[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: El_Matador, ThaScience  
Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » Do We Even Need This Forum Anymore?
Do We Even Need This Forum Anymore?
eboyd Date: Monday, 27/Jun/11, 7:37 PM | Message # 1

Heads
this is an honest question guys. we don't generate anywhere near enough traffic anymore to say that we need this forum. we haven't for a long time. if we're not going to care about keeping it going, why should we hold onto it? it just makes the site look tacky to keep a dead forum open.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Chinita Date: Monday, 27/Jun/11, 8:45 PM | Message # 2

Heads
of course we need it..its our home..its our mecca since we lost the group and sometimes old members appear..its got history, old threads and no matter wat...we come back...........the ones that care should help us promote it more...

ilikebacon3000 Date: Monday, 27/Jun/11, 10:31 PM | Message # 3

Emcees
to be honest we're never going to be back where we were

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
ilikebacon3000 Date: Monday, 27/Jun/11, 10:31 PM | Message # 4

Emcees
but i wanna keep it open cause i love you guys (much homo)

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
eboyd Date: Tuesday, 28/Jun/11, 0:09 AM | Message # 5

Heads
Honestly, yeah, it's our Mecca and all, but if no one gives a shit and it remains dormant, what's the point? We still have the main page and our social network. What we need more than a forum is to build local street teams and do shit off the net. This forum is dragging us down at this point. It looks tacky because no one uses it, and seriously, fuck everyone on this site who just gets on here and tries to use it as an internet lounge but doesn't do shit else. We need to move on. We need to start telling those people to fuck off and start bringing in people who will actually be dedicated to getting this movement to where it needs to be.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Adam Date: Tuesday, 28/Jun/11, 3:27 AM | Message # 6

B-Girls
No one gives a shit? if that was true that would not apply to any of us, because we are the very few left.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 28/Jun/11, 2:31 PM | Message # 7

OGs
its official...erik hates me

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Adam Date: Tuesday, 28/Jun/11, 3:03 PM | Message # 8

B-Girls
Only when you try to resist.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
Lord_Meth Date: Tuesday, 28/Jun/11, 6:11 PM | Message # 9

Heads
I agree with Erik. I won't be active at all once I start college. My head is going to be in the books as well as my own. I'm going to be focused on me. It's not like I contributed much anyway.

Sick With It
El_Matador Date: Wednesday, 29/Jun/11, 1:33 PM | Message # 10

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)
My head is going to be in the books as well as my own

Yeah right. I used to think the same shit before I started university. And now I'm focused on anything but not on the uni. And I use cheat sheets on almost every exam. I thought that English Studies will be about English but they're not.

I think that Erik is right. The forum is dying out. If we're not going to get rid of it then maybe we'll lock it so it could be visible only for registered people?

MENACE 2 JOKER: Go back to Mexico you damn spic
JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

s0dr2 Date: Wednesday, 29/Jun/11, 2:01 PM | Message # 11

OGs
Quote (El_Matador)
If we're not going to get rid of it then maybe we'll lock it so it could be visible only for registered people?

o snap, that'll make the forum more elite and intriguing to nonmembers...btw cheat sheets??? i wanna go to ur uni lol

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

El_Matador Date: Wednesday, 29/Jun/11, 4:04 PM | Message # 12

Heads
Quote (s0dr2)
o snap, that'll make the forum more elite and intriguing to nonmembers..

That's the point. When non-members would see the emptiness they would be turned off.

Quote (s0dr2)
btw cheat sheets??? i wanna go to ur uni lol

Cheating on exams is easy to master. I have my own technique lol

MENACE 2 JOKER: Go back to Mexico you damn spic
JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 30/Jun/11, 4:21 AM | Message # 13

Heads
its inactive but it does come in handy for things like the collab track and the top albums etc, the way i see it if its inactive i'd rather just leave it here anyway

btw its not just our site this is happening to, i'm on about 3 other forums and all of them are nowhere near as active as they used to be

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
TheWatcher Date: Thursday, 30/Jun/11, 6:08 AM | Message # 14

Heads
Perhaps the forum just isn't getting enough promotion. I believe most of that goes to the main page/the facebook page. Or perhaps it's because nothing exciting is happening in Hip Hop, but I doubt it.
eboyd Date: Thursday, 30/Jun/11, 12:51 PM | Message # 15

Heads
that's a pretty good idea actually El-Mat. is there any way we can hide the forum from non-members? i know we just opened comments to Watchers again, but maybe, like he said, only being able to see it as a member will draw more membership.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » Do We Even Need This Forum Anymore?
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: