Answers total: 9
Lord_Meth Date: Tuesday, 21/Oct/08, 10:27 PM | Message # 1

Heads
Lyrics: 99%
Flow: 95%
Production: 80%
X-Factor: 86%
Overall: 90%

This is the Best from Canibus yet. some people may hate his voice, but his voice and his flow make his lyrics sound so raw.
The production may sound a bit off since he did the album as an acapella but Stoupe found a way to pull it off and it still pleased me. This album didnt stick to me when I first listened to it I had to grow a taste for it but it eventually found a place along with my other classics. My favorite tracks were Poet Laurerate, Genibus, Spartibus, basically the whole CD its a must have so go check it out IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!

Sick With It
Deadly-Sin Date: Tuesday, 21/Oct/08, 11:16 PM | Message # 2

Removed
79-70
Lord_Meth Date: Wednesday, 22/Oct/08, 7:32 PM | Message # 3

Heads
Quote (Genasydal)
79-70

WAT?!?!?!?!
care to explain.......LMAO

Sick With It
Deadly-Sin Date: Wednesday, 22/Oct/08, 7:59 PM | Message # 4

Removed
Quote (Meth)
WAT?!?!?!?!
care to explain.......LMAO

Nah i would but u know
Lord_Meth Date: Wednesday, 22/Oct/08, 8:01 PM | Message # 5

Heads
I know....?
U dont like Canibus do u

Sick With It
Deadly-Sin Date: Wednesday, 22/Oct/08, 8:07 PM | Message # 6

Removed
Quote (Meth)
U dont like Canibus do u

uh his alright got good lyrics, but his nothing great
Menace Date: Wednesday, 22/Oct/08, 8:29 PM | Message # 7

Heads
Quote (Genasydal)

uh his alright got good lyrics, but his nothing great

come on bring arguments when u judge someone i mean u listen to Royce a amateur and u dont like Canibus a walkin book of knowledge thats nasty my dude thats nasty

Lord_Meth Date: Wednesday, 22/Oct/08, 8:35 PM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (Menace)
come on bring arguments when u judge someone i mean u listen to Royce a amateur and u dont like Canibus a walkin book of knowledge thats nasty my dude thats nasty

Menace has spoken LMAO
Yea Royce cant compete with Canibus if it came down to a full war on wax LMAO

Sick With It
Deadly-Sin Date: Wednesday, 22/Oct/08, 8:40 PM | Message # 9

Removed
Quote (Menace)
Royce a amateur

LMAO!!@ amateur
Kiba Date: Wednesday, 22/Oct/08, 8:52 PM | Message # 10

Emcees
WELL..first off i will say that the title for this cd does not fit the contents. "rip the jacker" - i swore was going to be a battle laced tales from the crypt type of album.
Before i review this cd- let's check his history. first cd- just freshly new- tried to satisfy many differ types of music fans- showed us flashes of great abilities but not consistent(thank you wyclef..!)second cd "2000 b.c." came back to answer all his critics with a banging- better produced-probably the best battle laced album ever(showed why he should be considered the best rapper)third- well- i'm a big fan of his- but this cd was weak(c-true hollywood stories). he went independent and released a cd trying to appeal to everyone. there's a couple gems in there but most of it ... like monica lewinsky. everyone wrote him off and said he was done with. that's when canibus went back to the drawing board and dropped "micclub". that release was his very best. i can not believe how intelligent he is. besides a great flow- he has at his disposal a great vast vocabulary. he destroyed eminem in a track lol.

now- here comes "rip the jacker". getting stoupe to produce was a dream come true for hardcore canibus fans. this guy is bad azz! his work on jedi mind tricks is great. he is a under-rated producer(i bet if he produced for nelly or 50 cent he would be heralded as much as neptunes or dr. dre) stoupe and cypress hill's producer are top notch! anyways- stoupe matched canibus vocals with heat! instead of using today's and yesterday's usual formula of producing by using james brown or roger and zapp samples- or played out neptunes beats- stoupe uses middle eastern, reggae, spanish/latin music. the content of canibus's flows are very differ to his early work. this was a more mature canibus- displays his intelligence the way most of the ignorant rappers today can't. listeners who can't live without their radio friendly rappers will not like this album(probably just the beats but not the lyrics). i love this album. this is the pinnacle of his career.

Lyrics: 95%
Flow: 90%
Production: 85%
X-Factor: 70%
Overall: 85%

I looked at the moon so full and so bright
And then at the fireplace with its flickering light
And realised why this world will never be right

Lord_Meth Date: Thursday, 23/Oct/08, 7:13 PM | Message # 11

Heads
*applauds* great review Kiba!!!!!
Can u make a thread for 2000 B.C. and Mic Club so i can see how those were with a full in depth review cause Im thinking bout gettin those

Sick With It
Kiba Date: Friday, 24/Oct/08, 1:07 AM | Message # 12

Emcees
ok sure il do a reveiw for 2000 B.C. and Mic Club, plus il do all the one's we already got up aswell

I looked at the moon so full and so bright
And then at the fireplace with its flickering light
And realised why this world will never be right

Watcher Date: Tuesday, 06/Jan/09, 9:08 AM | Message # 13

Watchers
I'm not going to rate this.. I don't like Canibus and it's no secret. It's my opinion, don't bitch about it. I hate his vocals, sounds like a mad midget. Sure, he rhymes well, multi-syllable words and all o that shit but it's never anything I care about. 'Before Jesus was Hung on the Cross there Was .. Some shit'..Sure ok I'll give him the Lyrics but I also hate his attitude. He comes into the game and starts some shit with people that were in the game way before him. I'm not just talking about LL cause I know he started it but then again Canibus shouldn't have 'borrowed' shit on his verse. Then he went after Eminem and something else. 2nd Round K.O. was tight but the Eminem disses were weak as fuck.. Some Stan re-do and some other crap I just had to put it out. I'm not saying Eminem's 'Can-I-Bitch' was much better but it was funny at least.

So what pisses me off about this dude is basically his lame as fuck voice, subjects he raps about, attitude.

Deadly-Sin Date: Tuesday, 06/Jan/09, 9:52 AM | Message # 14

Removed
Quote (Watcher)
'Can-I-Bitch'

can-i-bitch sucked dick. i wouldnt even class
that as been a diss track its just feminem been a fag
AruNavi Date: Wednesday, 07/Jan/09, 7:18 PM | Message # 15

Emcees
Quote (Kiba)
e destroyed eminem in a track lol.

that has yet to happen. EM has never been murdered. the mere fact that EM didn't take Bus serious explained a lot lmao. He ripped BUS in Canibitch ROFL. But anyway this album was nice front to back. I can't take anything from him. But the beats on some tracks were straight shit. Overall i say a 90

my girl friend

I am probably RHH4 asshole of the site lmao

THE PUREST MC=ME ARU NAVI My brother=Menace Uncharted
My wife=Chinita the Beautiful
My rival=LaPen
My niggas=Eboyd Kiba Pen LaPen Lord Meth P Noble NtG Render 11thPlauge

i woulda done rubber matches if i new u was gone bite Aru Navi/

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH i love this line

how did i bite aru navi? just curious...
uz every verse he did in dat battle, he tried flipping my verse every single time...it was work n until i won lol but yea u basically tried 2 flip da 1st verse like him
Aru Navi says-"Cause I beez da shitz." West Coast King Style

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Canibus - "Rip the Jacker"
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: