Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: El_Matador, ThaScience  
Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » More people
More people
ilikebacon3000 Date: Saturday, 20/Feb/10, 2:39 AM | Message # 1

Emcees
It seems like alot of people visit, but almost no one signs up. I'm begining to feel pessimistic guys :(
I love our group alot (no homo), but it seems like we aren't growing. Blehhhh :'(

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
eboyd Date: Saturday, 20/Feb/10, 3:03 AM | Message # 2

Heads
dude, i get emails every time a new member joins. in the last couple of months the rate of new members joining has shot up intensely. we now get at least 1 new member a day, compared to what it was just a few months ago (about 1 new member every 2 weeks).

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ilikebacon3000 Date: Saturday, 20/Feb/10, 3:16 AM | Message # 3

Emcees
but how many of these members are actually staying active?

eboyd Date: Saturday, 20/Feb/10, 3:32 AM | Message # 4

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
but how many of these members are actually staying active?

that is an issue that we should figure out the solution to. are we driving away members? in what ways? what can be done to prevent this? most, however, post at least once and log in infrequently but still consistently without posting. not all members have to post in order to be considered loyal members. for example, Lyrics4Sale and mistaflo regularly post videos on the main page.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Saturday, 20/Feb/10, 6:00 AM | Message # 5

Heads
i think people only post when they see a thread they think is interesting, maybe its harder for people who aren't here regularly to post coz they don't know what to say or what to post about

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Menace Date: Saturday, 20/Feb/10, 4:57 PM | Message # 6

Heads
Taylor please get laid

ilikebacon3000 Date: Saturday, 20/Feb/10, 6:10 PM | Message # 7

Emcees
Quote (Menace)
Taylor please get laid

lololoololoolololo no i will not have sexual intercourse out of wedlock it's against the will of my glorious god almighty

Menace Date: Saturday, 20/Feb/10, 6:12 PM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
lololoololoolololo no i will not have sexual intercourse out of wedlock it's against the will of my glorious god almighty

eboyd Date: Saturday, 20/Feb/10, 6:20 PM | Message # 9

Heads
haha! lol!

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Saturday, 20/Feb/10, 9:21 PM | Message # 10

Heads
Quote (Pensmoke)
This rings true:

Quote (MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue)
Lately this site has been pretty bogus... Today I log in, click on the new messages page and see little to no hiphop discussion whatsoever. You'd think for a "REAL HIPHOP" site we'd have a lot more topics being dicussed that are hiphop related. If I wanted to discuss politics and sociology and religion I'd go to related sites.

We resolved that problem Pen stop crying about it ;) . Hit new messages and you will see we took down the Knowledge/political section tore it up and took it from the new messages so it doesn't appear in the new messages . We done major changes for YOU so at least be grateful . In other hip hop forums your beliefs are dissed in the literal sense we are the nicest hip hop website YOU will ever visit so at least recognize that .

ilikebacon3000 Date: Saturday, 20/Feb/10, 10:14 PM | Message # 11

Emcees
Dude I'm not even going to jump in between Pen and Menace's thing because I was gone when ya'll changed that I think.
But yeah, I know what Pen means.
Possible solution: Maybe when someone like Pen comes, rather than certain people jumping on them, we just hold peaceful discussions. I will agree with Pen that it is VERY one sided, VERY. I am on the fence so I can't really speak for either side. I'm sorry if my comment offended you pen. But yeah, I mean you can't really blame Pen.
And also, I think that more knowledge/religious/philosophical discussion goes on here than actual hiphop discussion, on the real (not to sound wigger lol. its just the only way I could put it)

eboyd Date: Saturday, 20/Feb/10, 10:26 PM | Message # 12

Heads
The site administration in general made a decision to make such changes, not just Menace, but I understand what you are trying to say. Menace, there's no need to go into attack mode.

Anyways, what exactly is the issue with us being a somewhat politically oriented website in addition to the hip hop? What with Public Enemy, Paris, KRS-One, Dead Prez, Immortal Technique, Last Emperor, etc., etc. being as political as they are, and in addition, so many rappers (many of which are Christian) having on occasion things to say regarding politics, I'm failing to see the issue with us discussing such topics, even on a regular basis, especially considering if anything it only elevates conversation.

Pensmoke, I ask this only out of sincere curiosity and interest for the well being of this site: what are some of the things mentioned that friends of yours have taken issue with? The political banter, much like on other forums of all topics, has been limited to a small corner of our website, the religious diversity of active members, whether you want to believe it or not, is quite wide, given that many of our most active members are religious and only range in how serious their belief is (abanks47, LordMeth, EmSeeD, Uncharted, ALCATRAZ, ThaScience, s0dr2, ritesofpasage, MAK, etc.) and others, including myself, range from secular but spiritual to strong atheists, but we have, as of recent, done a great job of keeping debate civilized (myself, Menace, I_Guy, LadyChinita, and only a few others. We are actually the minority from my calculations). The difference is that we are comfortable with actively discussing and debating, in a healthy fashion, our beliefs. Many religious folks -- and I do not fault them for this -- are uncomfortable discussing their religion, so the discussion looks very one-sided. However, when we take measures to completely sort religious/political discussion away from everything else so that a person who doesn't want to discuss such things on the site doesn't have to, I think it is more than fair and I do not understand what mistake we are making, so please, Pen, enlighten me as to what we are doing wrong, because if we are turning away potential members still, we are obviously making some fundamental mistake somewhere.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 21/Feb/10, 1:05 AM | Message # 13

Heads
i have noticed christians stay away from the political topics or religious topics, even when the political topic has nothing to do with religion, but they do come for the hip hop topics, its not just Pensmoke its most of the christian members here, the only christians here who go into the political or religious threads are s0dr and myself. i'm not sure if ThaScience is a christian or not. Maybe we've just been lacking in the hip hop topics lately, we get mixed views because i've seen people say there are too many threads in the hip hop section but then the same people want more hip hop topics which would mean more threads wouldn't it?

Adam Date: Sunday, 21/Feb/10, 1:14 AM | Message # 14

B-Girls
Simple keep your smart stuff in your closet, not the site.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 21/Feb/10, 2:00 AM | Message # 15

Heads
tbh i've been looking at the yt group a lot for the hip hop topics, i guess thats why i don't comment on the hip hop topics here or make hip hop topics here as much coz i've been doing that in the yt group.

don't forget the yt group

http://www.youtube.com/group/realhiphop4ever

btw you should also check out the main page i think its dope right now

http://realhiphop4ever.ucoz.com/index/0-16

Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » More people
Search: