[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: Aristotle, s0dr2, ThaScience  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » "The Carter 3" ((The Carter 3 HONEST REVIEW))
"The Carter 3"
ilikebacon3000 Date: Wednesday, 15/Oct/08, 10:19 PM | Message # 1

Emcees
I hate Lil Wayne, but I decided to listen to C3 nonstop all the way through To see waht all the hyoe is.
3 peat----- He does well letting the person know he is serious, although I found the beat extremly reptitive. Overall meteoker at best.

Mr.Carter (feat. Jay z)--- Again, beats are typical. Jay Z barley made and apperence on it, and basically wayne is comparing himself to the "martyrs" of hip hop, such as Tupac, BIG, and Jay Z. The rest of the song hes talking about Being ill and awesome. I give it a solid 7/10.

A Milli(feat cory gunz??????)--- One of the few tracks that I can say I like. It is a guilty pleasure. He does kill it on this one. If it wasnt for the part about "My name aint bic but i keep that flame" he would have truthfully aced it. The version I heard was the one where its only wayne, no cory guns, and the beginging he doesent laugh. Noraml voice all the way through. No throwing it and no call and response vocals. The version I heard i give it 9/10 becasue of clever metaphors and a catchy beat. Sadly he made a good song out of such a crappy beat.

Got Money (feat T-Pain)----- First off, this is not rap, or even hip hop. T-Pain has a good voice, but he doesent belong in the world of rap. Now, basically, this is whats hitting the mainstrem and killing hip-hop. I will admit, it is VERY catchy, especially the beat. But the lyrics are crap!!! I give it 4/10 due to lack of creativity. I hate the auto-tuning on Waynes vocal track, which makes much worse than it already sounds.

oka i can finish i heard the first 16 seconds of "Comfortable" and that ruined it. I cant take it. That song sucks dick.
I will review one other song I have heard.

Let the beat build----- Great beat even though i think he sampled. He does a good job of slowly progressing a flow into a chorus. This is definitly the best song off C3 from what ive heard. 9/10 for great beat and oringial flow.
Sry someone else finish it i cant take lollipop and comfortable.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
Lord_Meth Date: Wednesday, 15/Oct/08, 10:27 PM | Message # 2

Heads
wow.....ok guys DO NOT say anything about this thread ok he was just sharing his opinion about the album
and hes entitled to his opinion

Sick With It
NtG Date: Wednesday, 15/Oct/08, 10:32 PM | Message # 3

Heads
Quote (t_nizzle53)
meteoker

i think you mean mediocre wink

Quote (t_nizzle53)
Sry someone else finish it i cant take lollipop and comfortable.

and i doubt anyone else is going to do this tongue

[deleted]
ilikebacon3000 Date: Thursday, 16/Oct/08, 0:21 AM | Message # 4

Emcees
i know people will tell me to get off his dick, but personally he is a okay rapper. I just think he wastes his talent on songs like comfortable and lollipop. if he had 12 more songs like "Let the beat build" it might get a 7/10 or maybe even 8 but with most of his songs being about how much shit he has, well that makes more than half of it shit. Im just curious, why do so many people act like he is the WORST rapper ever??? I mean hes not Great, let alone even worthy of how much kudos he is given, but why do you think he sucks so bad. Forget about beats and song meanings, just think of his flow? I do think it is original in many of his songs. What about you?

EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 16/Oct/08, 1:02 AM | Message # 5

Heads
Quote (t_nizzle53)
Im just curious, why do so many people act like he is the WORST rapper ever??? I mean hes not Great, let alone even worthy of how much kudos he is given, but why do you think he sucks so bad.

its the fact that he claims and acts like he's the best, and people believe him. plus he actually does say a LOT of stupid lyrics. i hear he also bites others lyrics a lot.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
ilikebacon3000 Date: Thursday, 16/Oct/08, 1:38 AM | Message # 6

Emcees
Quote (EmSeed)
plus he actually does say a LOT of stupid lyrics

"My name aint bic, but i keep that flame"

"I'm a venereal disease like a menstrual bleed
Threw the pencil and leak the sheet of the tablet in my mind,
Cause I don't write shit cause I ain't got time"

"Call me Mr. Carter or Mr. Lawn Mower"

and worse of all
"They say I'm rappin like BIG, jay, and tupac"
talk about stupid.......
the Really bad part is thats all from 1 song......lol

Kiba Date: Thursday, 16/Oct/08, 4:45 AM | Message # 7

Emcees
Quote (t_nizzle53)
and worse of all
"They say I'm rappin like BIG, jay, and tupac"

Who is the they???
The fans or corporation$ lol

I looked at the moon so full and so bright
And then at the fireplace with its flickering light
And realised why this world will never be right

Message edited by Kiba - Thursday, 16/Oct/08, 7:33 AM
eboyd Date: Thursday, 16/Oct/08, 11:08 AM | Message # 8

Heads
After carefully listening to this album several times (when it leaked), I can honestly say I fucking hate it. Lil Wayne is a fucking waste of talent, occasionally making decent songs ("Georgia Bush", "Hustla Muzik", "Tie My Hands") but overall making mostlý nonsensical lines and biting his good lyrics. He even bit an ENTIRE VERSE from AALIYAH!!! Lines like "dear Mr. Toilet, I'm the shit", "I have no brain I'm retarded/we are not the same I'm a martian", "I'm rare like Mr. Clean with hair", and my personal least favorite, "I'm an extension chord, I'm a lightning rod/ I'm a lion, roar, I'm a dinosaur/ I'm a sinus minus the nose/ I'm a cold" don't help his cause much either. "Mr. Carter" or "Dr. Carter" or whatever it's called sucked ass to me. Not only were his lines terrible and his flow attrocious, but Jay-Z swag jacked him in this track! It sounds awful! "A Millie" has to have the most annoying beat of all time, so I can't even really listen to the lyrics because of it. He actually has some decent beats on here though (ala producers like Alchemist and Kanye providing mediocre beats) but Wayne has no clue what to do with them. Overall, this album gets a stamp of 15% Real from me, and I was actually expecting improvements here too. I had heard tracks before that were supposed to be here and weren't that made it sound like Wayne was FINALLY using his ability. Boy was I wrong.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ilikebacon3000 Date: Friday, 17/Oct/08, 4:06 AM | Message # 9

Emcees
Yes his REAL cred is fake. I think he could be a very good rapper if he didnt waste his time trying to please others. His street cred is bull shit.

eboyd Date: Friday, 17/Oct/08, 4:30 AM | Message # 10

Heads
nah, i was going by our Rating System.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

PNobleDaLyricist Date: Friday, 17/Oct/08, 6:34 PM | Message # 11

Emcees
Here go my Reasons right here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mptMWzF1K_k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyLsXfJQaUM

also....on TV he repeats lines and verses and say dere freestyles....on multiple occasions
him and birdman said dat he was betta den 2pac and biggie
He stole his style from gillie da kid and gillie murderd him twice
said in a freestyle "im loc n" dats wat crips say dat shows he a fake ass blood

o and i mention da gang things because my family is big gang wise and gangs is as big as hip-hop in my life

o and he got some tight rhymes yea i can't deny dat...hustla muzik is my shit but he lost me when he said he was da best rapper alive....den he sucked on best rapper alive

Mainground

RHHF rap

16-7-0 69%(if u round its 70% doe) tournaments won =1

tournament record: 4-3

exhibition record: 12-4

Message edited by PNobleDaLyricist - Friday, 17/Oct/08, 6:37 PM
Deadly-Sin Date: Friday, 17/Oct/08, 8:39 PM | Message # 12

Removed
His flow aint all that good imo
his flow is wack, his voice is just fucking wrong
and i swear his just whoopie goldberg with a penis
anyways iv heard 3 of his tracks all 3 sucked
i had to change them and i hadn't even listen to more then a minute
i dont know why people waste money on a cd from an artist they dont like
thats like bush, and bin laden having coffee at a quikstop.
if you have heard "No Nigga" well he pretty much stole his verse
from Jada, and mook, so id give the album a 1% even tho i havnt heard
it and dont wanna
eboyd Date: Friday, 17/Oct/08, 9:04 PM | Message # 13

Heads
His flow can be good when he wants it to be. Trust me, check "Georgia Bush." Unfortunately people today make such a big deal about flow when it isn't about that and they forget about the lyrics themselves.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

AyDee Date: Friday, 17/Oct/08, 9:06 PM | Message # 14

Emcees
the only wayne songs i like are:

LaLaLa
Show me what you got(supposed freestyle)
and hustla muzik

thats about it...

"The beats make me fallin asleep"
eboyd Date: Friday, 17/Oct/08, 9:15 PM | Message # 15

Heads
You liked that show me what you got BS? That's where he said "I have no brain I'm retarded/ we are not the same I'm a martian."

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » "The Carter 3" ((The Carter 3 HONEST REVIEW))
Search: