32

Heads
i've been writing so much, maybe i should focus more of my time on writing blogs.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Chinita Date: Monday, 22/Feb/10, 3:06 AM | Message # 33

Heads
quote...'ve been writing so much, maybe i should focus more of my time on writing blogs. uote]
:) here is the blog, go see what i've added please..

http://realhiphop4ever.ucoz.com/blog/

Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Monday, 22/Feb/10, 3:18 AM | Message # 34

Rappers
Erik, I feel sorry for your keyboard. It must be screaming for you to stop typing

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

TUMBLR CLICK CLICK CLICK!
eboyd Date: Monday, 22/Feb/10, 4:26 AM | Message # 35

Heads
Quote (EYAR15)
Erik, I feel sorry for your keyboard. It must be screaming for you to stop typing

:D it's more the keyboard on my phone than my PC. you should see my notes on my cell. i have like a thousand :D

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

TheWatcher Date: Monday, 22/Feb/10, 5:18 AM | Message # 36

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)
i have noticed christians stay away from the political topics or religious topics, even when the political topic has nothing to do with religion, but they do come for the hip hop topics, its not just Pensmoke its most of the christian members here, the only christians here who go into the political or religious threads are s0dr and myself. i'm not sure if ThaScience is a christian or not. Maybe we've just been lacking in the hip hop topics lately, we get mixed views because i've seen people say there are too many threads in the hip hop section but then the same people want more hip hop topics which would mean more threads wouldn't it?

I've ignored the Political section for months now but this shit still spreads out onto the regular boards, this thread being one example but there are many more.

Quote (eboyd)
but we have, as of recent, done a great job of keeping debate civilized (myself, Menace, I_Guy, LadyChinita, and only a few others. We are actually the minority from my calculations).

You may be a minority but you're a very loud minority to put it that way.

Quote (Pensmoke)
LOL You did this for me? Who is 'we'? I can agree with a comment whether you feel you 'resolved' it or not. And besides I am talking about why most emcees I know (even some cats I know that are on the fence about what they believe) have declined my invitations to join here after coming and seeing how wacky and out in left field some of the 'revolutionary' stuff is on here. Why do you think, even though I am a member of the site, I don't promote the site vehemently? I can't with a clear conscience. A Hip Hop site should be about Hip Hop first and foremost, not a place to pitch your worldview. Do you see me coming on here trying to preach to anybody? I bring my faith up ONLY when it is being attacked and belittled. I come here because this is a 'Hip Hop' site.

Word to Pensmoke.

TheWatcher Date: Monday, 22/Feb/10, 5:26 AM | Message # 37

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)
its freedom of speech, there's a lot more offensive things to say about religion then what ilikebacon said, i just took it as a harmless joke

And at the same time anybody should have the freedom to leave which is why forums usually don't begin the forum rules by saying Freedom of and end them with speech because nobody's going to take that shit. There's so many idiots on the internet who feel like they can say anything they want because of the name discretion and the fact that he'll probably never see the other person face to face. If a forum can't sort that shit out then people are going to want to go elsewhere to talk about whatever they want to talk about.

eboyd Date: Monday, 22/Feb/10, 5:47 AM | Message # 38

Heads
Quote (TheWatcher)
You may be a minority but you're a very loud minority to put it that way.

loud in what way? in that when it is pertinent we bring our opinions about? in that just as a large portion of the great hip hop artists have done, we use hip hop as a vehicle of social justice and vice versa (social justice as an inspiration to create and promote hip hop and a vehicle to free hip hop of the bondages of those who wish to exploit it for it's profitability)? in that we believe knowledge to be the key element of hip hop culture and that we believe the particular knowledge we are espousing is pertinent to the issue of the struggle behind hip hop (which has been relevant from the beginning)? we only argue (in a less than offensive way) when it is pertinent or we are being brought into question about our beliefs. this is not something that can be said of most forums. i would contest that we are probably one of the best in that regard. every forum has heated religious and political banter that spews into the general and off-topic forums. our forum actually doesn't have that. we have religious and political tomfoolery and civilized debate. the fact that we initially had heated debates is something we nipped in the bud early on and it changed and hasn't been a problem since, due to the fact that we put in place a section that was specifically for such heated discussions and, ironically, for the most part, when that forum was put in place, even in that forum uncivilized discussion virtually ceased to exist (of course until recently, for obvious reasons that need not be discussed here). it is apparent you don't frequent forums across the internet because if you did you would notice that the attacks, particularly on politics and religion, are generally mild here in comparison to other websites.

Quote (TheWatcher)
Word to Pensmoke.

Quote (LadyChinita)
i hate hearing we don't have enough hip hop threads in here, knowledge, religion threads are not even in the "new messages" we did do alot and made alot of changes in here to make everyone as happy and comfortable as we can but i guess thats not good enough..we have many hip hop threads but the attention goes to nonsense threads, for instance, i posted something so important about hip hop history...not one person looked at it..amazing. this site is very hip hop....we have a hip hop news section, hip hop elements which is for bboying, graffiti, many djay threads, hip hop history section with threads that i post topics and videos in all, mixtapes thread, cypher, battles, artists introduction section, underground hh, rate and review....we have a hip hop videos section and our gen hip hop threads, we have a hip hop blogs section that no one contributes to but i have..has anyone read it? also a hip hop main page with plenty of updates, hip hop news, articles etc that i add to everyday..u can comment on them also..anyway......... but u know what? not everybody is ever going to be completely happy with everything we try to do.

http://realhiphop4ever.ucoz.com/forum/4-4160-1

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Monday, 22/Feb/10, 5:51 AM | Message # 39

Heads
Quote (TheWatcher)
And at the same time anybody should have the freedom to leave which is why forums usually don't begin the forum rules by saying Freedom of and end them with speech because nobody's going to take that shit. There's so many idiots on the internet who feel like they can say anything they want because of the name discretion and the fact that he'll probably never see the other person face to face. If a forum can't sort that shit out then people are going to want to go elsewhere to talk about whatever they want to talk about.

look around though. we're not the only (or worst) forum with this problem. we're not even on the bottom half. we're actually quite a civilized forum compared to other hip hop forums. unfortunately the stigma of modern hip hop attracts a lot of idiocy and such cannot be avoided. the fact that the problems we are having are that peoples' philosophies, politics, religion, etc., are being attacked is a huge accomplishment for a hip hop website because if you go, for example, to UGHH, every thread is ruined by some douchebag who can't spell for shit trolling about how people hate on Lil Wayne too much and "blood this" and "crip that".

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Monday, 22/Feb/10, 9:06 AM | Message # 40

Heads
Quote (LadyChinita)

EXACTLY

HateMainstreamMusic Date: Monday, 22/Feb/10, 9:29 AM | Message # 41

Emcees
Quote (LadyChinita)

i know this is a hip hop forum... and i pretty much agree with what you said... but idk about everyone else... but this is the only forum that i post in anymore... so i guess thats why i love talking about the very common non hip hop threads... of course i'll start checking the blogs because that seems fun... i like this website not only because its an amazing hip hop website... but because i like the people on it... from pensmoke to eboyd... from bacon to abanks... i like most of the people here...

Quote (LadyChinita)
but u know what? not everybody is ever going to be completely happy with everything we try to do.

yep... but i'm happy here :) ... as long as i know people like you(and of course a lot of others) are doing so much just to help this little community we have ... well thats EXACTLY why i like this website

Menace Date: Monday, 22/Feb/10, 9:33 AM | Message # 42

Heads
Quote (HateMainstreamMusic)
but because i like the people on it... from pensmoke to eboyd... from bacon to abanks... i like most of the people here...

Oh so you don't like me ? :( You just broke my heart . LOL

HateMainstreamMusic Date: Monday, 22/Feb/10, 9:45 AM | Message # 43

Emcees
Quote (Menace)
Oh so you don't like me ? You just broke my heart . LOL

no i fucking hate you, you faggot... you RUIN this forum for me RUIN IT!!!!
sadly I didn't find a sarcasm cat

TheWatcher Date: Monday, 22/Feb/10, 9:58 AM | Message # 44

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
loud in what way?

Loud in the way you always seem to end up making religious comments, even if the thread isn't slightly related to it whereas the rest of us don't really bring it up because if we wanted to discuss/argue about religion we would go to a forum dedicated to just that, I'm sure there are a few out there. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the Off-Topic threads, I think that's part of what makes this forum good and I don't even mind the political comments much (although I find myself not being interested in them a lot of the time) but I can't even begin to understand how it's possible to mention religion in so many threads. I won't bother with the rest of the rhetoric questions in there.

Quote (eboyd)
every forum has heated religious and political banter that spews into the general and off-topic forums.

That statement is incorrect.

Quote (eboyd)
the fact that we initially had heated debates is something we nipped in the bud early on and it changed and hasn't been a problem since, due to the fact that we put in place a section that was specifically for such heated discussions and, ironically, for the most part, when that forum was put in place, even in that forum uncivilized discussion virtually ceased to exist

I think it's safe to say that that's because you're no longer getting in our face with your opinions/beliefs anymore for the most part which I believe to be fair, I don't remember seeing a single religious person bashing your beliefs or constantly going on about atheism in off-topic/Hip Hop threads.

Quote (eboyd)
it is apparent you don't frequent forums across the internet because if you did you would notice that the attacks, particularly on politics and religion, are generally mild here in comparison to other websites.

I do, and you are again incorrect. Any half decent organization generally cleans these things up as soon as they spot them.

Quote (eboyd)
ook around though. we're not the only (or worst) forum with this problem. we're not even on the bottom half. we're actually quite a civilized forum compared to other hip hop forums. unfortunately the stigma of modern hip hop attracts a lot of idiocy and such cannot be avoided. the fact that the problems we are having are that peoples' philosophies, politics, religion, etc., are being attacked is a huge accomplishment for a hip hop website because if you go, for example, to UGHH, every thread is ruined by some douchebag who can't spell for shit trolling about how people hate on Lil Wayne too much and "blood this" and "crip that".

I've been to UGHH, the layout is about the worst I've ever seen and I can't imagine those people having active moderators. I didn't really like the Hip Hop threads there either.

Chinita Date: Monday, 22/Feb/10, 12:27 PM | Message # 45

Heads
Quote (TheWatcher)
Freedom of and end them with speech

exactly freedom to leave is true, for as long as we been here people come and go...this will always be the case.

here are the forum rules for anyone that has not read them lol it deffinately don't say freedom of speech. i think i will copy this and put it as a sticky in every forum.

http://realhiphop4ever.ucoz.com/forum/2-308-1

forum rules
Please read these COMPLETELY before posting comments

Rules And Guidlines:

These rules have been put in place to run a smooth forum and to create a comfortable atmosphere for all members. When neccessary administrators may take the proper action to ensure the well-being and stability of this forum and that these forums are not disrupted, or abused in anyway in order to best serve our members, affiliates, and many visitors/watchers.

1. Members who persist at breaking any of the rules may have their account banned or removed after some warnings, either in part or in its entirety. Try not to be a nuisance or distraction to other members. We hope that rhhf members and supporters will understand and appreciate why we must put these guidelines in place.

2. Please avoid rudeness or insults altogether from forum discussions and debating, we will absolutely not tolerate or condone excessive rudeness , abusive language, personal attacks, random insults, racially charged remarks, random nonsense, inflammatory or provocative posts that serve no purpose to the forums or the topics and can possibly be removed on the spot.

3. Respect the opinions of others. No one is going to feel the same way as you in every case. If you disagree, be civil and respectful about it or don't say anything at all. We don't need posts turning into a place to insult one another. If you start ruining every post by being a disturber and starting arguments intentionally, you will be warned then possibly banned or removed. It gets to the point that people won't want to waste their time here, and we will not let that happen.

4. We ask that you please try your best to post topics in the appropriate sections by doing a search for it. This isn't a huge deal because moderators will move it to keep things going smoothly. In order to keep the place cleaned up and organized, moderators may have to relocate, delete, modify, merge, edit, or lock any threads posted.

5. Please try and limit from posting many meaningless threads or one word non-sense posts as much as possible. These posts sometimes interrupt the flow and discourage users from participating in other meaningful discussions. To keep things flowing smoothly we might simply delete, move to the proper sections, merge your threads or lock any thread that is considered to be meaningless or malicious.

6. Porn, nudity or porn links are strictly prohibited in the site or any ucoz (web host) websites according to their rules and regulations. We dont want to loose our site for breaking rules, also because many of our members are under 18 and for the sake of our RHHF future image and what we reppresent its best not to. This includes images displayed in member avatars, sigs and videos.

Conduct Of Debating
http://realhiphop4ever.ucoz.com/forum/2-1381-1#29635

*All forum changes, rules and updates are carried out with the consideration of users’ opinions and interests.

Quote (TheWatcher)
I do, and you are again incorrect. Any half decent organization generally cleans these things up as soon as they spot them.

i guess the moderators should try and monitor that more but remember we don't have alot of help in here to be on top of it all, maybe if we had more help...although this is interesting because when we do clean it up right away or we ban a person for this, we still get shitted on by members saying we to strict or we not strict enough lol so nobody is every happy in here.. we have removed several or banned some that were a problem in this site since it got started..all we can do is handle the problem as it arises since we can't possibly see everything that goes on here all the time..once its brought to our attention then we handle it like we did with 8diagram. loved that kid but we got many complaints about his constant insults and although i never saw them because i'm not in the threads as much as others, we took into consideration the ones that were complaining, we did some investigating, gave him warnings, discussed it for a few days and he being one of our own mods was finally demoted and banned for 3 days..we had another case with other members or og's/heads, some of you haven't been here from the beginning when we started in another site then moved here..we had to remove and ban even one of our heads "strykah" that was with us from the beginning but very immature with his actions..after awhile he was also banned and saddly blocked because of his actions..if its a problem, we try our best to give chances, we talk to them...then take care of it after a huge discussion in our "invisible" og's/heads or heads forum..one incident at a time when we notice it or someone tells us is all we can do.

religion was one of our longest longest discussions in the heads forum for awhile because some of us brought this problem up and we try to please everyone when we see a problem, we discuss ways of changing these problems then we do our best, no one should get insulted whether they believe in God or some idle or don't believe anything..its their business and all are welcome here to discuss it in the appropriate sections if they choose..i personally come here to promote and talk about hip hop or non hip hop like gen music, sports, entertainment and not my beliefs because thats my business and thats what i choose. now i do love reading the knowledge section because i also learn alot from what others have to say..i'm opened to learn and not be stubborn or close my eyes to anything because to me life is all about learning, learning something new everyday or intersting how others view things, learning from each other whether we agree or not.

Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » More people
Search: